Southeast Club Kick off Party. | FerrariChat

Southeast Club Kick off Party.

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by LMPDesigner, Jan 26, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Attention all fellow Ferrari Fans.

In honor of Enzo's birthday and to "kick off" the start of the 2004 year I am having another party at my house in Suwanee, GA. on Feb 21st. The party will be similar to last years--We will have it catered food-probably BBQ like last year (Unless I get other suggestions), wine, booze and beer with a $10.00 door donation to cover costs. (Last year the donations covered all of the costs plus $50.00--which went to John Delvac as he did most of the hard work-Thanks-John) For those who came last year I think every one enjoyed themselves and I am hoping for better weather this year. Bring yourselves-friends, wives, girlfriends, (For those of you with both-you figure out the logistics) but most of all bring your cars!! Parking is pretty good around my place--the neighbors are very understanding and we have no traffic on my street. (I am on dead end road in quiet,sleepy neighborhood). You can find more info on the FCA-SE website with maps and more details to come. Plan starting around 5:00 PM Saturday, Feb 21st.

Perhaps we can also plan on doing the video shoot the same day--Start in the morning doing the shoot up North and finish up the car parade at my house for food, drink and good times.

Brian Willis

[email protected] for questions/offers of help?

2. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
  3. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    By the way, John Delvac did do a great job organizing the event last year, and he didn't keep that $50 excess, he used it to pay for some of the door prizes we gave away at the event last year.

Brian: Since we had the event at $20 per person or $35 per couple last year, will your planned $10/person be enough to cover the food?

4. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    Okay $20.00 per person/$35.00 per couple. Mea Culpa.

Everybody just show up anyhow--that is an order!

5. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    I am curious how many people plan to attend the party on Feb 21st. It would help me to get an idea of food and booze requirements. Please either e-mail me or pop a note on this chat line.

Thanks,

Brian Willis

[email protected]

6. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Sounds like fun, Ill be there.

Are any others interested in some sort of drive earlier in the day? Cruise up to Dahlonega or something and then loop back down to the party?

Terry

7. madturk

madturk Formula 3
    BANNED

Nov 2, 2003
    Williston, ND
    Full Name:
    Seyhan Kilincci
    I might be interested.

8. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I will certainly be there!

9. Mike C

Mike C F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 3, 2002
    Southeast USA
    Full Name:
    Mike Charness
    There's a track event at Road Atlanta being put on by Panoz that day...
    see details at www.fca-se.com

10. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Im signed up for the Sunday track day with Panoz. Its going to be real close on whether my car is back together in time. Engine/Trans have to come out.... and rear suspension rebuild completed. Im going to try...

Terry

11. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    #11 LMPDesigner, Feb 14, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Okay everyone-Another post on my party with some directions to my house.

In honor of Enzo's birthday and to "kick off" the start of the 2004 year I am having another party at my house in Suwanee, GA. on Feb 21st.

The party will be similar to last years--We will have it catered food-probably BBQ like last year (Unless I get other suggestions), wine, booze and beer with a $10.00 door donation to cover costs. For those who came last year I think every one enjoyed themselves and I am hoping for better weather this year. Bring yourselves-friends, wives, girlfriends, (For those of you with both-you figure out the logistics) but most of all bring your cars!! You do not have to be a FCA member to come or own a Ferrari to come. The party is open to all.

Parking is pretty good around my place--the neighbors are very understanding and we have no traffic on my street. (I am on dead end road in quiet,sleepy neighborhood). You can find detailed directions below.
    Plan starting around 5:00 PM Saturday, Feb 21st.

I really want a good showing this year. We had about 40 people last year and they all had a good time. Lets go for a whole bunch more this year. It would be very neat to have an entire neighborhood full of Ferraris! (My neighbors are very good about this-They love my cars and my 2:00 AM 8000 RPM test romps-They actually do!)

If you are planning on coming it would help me if I could get some sort of head count to plan on food/drink needs. Please RSVP me at any of the below:

[email protected]

Cell: 678-697-8142
    Home: 678-957-0878

More directions than you bargained for:

Directions to Brian’s from Atlanta, GA (travel time ½ hour):

1. Going North on I-85, Take exit 109-Old Peachtree Road. (It is now open going North)
    2. Turn Left at “T” onto Old Peachtree. Go about 1/3 mile to Satellite Road. Take right (North) onto Satellite. (There is a Home Depot at this corner.)
    3. Go North on Satellite for about 1 to 1-1/4 miles. Stay in left lane and look for/take first left available. This is Wildwood Drive.
    4. Turn Left onto Wildwood and look for second left on road. (No more than ¼ mile.)
    5. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    6. First Right on Taramore Way
    7. At end, turn right on Baynes Point Drive.
    8. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208. (Grey Contemporary on small hill.)

