[DFW] Where is everyone? | FerrariChat

[DFW] Where is everyone?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by GrigioGuy, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Just a random thought here....

It seems like we used to have many more people in the DFW active on this board. Where did everyone go? Is the deadening silence here just a winter thing?

What are y'all up to? Anyone planning on picking up a(nother) Fcar this spring? Anyone want to start thinking about a trip to the Dallas Auto Show? Anyone know any decent bicycle-free twisty roads nearby?

Is this thing on? :)

2. GhostRider

GhostRider Formula Junior

Dec 20, 2002
    Tulsa, OK
    Full Name:
    Matt
    Yes, it's a winter thing. The Pantera email list has slowed down drastically too. Most people talking are the California folks!

Plus, everyone SHOULD be getting their cars ready for the Italian car event in College Station in 1 month! There is NO other event like this in this area, and everyone has their choice of what they want to do (car show, track time, dinner, and off-track group drives).

3. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    I've noticed the same thing Tillman. I used to check this area first as it was pretty lively. Lately, nothing.

I think it has to do with the new software! ;)

4. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Being the anal(ytical) person I am, I did a little search.

In the Texas section for October 2003 we had 4 total posts that referenced "DFW" in them.

For January we've had 9 total posts. Most of those have been the DFW event announcements though.

Texas use to be the big boys on the FC regional block, now several other regions have surpassed us in activity, although I don't think our activity is too much less, if any.

5. TigerAce

TigerAce Formula 3

May 29, 2003
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Yoshi Ace
    I wasn't checking this section frequently as I knew I wouldn't be able to participate much due to my injury in October. Now I am cast-free, I should be able to drive my car (although the doctor said to be very careful for driving clutch as the injury is on left foot)

Oh, I also thought some guys are privately doing things, and not posting it here. Come to think, do you guys ever get together for just boy's night out? (not counting thoese events)

Yoshi Ace

6. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Not really, most things are posted here for the get togethers, even the small lunches & stuff. There are several users here that happen to be members of other organizations I'm involved with. I know there are also many that have met through the Ferrari club and have become good friends outside club activities. We're actually responsible for a pretty serious hook up or two. :D (I know both of you are reading. :))

7. 348 spy

348 spy Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2002
    LEWISVILLE
    Full Name:
    JANO
    right here.

8. future328driver

future328driver Formula 3

Dec 10, 2001
    Dallas, Texas
    Full Name:
    Ken Thomas
    I am still breathing, but with my hectic job schedule, I barely have time to spend with my wife, let alone do much FChat stuff. I am trying to make the karting events, but I may be hit-or-miss. I still browse the board, but I have not have much to post recently.

9. TXesprit

TXesprit Formula Junior

Oct 31, 2001
    Southlake
    Full Name:
    Sean
    I know I've spent a little less time on here because my upcoming wedding has put most other things on hold, namely an F-car purchase. Between combining assets and liabilities, with paying for a wedding, the prospect for large purchases in the near future is rather dim. Especially with my fiancee in limbo as far as being granted a work visa.

Other than that, I definitely think the holiday hangover and the weather have kept most people thinking less about their cars.

10. 308geo

308geo F1 Rookie

Nov 13, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Full Name:
    George Benton LaFleur

New site, Rob? FerrariDATE.com???? ;-)

11. jakermc

jakermc Formula 3
    Owner

Jan 17, 2004
    Palm Beach, FL
    Full Name:
    Rob
    It's not my fault it slowed down, I'm new!

I just bought a '98 355 GTS in Rosso Barchetta this past weekend. I am currently waiting for it to have its 30K service done before it is shipped to me. While a Porsche guy at heart, I decided to jump to the dark side and check out the Italians. :)

I look forward to meeting many of you and am particularly interested in any track events. What is the College Station event next month?

Rob

12. rob lay

rob lay Administrator

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Welcome, be sure to sign up for the email list at www.fcadfw.com if you haven't already, no FCA membership required.

Track day is sponsored by Pantera Club and should be a great event. See the other thread on that.

Also check out our local FCA DFW events from the website, we have a good group of people.

13. AnotherDunneDeal

AnotherDunneDeal F1 Veteran

Jun 2, 2003
    N.Richland Hills, Tx
    Full Name:
    James Dunne
    I am still here. Been posting more in "Off topic" and "Racing".