Lets say you had a brilliant idea and made a $billion$ on it.... | FerrariChat

Lets say you had a brilliant idea and made a $billion$ on it....

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by jonesn, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. jonesn

jonesn Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    STL-MO
    Full Name:
    Evan "Trouble" Jones
    ...and you also knew of a way that would guarantee a better life for many (millions) other people, but you had to sacrifice most of your money to do it. Would you still do it or spend/save the money for just yourself?

The system you set up is guaranteed to work (theoretically). You could still live a comfortable life, just not a jet-set bling bling fat cat.

2. 96impalaSS

96impalaSS F1 Rookie

Dec 8, 2003
    Hell
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Of course I would. Id set up a Make-A-Wish type Foundation for car nut kid where they could come and drive or ride in Ferraris or whatever kind of cars they liked and meet there favorite drivers and get autographs and stuff. Hell even i would have fun with that. Its a win win situation. (hope thats not to greedy of me. Im jsut investing wisely here)

3. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    At least Arlie the horsefly won't hate you!

DL

4. RacerX_GTO

RacerX_GTO F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 2, 2003
    Oregon
    Full Name:
    Gabe V.
    Hmmm, Amway. I've heard of this MLM before. Then a protestant branch broke off and formed Network International or Network something or another...

- Gabe

:D

5. MarkPDX

MarkPDX F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Apr 21, 2003
    Gulf Coast
  6. jordan747_400

jordan747_400 F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Dec 9, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    Jordan
    I would save the world :) I dont care about being rich. I would like a Ferrari, but have no problem with driving an older, slower model such as a 308 --which is still affordable to people making a modest living with some sacrifaces. But to help millions of people? I can honestly say I would prefer to do that :)

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    Define: Comfortable

8. darth550

darth550 Six Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 14, 2003
    In front of you
    Full Name:
    BCHC
    $400,000/ year, working Wall Street stiff, flying first class.

DL

9. randall

randall Formula 3

Nov 2, 2003
    Portsmouth, VA
    Full Name:
    Randall

Nope. I would help my friends and family and no one else. The population is high enough, idiots continue to breed and I see no reason to help them along financially.

10. androza

androza Karting

Nov 4, 2003
    Amen. I'll have charities and all that jazz, but my idea, my money.

11. tonyh

tonyh F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Dec 23, 2002
    S W London
    Full Name:
    Tony H

Someone's gotta do it, DL!

12. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    I would give most of it up to help those mlns of people (That's if it really gets to them) If you can make a £bln once, you can do it again, it's where the fun lies, in making money.

13. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

I would help friends and family that I knew and no one else.

Everyone else can pay me for my concept/product and I'll make even more money, employ more people and pay more taxes.

14. maranelloman

maranelloman Guest

I could sacrifice most of $1,000,000,000 and still live like a king. No brainer--give the money away.

15. TimN88

TimN88 F1 Veteran

Jun 12, 2001
    Northeast
    Full Name:
    Tim
    thats pretty comfortable.

16. Challenge

Challenge Formula 3

Sep 27, 2002
    PA
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Rich enough to have your own jet. Rich enough not to waste time. 50, 100 million dollars.......a player.........or nothing.

17. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation. It's bull****. You got ninety percent of the American public out there with little or no net worth. I create nothing. I own.

18. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Another favorite :

You think I'm joking. I am not joking. I am a millionaire. It's a weird thing to hear, right? I'll tell you, it's a weird thing to say. I'm a ****ing millionaire. Now guess how old I am? Twenty-seven. You know what that makes me here? A ****ing senior citizen. This firm is entirely comprised of people your age, not mine. Lucky for me, I am very ****ing good at my job or I'd be out of one. You guys are the new blood. You're gonna go home with the kesef. You're the future Big- Swinging-Dicks of this firm. Now you all look money hungry and that's good. Anybody who says money is the root of all evil, doesn't have it! Money can't buy happiness? Look at the ****ing smile on my face. Ear to ear, baby. You wanna hear details? I drive a Ferrari 355 cabriolet. I have a ridiculous house on the South Fork. I've got every toy you can imagine. And best of all, kids, I am liquid.

19. Kds

Kds F1 World Champ

That quote was from "Boiler Room"..............correct ?

20. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    Challenge's quote & my first quote was from Wall Street.

My 2nd quote was indeed delivered by Ben Affleck in Boiler Room. :)

21. Klint

Klint Karting

Dec 7, 2003
    Isle of Man, British Isles
    Full Name:
    Clint
    Boiler Room makes for an interesting movie. One of my favourites along side Rogue Trader.

22. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Even living "just" comfortably would constitute more money than i have no; like Dave said, it's a no-brainer... Why should i keep all the riches myself when i can deploy them and a plan, thus helping millions of people...? What makes me so special that i shouldn't share...?

23. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Nice Slag. Laughed at the monitor as I read them, those movies are all time classics.

24. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry

Gotta love Gekko

25. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    The point is, ladies and gentlemen, greed is good. Greed works, greed is right. Greed clarifies, cuts through, and captures the essence of the evolutionary spirit. Greed, in all its forms, greed for life, money, love, knowledge, has marked the upward surge of mankind -- and greed, mark my words -- will save not only Teldar Paper, but that other malfunctioning corporation called the USA...

Bud: What about hard work?
    Gekko: What about it? You work hard. I'll bet you stayed up all night analyzing that dog **** you bought. And where'd it get you?... My father worked hard too - like an elephant, pushing electrical suipplies. Dropped dead at 49 with a heard attack and a tax bill. The bank pissed on his grave and took the house; my mom ended up working in a dish factory. Wake up pal, if you're not inside, you're outside. And I'm not talking about a $400k a year working Wall Street stiff flying first class and being "comfortable," I'm talking rich pal, rich enough to fly your own jet, rich enough not to waste time, 50 ... 100 million, a player Bud - or nothing.

:D :p

--Dan