Can selling dealer (FSF) perform ppi?? | FerrariChat

Can selling dealer (FSF) perform ppi??

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Thatsmytoy, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    If I want to buy a used 550 from F of San Fran., and they say they are doing an inspection, do I need to get a PPI from on outside source??
    Thanks, Bill

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    Don't you think that there inspection (PPI) would be "somewhat" biased??????????

3. Doody

Doody F1 Veteran

Nov 16, 2001
    MA USA
    Full Name:
    Mr. Doody
    unless you're local to the dealer and they're giving you a nice warranty, i'd get an independent shop to look at it. ask in the nocal section for referrals - lots of guys out that way.

my advice. worth well less than you paid for it :).

doody.

4. Thatsmytoy

Thatsmytoy Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Bill
    I'm asking because I heard they were one of the best dealerships...so i'd like opinions...this is my 1st Fcar
    Thanks,
    Bill

5. zsnnf

zsnnf Formula 3

Sep 11, 2003
    I bought a car from a private party that had his car serviced at a local Fo? dealer. I thought it would be O.K. for them since they knew the car. Nothing could be further from reality. I think they had the sellers interests in mind, even though I was paying for the work. I asked specific questions and got "that's normal" and "We can't find anything wrong with it" answers. After I bought the car, I found out different.

All this being said, get an outside unbiased opinion.

Good luck,
    Enjoy,
    Rick

6. tifosi

tifosi F1 Veteran
    Lifetime Rossa

Sep 5, 2001
    texas
    Full Name:
    Tom D
    normally you should get someone independant from the transaction to do it, furthermore you should avoid the shop that currently services it - ie get someone no involved in the car, that said if you are in a jam and they give you an warranty on the car for items normally covered in a ppi I'd say you should be ok

7. FL 355

FL 355 Formula 3

Nov 3, 2002
    Ft Laud
    Full Name:
    Frank Lipinski
    I bought my car from them and would trust their PPI....

F of SFO is unique because the are the only Ferrari Dealer that is owned by the factory. The management team is more service driven than price driven.

In fact, they did things beyond the PPI that I did not request. I wanted a fresh 30K with belts. The previous owner changed a bad exhaust manifold on the right bank. Since the engine was out during the 30K they changed the other manifold so both sides had new new style manifolds. Had some signs of shrunken dash...I knew about it and did not say anything...yep...they replaced it. I could go on and on...

Any other dealer... I would say "no"...but with them, no problem.

8. J Nicks

J Nicks Karting

Dec 4, 2003
    Factory owned, I have never heard of that. It sounds like they are really good to deal with, Do they sell cars at Factory List?

9. bobafett

bobafett F1 Veteran

Sep 28, 2002
    Bill,

See my response in your NorCal thread. I think that should explain it perfectly.

--Dan

10. Dave Radu

Dave Radu Karting

Nov 20, 2003
    San Jose, Ca
    Full Name:
    Dave Radu
    I agree with FL 355. Being factory owned they are very service orientated. They were a big help to me in the purchase of my car even though I bought it from a private party. The sales dept. gave me tons of info on several cars I was looking at and the service dept. ran the vin# and checked service records with just a phone call. I would not be a bit concerned about them doing a PPI on one of their own. They do a very detailed inspection before they buy a used car.

Just my experience though.
    Dave