Nero Daytona Stradale | FerrariChat

Nero Daytona Stradale

Discussion in '360/430' started by schackman, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    Hello !

I have a Nero Daytona Stradale:

Red and Black Alcantera Interior

Radio option with navigation

Extingusher

Leather Head liner

Black calipers

Black tint on side windows only

60 miles on odometer

I am looking at getting into one of the silver colors and am looking to sell or trade into a Silver car.

I thought at the time The Daytona Black was it.....I wish I would have gotten the Silver.

Anyway....The car is brand new....sitting in a heated garage w/ cover

Anyone interested in a trade or buy let me know either here or by my [email protected]

Thanks !
    Brian

2. Enzo

Enzo F1 Rookie

Feb 14, 2002
    MinneSOta
    Full Name:
    Pat Pasqualini
    Pictures????

3. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    I can e-mail high - res pictures to all parties interested.

4. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Brian: I am surprised that you do not like the Nero on the Stradale? From the picture's I have seen of the car in black, the car looks "bad as*".

Can your dealer assist you with you getting another car in the color you are looking for??

Good luck... PS I am waiting you my Rosso Scuderia in late March, I hope I like the color for I only have seen it in photos!!

5. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    IMHO in the metal this color looks ORANGE.

6. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Looks orange?? Wow.. I did not think it was orange... the Rosso Scuderia looks like a much brighter red with just a touch of orange.

In photos the Rosso Corsa beside the Scuderia looks almost "blood red". I hope I am not wrong :(

7. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    You have to see this color in person. It's a color that was designed to look like Marlboro red on TV. Red is a very hard color to make look red on TV. Red does not look red on TV. Orange looks red on TV. The same is true of color photo's unless one holds up a color chart next to the car you can't judge. Before you get this color fly somewhere and look at it.
    You may not like it.

8. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario
    Thank-you...

9. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    It's orange. Napolis is right.

I've got several pit crew uniforms from the years when the transition was made.

They went from a blood red to the current color, which, as Napolis has mentioned, I'll call "TV red".

It's not quite AJ Foyt "Coyote Enterprises Orange", but getting close!

10. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, I wouldn't say it is orange... but it is definitely a red-orange... not just a red with a hint of orange. And you'll tend to see more orange in sunlight than in florescents... so keep that in mind.

Some people are very sensitive to the different shades of red... orangish... purplish... pinkish.. and so on. I am. And to me, the typical Stradale order has three *distinct* reds: bright red brake calipers, red-orange paint, and brick red seats. Not pleasing to my eye.

But lots of other people love it... witness that more than half of all Stradales are ordered that way (as best I can tell). And most have seen the color combo before... the car that was touring the US dealerships had that color combo. So they've seen it and like it.

11. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

I agree. I saw one in the flesh at Maranello. It does look very orange.

12. loungedog

loungedog Formula Junior

Nov 6, 2003
    New Market, Ontario

I just called my dealer and he informed me that he has a Stradale in Rosso Scuderia, it just arrived :) I will be going by in the morning to look at it outside to see the color in the sunlight! My salesman feels that this Scuderia is more dynamic than the Rosso Corsa and considering the Stradale is a very dynamic car to begin with, the color suits this car. He still feels the color can be changed if it is required.

By the way he says the car is in stage 20 (without red box???), which means the car is about to go into production :)

THXS

13. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    YES....the color is very Bad ass .... for a bad ass car. But I can just see it being very hard to control the color this summer.

I like to DRIVE all my cars.....and as you know...you either like it or not.

They are trying to help.....we'll see iff they can get one in....??

Silver is more managable for every day to day use.

Once again.....If anyone is interested...drop me a line. The car has never been driven by me. 60 Factory miles

Thanks !! Brian

14. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Yes Rosso Scuderia is def closer to orange than red. Esp in a bright sunny day.. Saw 2 CS in Rosso Scuderia already and well i prefer the Rosso Corsa..

15. Napolis

Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Please post what you think. I agree that it suits the CS but I think you have to see for yourself in the sunlight.

16. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman

I have seen back to back Rossa corsa and Scuderia....There is no similarity.

The Corsa is " Ferrari Red" No doubt

In comparison next to the Corsa you see the difference in the Scuderia.

It is "Marrallboro" Red....or to say a shade of oranage.....A very slick color indeed for the Stradale.

Looks ready to race !!! But if you have ordered without seeing the color in person...it would be a good idea to see it for yourself before hand.

If you are useing Rossa Corsa as a bench for the color...you will be disapointed.

Brian

17. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    seems that 90% of the ferraris i have seen are rosso corsa red. nice color, but very common. in fact, i've owned three ferraris and two of them were rosso corsa. i ordered my stradale to be rosso scuderia. it's a brighter and more exciting color for a stradale. it might not look as good on a 575 or a 612, but it's a great choice for the stradale. it's a special car and it deserves a special shade of red :)

18. 355fiorano

355fiorano Formula Junior

Oct 21, 2003
    London
    Full Name:
    Philip
    Schackman,

I don't get it. Do you must have nerves of steel. You ordered a stradale and you have it in your garage and have not driven it because you don't like the colour? This is the most strange reaction I've ever heard. Judging by the posts of prospective f-car owners (let alone prospective Stradale wners) they act more like new dads in a maternity ward. You must either have some serious machinery in your garage or hardly any pulse ! Also, the Stradale does not strike me as an everyday car ... the std modena would porbaly be more suitable, unless you are a fighter plot or something.

I don't mean to ne rude but I am really curious as to your rationalle.

Philip

19. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    #19 Garretto, Jan 29, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  20. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion

You are still getting 2 right ?

The Rosso Scuderia makes me think of a Red paint that faded after years under the sun..but the important is that you like it !

21. schackman

schackman Formula Junior

Jan 6, 2004
    COLD
    Full Name:
    Schackman
    It is January ..... with -10 deg temps and lots of snow here.....the car cant be driven until at least March...... I am dying to drive it....but come on a little common sense.

As for not having a pulse....... The stable consists of Stg 3 Porsche 911 turbo 600+ Horse Power......Mercedes G55 AMG..... 2002 Lingenfelter 427 Twin Turbo Z06 855 Horse Power.....The Stradale....and a Caddy Escalade... a Harley Road Glide for the days off......

I drive all my cars as they were ment to be driven.........to their max potential......

As an enthusiast who has owned and driven lots of cars....I simply think now, after the Awe has slowed a bit from the car....that a Lighter color would have been a better choice.

If you read my thread......you would know that I'm trying to trade into or purchase a silver car for my Nero Daytona....

Its not the car...as you seem to think....its the color.

Later !

Brian

22. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    Garretto -

This is the coolest post I've seen yet on FChat!!
    I empathize with you -but my situation is worse - I'm on an old Mac laptop with an old IE brower - I couldn't see the damn pictures even if they posted them!!!!!

James

23. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    #23 dan360, Jan 30, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Posted previously, but I do believe that this is a good represenation of Rosso Scuderia. It looks amazing when in sunlight, but out of the sunlight its "lighter orangey-red".
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

24. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro
    Then you need to surf Fchat a lot more. I've seen faaaaar cooler posts than mine :D

There are tons of posts to ROTFLYAO!!! :D

25. Garretto

Garretto F1 Rookie

Sep 3, 2003
    Bilbao, Spain
    Full Name:
    Rodolfo Di Pietro