9/11 tape | FerrariChat

9/11 tape

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Napolis, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Those who live in freedom should never forget how lucky they are...
    Go to www.abcnews.com and listen to it.
    "We're highjacked..."

2. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jim, I read about this in the morning paper. Don't know if I could listen to though. Maybe they should play it before the eventual presidential debates...

3. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I heard that tape too. I still get choked up whenever I hear anything about that day. It seems so long ago. These are the same little scum that kill a few soldiers each day in Iraq. Their time will come.

4. JH

JH F1 Veteran

Nov 14, 2002
    Odense, Denmark
    Full Name:
    Jonas H.
    No they are not. The Iraqi's didnt have anything to do with the attacks on WTC.

5. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I don't think the people launching the attacks are Iraqis. I don't want to debate it.

Let's talk about Floor Mats. OK?

6. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Jonas, I think that you'll find emotions are still quite raw here in the US over 9/11, as they should be. I second the thought that discussing the rightness or wrongness of the Iraq war should be saved for another day.

Thx, DrTax

7. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

Jim, that woman is about the most calm, collected, brave soul out there...righ up there with the folks on that other flight who rushed the hijackers, knowint their own doom...

Very moving, very humbling. I hope I could be that brave if I had to...

8. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen

ditto

9. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

Jim.....

I do not have the emotional courage to listen to it.

10. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Do you have to pay to listen to it?

11. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    This is the actual tape. The transcript was released earlier.

It ends with: "I see buildings, we are too low...... Oh my God."

I don't think any occupants of the first two planes realized the destination. FAA towers were telling them to stay calm and thought they would soon be seeing Cuba, or some other destination.

I can't wait to see the new structures installed. We'll never forget.

I don't think I could bear to listen either.

"Let's Roll"

12. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    I've got to go there someday, before and after the buildings are built.

13. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    The war on terrorism unfortunately does not have any clearly defined
    finish line. There will never be a finish line; as long as societies and
    culture in the Middle East "refuse" to modernize.

Those hijackers or whatever they were called are ruthless. Civillian
    men, women, and children have no quarter with them.

14. judge4re

judge4re F1 World Champ

Apr 26, 2003
    Never home
    Full Name:
    Dr. Dumb Ass
    I'm in Tokyo right now and flew here from Atlanta yesterday. One of the stewardesses and I talked about the tape. I thanked her again for the level of professionalism that they provide (even if the food still stinks). She made the comment that that is their job. Let's just hope that we can avoid another episode like this again.

15. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Brings a tear to the eye reading the preview of the recording. re:speedy308

16. Exoticbro

Exoticbro Karting

Nov 1, 2003
    St.Louis, MO
    Full Name:
    Chuck Ligon
    I think of the events of that day and how
    many countless acts of courage were displayed
    by Fireman and everyday americans ALL
    across the country.
    Hopefully it will never be repeated.

17. Edward 96GTS

Edward 96GTS F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    Why is it that some people can't get it thru their thick skulls that there were terrorist training camps in Iraq? AND, Al Qaeda trained there!

18. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen

I don't know.

19. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall

We have them in america too, but here we call the militias or some other P.C. name.

20. JSinNOLA

JSinNOLA F1 World Champ
    Sponsor Lifetime Rossa

Mar 18, 2002
    Denver, CO
    strrreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeettttch

21. Texas Forever

Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Randall, I know that the Navy has changed a lot, but I have to wonder...

May I suggest that this is not the appropriate place to be making cheap shots. What happened on 9/11 effects us all. And while we may differ as to what steps we should take, I think that comments like yours dimishes the bravery of those who died. Imagine that you are in a jet plane, people have been killed, the plane has been hijacked, there is mace in the air. That lady was made of some tough stuff Sailor. We all need to appreciate the sacraifice that she and many others made that horrible day.

DrTax

22. sjmst

sjmst F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 31, 2003
    Long Island, NY
    Full Name:
    Sam
    Well spoken.

23. rudy

rudy Formula Junior

Jan 13, 2004
    Los Angeles California
    Full Name:
    Rudy Hassen
    You're officially an idiot.

24. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall
    Bravery of those who died??? Most of those people were victims, you may not want to admit it though. Calling for help, while being the right thing to do, doesn't make a person brave or a hero.

"the sacraifice that she and many others made that horrible day", Not many people made sacrifices that day. Being a victim of criminals doesn't make you a hero. And while no one wants to admit it, the bravest people that made the biggest sacrifices that day were the 19 hijackers. If you go into a battle and know you will die for your cause, that is heroic and brave. Look at americans that got medals for bravery in WWII and Vietnam, they went out of their way to do something that was extraordinary; something that other may have considered even crazy.

25. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    Randall,

We've had a lot of good debates and even though we often are on opposing sides of the debate I respect most of you opinions.

However, the statement above about the 19 hijackers being brave going into battle is pure horse****!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

What battle???? They ambushed innocent people who had no time, no weapons, and no idea what was about to transpire.

Had they attacked Guantanimo Bay or Pearle Harbor the way the Japanese did I might give your statement some validity but they are nothing more cowards trying to shoot at helpless victims.

That isn't bravery and they weren't on the battlefield. If you want to talk about bravery on the battlefield talk about the Japanese pilots, but don't lump these coward terrorists into a hero category.

The are extremist lunatics who we need to hunt down and kill. Every last one of those bastards.

What they did in those planes was about as heroic as what Muhammed and Malvo did here in DC. Picking off innocent bystanders who can't fight back.

That's not bravery, that extreme cowardice at the highest level.

Look at their leaders compared to ours. While no big fan of President Bush, I do applaud him for going to Iraq. Our leaders drops into their backyard to make a speech while Saddam and Osama were/are hiding f*cking caves and ditches, too scared to shave or take a shower.

And they are not heroes and they sure as hell aren't brave sending other's off to die while the hide in a hole.

And lastly, you and I will never know what transpired in those two towers, the planes or the Pentagon. I am sure there were many people who stayed behind to help only to die because of their efforts.

The security manager at Morgan Stanley in tower 1 personally helped at least 60 people get out and then went back in to help more people get out of the building. He was killed when the first tower fell.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net