Stradale Option Selection | FerrariChat

Stradale Option Selection

Discussion in '360/430' started by mrmckay, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    It looks like I might be getting an allocation for a Stradale. What's the difference between the two shades of red available? ( I understand that one has more of an orange tint to it. )? Any pics availabe? ( I've seen some pictures but the color wasn't identified. ) I'm thinking that black calipers are the only way to go w/ a red exterior. I'll probably get the radio. Anything thing I'm forgetting or overlooking? Any opinions on what to do as far as the interior?

Thanks,
    Chris

2. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule
    Plenty of pics already posted. See the thread on 360 CS at FoSF.

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    If you are going with either red you have to get the stripes. it looks so much better with them .

4. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    whhy no red calipers ? It looks amazing !

5. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i have owned two 360 modenas in rosso corsa red (the common red that is on most ferraris). it looks great. BUT, i saw rosso scuderia red (the more orangish red) with a stripe on a stradale at the LA car show a few weeks ago. the stradale looks fantastic in that shade of red! i had already ordered my stradale to be rosso scuderia red (no stripe) with the red/black alcantara interior and black brake calipers (i went with black calipers because i thought that there were so many reds on the car that red calipers might be too much red). but when i saw the rosso scuderia with stripe and red/black alcantara interior and red calipers with my own eyes i immediately contacted my dealer and changed my order to include the stripe and red calipers. it looks great. all the reds work together beautifully. italians have a way with designs and colors :)

i decided not to order a radio because i saw a picture of a stradale with a radio and it looks a little odd to me hanging below the dashboard. besides, i never listen to the radio in a ferrari anyway :) the only other options i ordered were the battery charger and the fire extinguisher.

lastly, i am going to replace the standard horn in the stradale (sounds like a buick to me) with a ferrari 355 air horn (about $150). just a personal pet peeve of mine. LOL.

6. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I also put in an order for the aluminium roll bar and the 4 point safety harnesses as well.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Yeah, rub it in. (Us 'mericans don't get those options.)

8. stradman

stradman Formula 3

Jan 8, 2004
    London UK
    Full Name:
    Stradman
    I am sorry.Didn't mean to rub it in. I wasn't aware that you were not offered these options. And why not anyway?

9. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Ordered mine as follows:

Rosso Corsa with painted Stripe
    All leather interioir (black and red) - seats in 2 tone red/black
    Red Stitching
    Fire Extinguisher
    Battery charger
    NO Stereo
    Red Calipers

Status turned to 20 today ...yeehaa! March delivery...

10. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #11 dan360, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    I've attached a photo I took which I think captures the scuderia color well. Mine will be w/ stripe in this color. If you search there are is a thread that suggests the sound quality of the radio is fairly crap - I'm not bothering. I agree about the black calipers - I think with the CC brakes, that red would take away from them.

I'm going with a black alcantara steering wheel as well. with the red/black "standard" interior. I think the red stitching on this interior looks great.

Pity about the belts & bars I would have got those were they available in the US. Some safety regulation stuff means no dice.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Because, as safety equipment, it would need to go through crash testing... destructive crash testing. Ferrari is not willing to sacrifice additional cars just so we can have those two options. And I don't blame them. Afterall, we can always add them after-market.

12. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i thought the same thing about black calipers being the right choice...until i saw a rosso scuderia with stripe, red/black alcantara interior and red calipers in person. i've always chosen black calipers on my red ferraris. but in this case the red calipers are as appropriate on the stradale as the stripe :) when you see one for yourself in person you will kick yourself :)

13. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    just in case those pesky slow cars get in your way right? LOL! :)

14. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    I'm sure I will - but I did have to quit agonizing and place the order! I'm sure when I see then, I'll be able to take that into account for the next car along the line :)

15. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i was lucky in that i originally placed my order for rosso scuderia (no stripe) and black calipers, but was able to change the order after i saw the stripe and red calipers at the los angeles auto show. my car was only at stage 10 so my dealer was able to make the changes :)

16. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Make sure and get the right seat size. I just returned from Maranello, and was able to sit in two Stradale's in the final prep area for shipment. I sat in medium and large seats. I was large. I am 170# 5'8"

I had been going back and forth on the caliper colors and saw a Rossa Scuderia with red calipers and it looked very nice. I'm going with that.

17. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Good point. I got to sit in both as well... I am 5'7 160#... I fit comfortably in either medium or large... very snug in medium... snug enough in large... but I chose large so that I didn't squish my friends. However, I am sure some of my friends will be wishing for extra large.

18. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    My dealer ordered the large seats for me. I assume we're all talking about option RSCH? I'm 6'1 and 195lbs. Hopefully I'll fit ok in them. Is extra large an option? I only see small / medium / large for valid sizes.

Regards,
    Chris

19. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i "triple checked" with everybody on the planet (marco brunelli - sales manager at ferrari in maranello, my local dealer, and FNA) about available seat sizes for the stradale a couple months ago and the largest seat is "large". they do not offer "extra-large".

20. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Does anyone have a pic of a Rosso Scuderia Stradale w/ red or yellow calipers?

Thanks,
    Chris

21. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003

I have the fire extinguisher in my CS and I don' like it – it vibrates, it intrudes in the passenger foot space, and the rubber foot mat has an ugly cut-out – if you don’t track the car it is not really necessary in my view

One of the projects I have planned is to take mine out and replace it with fire extinguishers mounted to the front of the seats.

22. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    Just like Stradman, all my previous Ferraris 328GTS, F355B, 360 Modena have been Rosso Corsa and either Crema or Biege interior.

My Stradale will be in Rosso Scuderia with stripes. Red leather interior, leather lined roof, black dashboard with red stitching, Black/red steering, radio, roll bar, 4-point harness, red calipers. BTW it's RHD.

Saw the e-mail from the factory confirming assembly start Feb 22. Mine is for March delivery. It's a bold colour combination and I'm excited.

23. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i saw this car in person and it looks GREAT!

24. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    one more.