TR Service | FerrariChat

TR Service

Discussion in 'Florida' started by John Dillinger, Jan 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Clearwater Florida
    Need to have the service done on my Testarrosa

When the dollar was strong in Quebec, was thinking of transporting the car up north for the service - but now that the $ is in the dirt . . .

Think i want to try to have it service here - any recommendations ?

I heard there was someone reliable in Ocala, but curious for your thoughts.

Thanks in advance

2. Debbie

Debbie Formula Junior

Nov 2, 2003
    Central Florida
    Full Name:
    Debbie
    Where are you located?

3. BartonWorkman

BartonWorkman F1 Veteran
    Sponsor

Nov 3, 2003
    En El 305
    Full Name:
    Barton Workman
    Try Steve Claassen's Tropical Sports Car Center in Ft. Lauderdale.

954-467-2142.

BHW

4. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Clearwater Florida
    sry i didnt mention that debbie - im in Clearwater

5. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    Cavallino Repair in Ocala (not related).

I heard he retired but then I heared he is still in biz. Give it a try. I have his number somewhere from old receipts but not handy. Call information.

You can also bring the car south to Luciano in Sarasota.
    Very good guys.

6. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Clearwater Florida
    Did you have work done there ?

7. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    John, get the TR serviced in Jupiter. Call David Castelhano at 561-758-1146.
    Mention my name. I have known him for several years. Good work, fair pricing. Feel free to call me direct at 561-277-1206.

8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Cavallino Automobili (in Ocala) did the major service on my TR a little over a year ago (for the previous owner), plus most of the general maintenance items as well over the last few years. Did a fabulous job too, I might add.

Here's a link to their info: http://www.yellowpages-ads.com/00919195

Another option is Omega Motorsports in Jacksonville (Steve is the owner) at 904-721-2022. They service many of the F-cars in town (including Dr. Moon's cars -- fellow F-Chatter).

I've personally never visited, nor spoken to, Cavallino Automobili -- so can't comment on their facilities, etc. Just can vouch for the fact that they serviced the TR very well.

I've visited Omega and spoken with Steve back in Nov. '01, shortly after purchasing the 308 -- and was referred there by the local dealer who sold me the car. At the time, Omega's facility was rather small (couple of bays), but they did have a 360 Challenge car in one of them for service. I heard recently, however, that they were in the process of building a much larger independent facility with indoor storage of vehicles, showroom, etc. Perhaps Dr. Moon can elaborate further on this.

Until recently, I was using an independent in the Orlando / Longwood area by the name of European Sports Car Service (referred there by fellow F-Chatter). They provided impeccable service on the 308 (including a major), and were wonderful people as well. Unfortunately, they recently retired after 30 some odd years, and sold the business. The current owner is more specialized in Land Rover, so I don't know if they still service Italian exotics or not.

There's Ultimate Motors just around the corner in Longwood; and, at my last visit, they did say they serviced F-cars...but I've never persued them any further. Ultimate mentioned that they were planning to open another dealership location in the Jacksonville area in the near future with anticipated increase in sales with the new Gallardo, etc. We'll see, I guess.

Other than the Ferrari dealership in Orlando, most of the independents are in Southeast and Southwest FL -- which is a bummer for us "North FL" owners.

Hope this helps...

9. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Clearwater Florida
    sorry but im a little confused, you had the TR serviced there , but never see the place ?

10. paulie_b

paulie_b F1 Veteran
    Consultant Owner

Jan 13, 2003
    Jupiter, FL
    Full Name:
    Paul Bianco
    I think he said the previous owner had it done there.

11. Cavallino Motors

Cavallino Motors F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

May 31, 2001
    Florida or Argentina
    Full Name:
    Martin W.
    John,
    the TR from Eric came through me. The owner of the TR was living in Inverness FL close to Ocala. He(that owner) had the car serviced there. I never did business with the guy but heard some good things.

May want to give him a try since he is closest or see Luciano in Sarasota.

12. John Dillinger

John Dillinger Karting

Nov 13, 2003
    Clearwater Florida
    thanks guys

ill let you know how it turns out