Quick Introduction | FerrariChat

Quick Introduction

Discussion in 'North & South Carolina' started by Cheetah, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Cheetah

Cheetah Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Charlotte
    Full Name:
    Alan
    Just wanted to say 'Hi' as I'm new to FerrariChat and I've been in NC almost my entire life.
    Quick background....
    I'm from north eastern North Carolina, where my love of Ferrari first grew. Unfortunately, there were zero Ferrari's in the area (at least during my childhood). Luckily, I had a father would traveled extensively overseas and would bring me back the euro rags with enough Ferrari & F1 to whet the dreamers appettie.
    So what's does a kid do?
    Mow yards for multiple years so I could pay for a trip to Europe.
    I got the chance when I was seventeen and made my first trip to Maranello. Of course at the time, I thought getting through the hallowed doors would be easy, but all was not lost as the Galleria had just opened up. I also managed to catch the German GP on that trip and I've been a junkie ever since. That was 15+ years ago and the love has only increased.
    While I don't own a Ferrari (yet), I do have quite the collection as I try and take a picture with every new Ferrari I see live. Photos will have to sustain me for the time being, but hopefully...the day of ownership is soon. (I have a Ferrari hood badge welded inside my S2000's trunk to remind me)
    My dream Ferrari: The 250 GT SWB
    I'm also pretty fond of the 275 GTB/4
    Greatest Ferrari moment: Being there when Alesi took his only win for the Scuderia in Canada.
    Anyway....that's the quickie intro. I look forward to posting on the board.
    Btw.....is there anywhere in NC where one might catch a glimpse of an Enzo? ;)

2. L8Braker

L8Braker Formula 3

Nov 10, 2003
    Asheville NC
    Full Name:
    Jeremy Stafford
    Well I got lucky enough to see a black and yellow one at Foreign Cars Italia. Then I saw a red one at Road ATL for the Petit Lemans.

They don't advertise them you have to go on a manhunt and look in the service department.

Good Luck they are amazing!

3. resnow

resnow Formula Junior

May 21, 2001
    North Carolina
    Full Name:
    Bob Snow
    It's a long time yet, it seems, but we are already having planning meetings in the FCA-SE Region for our annual first weekend in May track weekend at VIR (just over the NC-VA border from Milton, NC). You will likely see an Enzo there, along with about 50 other Ferraris and maybe Maseratis and Lamborghinis. The Enzo is in Greensboro and was at VIR last year.

Even if you're not an FCA member, you are welcome to come and have fun. Let me know your address (by private message) and I'll see that you get on our event's mailing list.

Bob