Business in the Bronx!? | FerrariChat

Business in the Bronx!?

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by davem, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Im thinking about doing biz in the Bronx. (Subway franchisee)
    Everyone has to eat right. What i want to find out is the Bronx coming back, going down or just the same ole...
    Also what parts independantly are doing better than others.
    I have a GM who will be living there. Im having a hard time finding locations here in Ct. and need to branch out.

Thanks, Dave

2. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DAVE

MAKE SURE HE IS EQUIPPED WITH AN UZI AND A AK-47

BRUCE

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  4. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
  5. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Ok so maybe not Fort Apache!!

6. MikeZ_NJ

MikeZ_NJ Formula 3

Dec 10, 2002
    Southern NJ
    Full Name:
    Mike Z.
    #6 MikeZ_NJ, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    If you're lucky, maybe you can have wedding receptions like White Castle does!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Hey Bruce, nice to stereotype,,, Unless you live in Princeton or the richest of towns in Bergen County, I'm willing to bet, the part of the Bronx I grew up in is far more affluent and has more expensive homes than where you are in NJ, along with 3 top 10 nationally ranked private schools...

8. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

HEY KENNY , COOL YOUR JETS.....THE BRONX NOW IS NOT A GREAT AREA WITH ALOT OF CRIME..EXCEPT FOR THE ITALIAN SECTION(ARTHUR AVE AREA) WHICH IS STILL NICE........

I ALSO WAS BORN IN THE BRONX....SO GO BACK TO SCHOOL, GET AN EDUCATION, AND LEARN WHAT THE WORD "STEREOTYPE" MEANS...

BTW, I DONT LIVE IN PRINCETON NOR BERGEN COUNTY SO PLEASE RESEARCH WHAT YOU SAY BEFORE YOU OPEN YOUR PUNK-ASS MOUTH.......

9. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    I've never actually been to the Bronx; however, from what I've heard Riverdale sounds like a nice area.

Yeah, I live in Manhattan and I've never been to the Bronx, Queens, Staten Island, or Brooklyn...

10. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m
    Thanks guys. Yes Riverdale, City island, are nice enough.
    Bruce you have properties in the Bronx??

11. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    NO DAVE, I DONT

WHERE IN THE BRONX ARE YOU THINKING??

12. davem

davem F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 21, 2002
    Stepford, Connecticut
    Full Name:
    dave m

BRUCE I SENT YOU A PM

THANKS DAVE

13. I'd never set foot in New York City without the entire 82nd Airborne with me.

14. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON
    DONT WORRY WE DONT WANT YOU ANYWAY..............

15. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

#15 maranelloman, Jan 28, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    The Bronx? Good idea, as long as you can find someone to run it for you who sort of blends in, if you know what I mean.

However, I agree that the Bronx is moving up: Look who offices there now....
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

16. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Bruce- you are truly an ignorant dumbass, and know little about the borough you grew up in...

Davem- yes, the Riverdale section of the Bronx was what I was referring to...

17. BWS550

BWS550 Wants to be a mod

Apr 1, 2002
    NEW JERSEY
    Full Name:
    BRUCE WELLINGTON

YES IM IGNORANT, AND A DUMBASS.........THATS WHY I OWN AND OPERATE A MILLION DOLLAR COMPANY

YOU ARE JUST A SPOILED LITTLE BOY , WASTING YOUR PARENTS MONEY GOING TO COLLEGE..........GROW UP..........

18. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Yeah, you got me Bruce, resorting to personal attacks and insults...

Bruce, why don't you learn to read more carefully million dollar man, I never said you live in Princeton, or Bergen County, and I already graduated college in 1995 you dumbass, read my profile...

19. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Hey, ENOUGH OF THIS *****!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. noahlh

noahlh Formula 3

Aug 28, 2003
    NYC, NY
    Full Name:
    Noah
    I have to second the point that ALL of the Bronx is not awful (I too grew up in Riverdale -- 247th St -- and I can assure you that the whole neighborhood is plenty safe) but much the rest of it certainly leaves something to be desired. In fact, even Arthur Ave. is steadily degrading, and isn't the safe-haven it used to be years ago when the "families" made sure it was safe.

Anyway, I'm curious -- davem -- where were you thinking of opening the franchise?

Also, kenny -- where did you grow up?

--Noah

21. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    Noah- I grew up in Riverdale as well and grew up attending Horace Mann on 246th st / Tibett Ave.

I agree about your statement regarding Arthur Ave. It's a shame a lot of those sections of the Bronx has slowly been degrading,,, I heard sections of the Grand Concourse and those areas were real nice 40- years ago...

22. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Jesus cracker carreaper you plan on hitting a running dear at 500 yards with that Dragunov those are some expensive weapons. you should get a 100 round Mag for that AK. Itd be alot of fun

23. lesterm

lesterm Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Durham, NC
    This is a question i've always wanted to ask a student who goes/went to Horace Mann. I went to a private school in Manhattan (The Dwight School) and there was this rumor floating around that Horance Mann had a remarkably high suicide rate because of the tough curriculum and the brutal teachers. Any truth to this or should I submit it to snopes...?

24. kenny

kenny Formula Junior

Nov 9, 2003
    Greenwich , CT
    Full Name:
    Kenny
    lesterm- I don't recall any suicides when I was there, but yes it was academically rigorous and it was a pretty cut throat atmosphere... I heard it has gotten more competitive since I left... I graduated in 1991, way before your time.. Things have changed a lot since...

25. Oh let me qualify my earlier remark; I wouldn't enter New York City with just the 82nd Airborne, I'd bring the 101st and probably a few SEAL teams with me as well.