Imola/NGT Racing Street 360... | FerrariChat

Imola/NGT Racing Street 360...

Discussion in '360/430' started by rob lay, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    I know there's another thread on this, but that's more technical with reference to the fuel cooling. I just wanted to talk about these cars.

The first I saw of these was the NGT company advertised in Forza a few issues ago. That picture of the black 360 with front air damn, skirts, rear work, rear spoiler, aftermarket wheels, and more aggressive stance really caught my eye. I know that pic has been posted here a few times, but I can't find it.

This latest issue of Forza looks like to have the same black 360 in the article with the history of the German company Imola Racing. I believe NGT must be a reseller of Imola Racing stuff. Well anyway, the cars looks just like the 360 FIA-NGT cars, which was their goal.

I didn't even know about the 80 extra HP until the article, I just fell in love with the look.

If I had the money for a new 360 I think I would consider these mods. Heck with the FCA concours rules, this would be one gorgeous car for the street and track.

If someone doesn't get to it before me, I'll post the pics after I scan them tonight.

2. enzomoon

enzomoon Guest

Rob:

I agree. A very well done car indeed!!! Although I really find their claim of 80 extra hp hard to believe out of that engine, but regardless it looks wonderful.

3. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  4. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  5. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  6. Ferrari

Ferrari Karting

Nov 2, 2003
  7. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Thank you Ferrari for posting those. Don't shoot me, but I think I would get this over a CS. Even though the value of a CS will hold much better. I think in the long run these will be like the other modified and turboed Ferraris, you have to do it for the love, because the money will end up pennies on the dollar.

8. scuderia47

scuderia47 Karting

Nov 5, 2003
    Mainland
    Full Name:
    Bill
    when it comes to modified ferraris i am very picky with the looks. this is one of the few modded 360s that i have seen that i actually really like the look of. i hate how hamman 360s look. they look like some ricer bought a couple pieces of plastic and arbitrarily put them on the car. but the imola looks awsome!

9. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander
    FWIW, I love it too. If I ever got my hands on an early coupe (99-01) I'd do it. Newer car I'd be more hesitant about; I'd probably take a CS if given the chance for the value/factory warranty issues.

I was a bit hesitant about the N-GT's looks at first, but I think DES/NNO would agree that sometimes you just need time in/around the car for it to grow on you (re:his Breadvan fascination)!

I don't like the Hamann kits either. Taaacky. And this is from an "accidental ricer."

10. Jason W

Jason W Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 31, 2003
    Singapore
    Full Name:
    Jason
    The guy from EVO Sport who posts on Fchat said that Evo was the West Coast dealer for Imola. Not sure if that's true or not.

I was under the impression the NGT was the only importer.

11. FLATOUTRACING

FLATOUTRACING F1 Rookie

Aug 20, 2001
    East Coast
    Full Name:
    Jon K.
    I love that car. Would take it over a CS any minute. While I like the CS in my view it failed at being a street legal Challenge car. It became way too heavy and ended up being more of a performance oriented 360 street car than a spruced up Challenge for the road.

I think the Imola car looks downright awesome, though for most people that wing is going to be way too much (not for me though).

However, I think the engine is too mild for that car. It looks like it ought to have twin turbos on it or something better than just 80 hp over stock.

I would likely get the exterior bits with BBS LM race wheels and then send the car to Norwood for some real engine mods.

Of course when all is said and done I would be left with a 700 hp 360 that would be worth substantially less than what it cost to put together but hey it's only money.......we'll print more!!!!!!

Seriously for those of us that track our cars it looks awesome but I think the general Ferrari buying public will find it a bit too much.

Regards,

Jon P. Kofod
    www.flatoutracing.net

12. ferrarifixer

ferrarifixer F1 Veteran
    BANNED

Jul 22, 2003
    Melbourne
    Full Name:
    Phil Hughes
    Yep, I like it too......but I'm surprised they didn't copy the real N-GT flared front wheel arches and wheel offset......that's the really nice bit about the real N-GT.

13. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    I saw a black Imola 360 at the Ferrari day at the Nürburgring last September. I'll see if I can dig out a photo or two.

It certainly looks aggressive, but when you then see the full leather interior it somehow looked wrong...perhaps a bit like a belly hanging over tight trousers (...never thought I'd describe an Fcar like that :D )

A friend of mine had the picture as his wallpaper on his PC and everyone always commented on it.

See ya
    Simon

14. Simon

Simon Moderator
    Moderator Owner

Aug 29, 2003
    Switzerland
    Full Name:
    Simon
    The picture I promised. This was taken by a friend of mine
    Enjoy,
    Simon

15. twinturbo

twinturbo Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    the front of the car, in this picture only, looks way too big for the car ???

16. benjie

benjie Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    #16 benjie, Feb 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  17. benjie

benjie Rookie

Nov 24, 2003
    #17 benjie, Feb 2, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  18. Victory

Victory Formula Junior

Jan 28, 2004
    I've been an admirer of the N-GT car ever since it first appeared in the advertisement in Forza. Now that they have featured it, I'm even more impressed.

Wonder if I can get that ECU for my Stradale?

19. ryder

ryder Karting

Nov 19, 2003
    another kit, a little over the top for my liking though