Looking to buy 360 Challenge car | FerrariChat

Looking to buy 360 Challenge car

Discussion in 'Challenge/GT Cars/Track' started by Eilig, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    I am giving some thought to buying a 360 Challenge car -- with a strong preferance to the color red. The car I want will never have been wrecked, and the fewer race miles, the better. It does not matter to me what year it is. Does anyone know of a car meeting these criteria? If so, please let me know, thanks!

2. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    You're biggest problem with be finding a car that hasn't been wrecked and RACED.

Unfortunetally the two are not mutually exclusive.

If it was raced it was likely damaged at some point unless we are talking about a car that was raced one or two races.

Doesn't matter if the car was a back marker, front runner, or mid-pack runner, they all have damage.

Ferrari of Washington had one that had never been raced for sale (belonged to a F Chat member) but it has since sold.

Your best bet is to look in Europe. There are many more 360 and 355 C's in Europe that were purchased for track days only and not raced.

There aren't many here in the states that were not raced since FNA still made you pay the Challenge fee (20-24K) for the car even if you didn't race it. This meant very few came in to the US and were used only as track cars.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

3. BigHead

BigHead Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2003
    Outside of Boston
    Full Name:
    Dennis
    FWIW, I know of a YELLOW one that otherwise fits your criteria - sort of. Keep reading.

It was raced twice, had a minor engine fire, but then shipped back to the factory for a complete rebuild. All updates. Has not been driven on the track since it was completed and shipped back to the states. I've seen the car, and it looks BRAND NEW.

A good friend bought it, but he drives his 355CH at track events, and he likes owning it but doesn't really know what to do with it. He'll probably sell it for $115k or so, but otherwise he'll just keep it just to keep it, I guess.

FWIW, raced and used examples are turning up for $85-$105k all over, I think.

Good luck!

vty,

--Dennis

4. Eilig

Eilig F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 31, 2001
    Full Name:
    Cavallo
    Thanks!

5. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

I actually just spoke with a friend(also my mechanic) who mentioned that another client is selling his 360 Challenge. The owner is about 70yo gentleman who used his 360 for track events but no racing. To my knowledge it is impeccable. He is a multi millionaire who mostly plays around on the track. I have been in his car on the track with him...I think he rather babied the car actually. Anyway, my mechanic can give you more info. The car is in Amelia Island Florida. Ask for Steve at Omega Motorsports. The asking price is only $85k. I don't believe it has ever had any damage.

6. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Sorry...I guess it would help if I included the #!!!

904-721-2022