Directions to Brian’s from Greenville, SC (travel time 1-1/2 hours):

1. Going South on I-85, exit 109. (Now open South) Beware-this exit comes up quickly after Exit 111 and is longest, straightest exit in existence. (I had my 360 F1 going 165 on this exit!)
    2. At “T” turn right onto Old Peachtree. Go about 1/3 mile to Satellite Road. Take right (North) onto Satellite. (There is a Home Depot at this corner.)
    3. Go North on Satellite for about 1 to 1-1/4 miles. Stay in left lane and look for/take first left available. This is Wildwood Drive.
    4. Turn Left onto Wildwood and look for second left on road. (No more than ¼ mile.)
    5. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    6. First Right on Taramore Way
    7. At end, turn right on Baynes Point Drive.
    8. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208. (Grey Contemporary on small hill.)

Directions to Brian’s from Ferrari of Atlanta (travel time ½ hour):

1. Take right from FOA parking lot on Hwy 9, North (AKA: Alpharetta Hwy, Roswell Road, Main Street & Atlanta Street, depending on where you are).
    2. Go approximately 1.5 miles North to right (East) on Old Milton Pkwy (AKA: Rucker Rd, Hwy 120 & State Bridge Rd).
    3. Cross GA Hwy 400 and continue on Old Milton Pkwy about 1.5 miles until road curves to the right.
    4. Take left on Kimbal Bridge Road (AKA: Abbot’s Bridge Rd., Hwy 120).
    5. Cross Jones Bridge Road and then cross Hwy 141 (AKA: Medlock Bridge Road & Peachtree Parkway), then cross Peachtree Industrial Blvd. The road you are on is now called Abbot’s Bridge, Hwy 120.
    6. At railroad track dead end in Downtown Duluth, take a right and a quick left to stay on Hwy 120, East.
    7. Go 200 feet to Buford Hwy (AKA: Duluth Hwy, Hwy 23/ US13) and turn left, going North.
    8. Go ¼ mile and turn right (East) on Old Peachtree Road.
    9. Go a couple of miles and pass Sugarloaf Parkway.
    10. Turn Left on Satellite Blvd.
    11. First (1st) left turn on Wildwood Drive.
    12. Second (2nd) left turn into Taramore Farms subdivision.
    13. First Right on Taramore Way
    14. At end, tun right on Baynes Point Drive.
    15. Brian’s is last house on right at dead end, #1208.

You can call my cell phone (678-697-8142 Brian) if you get lost or need directions from somewhere else.

Brian Willis
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

12. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    I will attempt to be there--will be on the way back from Greenville.
    PS- Sprites only for me--dont drink.

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I will be in Florida that weekend. Nice of you to go through all that trouble and I hope all turns out well.

14. JOECHRISTMAS

JOECHRISTMAS Formula Junior

Mar 4, 2001
    Sounds like a fun party. I will try to come down from Chattanooga. May bring my new 308QV.

15. STEEDA30

STEEDA30 Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    Atlanta(Vinings),Ga.
    Full Name:
    Rick Charles
    I am up for the drive for sure. I believe Tifosi69 and 512Professora said that they were interested in going if there were any others that were up for it.

16. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    If my final visa for China doesn't show up before the weekend, I may be able to make it. Have to drive the Carrera, the 365 is already in storage.

17. coachi

coachi Formula 3

May 1, 2002
    SC USA
    weather permitting, my wife and I will be there. We enjoyed the party last year and we are looking forward to it.

18. Crawford

Crawford Formula 3

Mar 5, 2003
    Nashville, TN
    Full Name:
    Crawford White
    I'll be coming down with a friend, and we'd be up for a drive or a get together at Road Atlanta.

Can you go out to the track if you're not signed up to track your car??? I've never been to RA, although my friend was there in the 70's when he was racing dirt bikes...

19. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    Cr@p. I'm out, you guys have fun.

20. LMPDesigner

LMPDesigner F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Atlanta Georgia
    My last post about party. (I promise!)

Everyone-come and have some fun!

Sat. 5:00 PM

'nuff said"

Brian Willis

21. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    still planning on coming--hopefully i can get the car there too--today i had to shut it down and tow it home--lowd clattering was coming from front bank belt cover--think a pulley is working loose---getting ready to dig into it tonight.

I think my car is SHY---just before every gathering she gets a bug---she is fine the rest of time but apparently does not like to meet other Fcars.---

22. branko

branko F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 17, 2003
    Birmingham, Alabama
    Full Name:
    Branko Medenica
    Atlantaman, (I know the feeling), I also had to have mine towed. The ignition switch died. The part should be here next week. Have fun at the party.

23. atlantaman

atlantaman Formula 3

Mar 31, 2002
    Roswell, Georgia
    Full Name:
    Charles
    well---as it turns out--a cracked alternator pulley nut was backing off making the alternator was rattle really badly--but during the work- i discovered yet another bad wheel bearing--should have it all replaced and running by noon and ready to be there in the evening.

24. 4re308

4re308 F1 Rookie

Jun 13, 2001
    Woodstock, GA
    Full Name:
    Mitch D
    I am looking forward to seeing everyone tonight! It will be a great time!

25. WaltP

WaltP Formula 3

Nov 1, 2003
    Cape Canaveral/Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Walt P
    Brian, Thanks for hosting the party. My wife & I had a great time and look forward to a year of doing more things with the club.