F1 intro | FerrariChat

F1 intro

Discussion in 'Northwest' started by GWat, Jan 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Well, as I sit here at JFK waiting to come home, I'M pondering the fact that we as owners were not allowed to bring cameras to the event. I did get a few though (wink, wink, naugh, naugh). I will post them tomorrow.

2. Willis360

Willis360 F1 Rookie

Aug 4, 2001
    Redmond, WA
    Full Name:
    Willis H
    I don't understand the secrecy. As soon as they took the wrap off the car, the pictures are posted on the internet already.

Looking forward to your pictures.

3. stokpro

stokpro F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jun 25, 2003
    Himalayas
    exactly, pictures were all over the internet the moment they introduced the new car. they even had live streaming video of the launch on ferrariworld. gwat, how was the rest of the trip, tour, etc? did i completely miss out on a great event?

4. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #4 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    naugh?? I guess jet lag has affected my spelling. That would be "wink, wink, nudge, nudge".

Anyway, i didn't get it either. They had Micheal on the big screen while he was secretly taking pictures with his cell phone. Probably to show Ralph his new ride. I brought my new SLR w/400mm zoom and all kinds of hi-speed film all the way to Italy to hear as I was getting on the bus "NO CAMERA'S!!". What a disappointment. By the time we got back to the hotel the pics were all over the news and the papers had extensive states and close ups to the car the next day.

The only reason I can understand would be that this was inside the factory and maybe they didn't want the average person inside taking pics of other stuff. There was obviously no secrets inside the launch event area itself.

We did get to go inside the delivery preperation area to fit the seat size on our Stradale though. Many, many Stradale's, Spiders, Modenas, 575's and even two Enzo's going though final clean up for shipment. That was better than the F1 launch, well maybe not. Seeing Michael, Rubino, Jean Todt, Rory and Luca in the same room was pretty cool.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

5. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #5 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
  6. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    Before...

7. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #7 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
  8. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #8 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
  9. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #9 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
  10. GWat

GWat Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    USA
    #10 GWat, Jan 28, 2004
  11. shelbee

shelbee Guest

I would not want to have Marlboro directly stuck on my throat. Cancer will appear faster