Yet another email scam - PLEASE READ | FerrariChat

Yet another email scam - PLEASE READ

Discussion in 'Other Off Topic Forum' started by Agent Smith, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Agent Smith

Agent Smith Formula 3

Apr 20, 2002
    Got to work this morning and found this in my email (I work at a bank) Thought everyone here would appreciate a heads up:

Some consumers are receiving an e-mail that has the appearance of being sent from the FDIC. The e-mail informs the recipient that the Department of Homeland Security Director, Tom Ridge has advised the FDIC to suspend all deposit insurance on the recipient's bank account due to suspected violations of the USA PATRIOT Act. The e-mail further indicates that deposit insurance will be suspended until the consumer’s personal identity and bank account information can be verified.

THIS E-MAIL WAS NOT SENT BY THE FDIC. It is a fraudulent attempt to obtain personal information from consumers. Financial Institutions and consumers should NOT access the link provided in the e-mail and should NOT under any circumstances provide any personal information through this media.

The FDIC and FBI are attempting to identify the source of the e-mails and disrupt the transmission. Until such time, consumers are asked to report any similar attempts to obtain this information to the FDIC by sending information to:

[email protected]

2. carmaster

carmaster Karting

Jan 13, 2004
    Boston/ Portland
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Man you would have to be stupid to actually replay to one of those. I got one that was supposidly from ebay, but it wasn't. It asked for my username and password, but then redirects it to another site that has a close address to ebay's, ebaystatic.com. I sent in a report to ebay about it.