TLC's Rides: Weekly Thread | FerrariChat

TLC's Rides: Weekly Thread

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by karmavore, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    What did you guys think? Seems like they had a full show, but I also felt that they skipped over A LOT of detail with regard to the Diora fabrication. Also, the non functionality of some of the pieces disappointed me.

Oh, and another thing...

I am so sick of those West Cost customs guys!!

"10" in the dash!! yeah! 10" in the dash!! yeah!"

They sound like Special Ed from Crank Yankers.

Luke.

2. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    That was me at the computer talking about the surfacing. It would have been cool if they had skipped the West Coast part and spent more time on the construction of the Deora II.
    As far as the non functionality, show cars are always like that beacuse there is no need for a lot of the things that make it look cool, especially on a Hotwheel where stuff is put on it because it is a toy. I'm happy if they make it a driver (so many concept cars aren't) cause it is so cool to see them drive among regular cars.

3. TSMIV

TSMIV Formula Junior

Jan 27, 2004
    Columbus, MS
    Full Name:
    Robert Goodman
    I would have loved it if they had skipped the WCC guys too. But that seems to appeal to their target demographic. It saddened me that Hot Wheels was going to do a series of 1:64s of WCC creations, but I bet they sell like hotcakes because that is what the market demands. All the model shops in my area are filled to the brim with those type models. The upside is the models I like are discounted for quick sale.

I really like the Deora II. It was awesome that they made it a running concept. The fake stuff on it did not really bother me. I hope Hot Wheels commissions more 1:1 functional versions of their models. I was so glad to see them make 1:18 of some of their creations.

The technology behind building concept cars and prototypes really appeals to me. I could sit and watch that sort of stuff all day. Plus my younger brother is an airsmith (guy who makes and modifies paintball markers) and that gives us something to talk about because that is all he talks about. His whole world revolves around multi-axis mills and fabrication.

4. racedecknc

racedecknc Karting

Nov 24, 2003
    Winston Salem
    Full Name:
    Ed
    I liked the show as well. I think we'd all kill to have "5 axis" in our neighborhood.

Ed

5. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore

I'm just pissed that my new 1:18 White 360S "whip" was inspired by WCC. Its really does suck though, aprat from the color of course!!

Luke.

6. karmavore

karmavore Formula 3

Dec 29, 2002
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Karmavore
    Too f'ing cool. What do you do there?

Luke.

7. Qvb

Qvb F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2003
    Newport Beach Ca.
    Full Name:
    John Dixon
    I am actually an independent car designer but I do a lot of work for 5Axis. I made the 3D data for the exterior of the Deora, this was the data they used to mill the body.