Concorso Italiano 2004, Monterey | FerrariChat

Concorso Italiano 2004, Monterey

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I'm confused on this one.

I'll be there with my Stradale, but I don't want to put it "in" the event proper as I don't want to be stuck there all day. I plan to get there bright and early, see everything, buy everything, eat lunch, and then take off for a drive along the coastline or through the wine country.

So, I was thinking I'd get into the Corral, for that convenience (I'll want to check it out anyway) and so that I can show off my car. :D However, the literature for the Concorso indicates that the Corral is for non-Italian marques. Is that exclusive? Or are they just trying to encourage all the Italian cars to enter the event proper, but will indeed have areas for Ferraris in the Corral??

Do I need to bring some Ford badges so that I can masquerade as a new Ford Mustang?

Or is there "normal" parking that would make more sense?

2. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Oh, and then there's the Gold Ticket option.
    For $90 extra you can get a Gold Ticket which gets you special parking, special seating, and an Italian pasta lunch. Anyone done that past years? Is it a good choice? (Seems a lot of $$ for little benefit.)

Any other suggestions for best enjoying the Concorso Italiano??

Thanks!

3. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    Brian, off topic, did you finally get your stradale? did you get the titanium?

4. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    No, not yet :mad:... March :(... yes, titanium :D... yes, off-topic ;).

5. titanium360

titanium360 F1 Rookie
    BANNED

Nov 10, 2003
    please tell me with stripes!

6. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Never mind... it must be the latter... I finally spotted in all the literature, this in the small print:

There is an Italian section in the Corral for those who desire to leave earlier than 4:30 p.m.

Well there you have it... I just submitted my application for admission... its definitely the best way get into the event... if you have your car with you.

www.concorso.com

Yes, the 2004 info is finally up. You have until May 31st to sign up at the early-bird Corral rates; if no car, you have until March 15th to buy normal tickets at the early-bird rates.

7. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Sorry, no... I fear that I won't like the fat white stripe on Titanium... I like it on red and love it on black... but I don't like it on silver or yellow. But Titanium is darker than silver, so the stripe might work!

Sooooo, sorry, you'll have to make that decision "blind"... won't get to see mine first! ;) (Have you placed your order yet? If not, get the stripe... ;) I want to see it on Titanium, too!)

8. Mule

Mule F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 25, 2003
    Alaska
    Full Name:
    Mule

http://ferrarichat.com/forum/showthread.php?t=4794&highlight=historics

9. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    I'm flying in from PA to go :D then off to Las Vegas.....