Thanks, Jim...! | FerrariChat

Thanks, Jim...!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by 134282, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    So i get home late last night and as i open the first door, something falls over onto my feet...

i look down and - what's this...? A FedEx package...?

Hmmmmm... Who's it from...?

Jim.

i rush inside, toss my keys, my coat and start cursing at my impatience to get open while i try and find out HOW.

Finally, i pull the little string thingie and, below the little styrofoam pop corn packing things is a note and 4 NNOs - Actually, to put it how Jim put it - NNNNOs, which i thought was very clever...

Thanks, a lot, Jim, i really appreciate it...! Your letter's up on my wall along with a bunch of other stuff people have sent me... These will be added to my 1:64 NNO Registry... The one on the wall will be noted that you helped contribute to the registry. Thanks again. :)

2. jimpo1

jimpo1 Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jul 30, 2001
    Dallas, TX
    Full Name:
    Jim E
    We need lives, huh?

3. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    LOL, we have lives...! So what if they're obsessively focused around Ferraris...? :)

4. SefacHotRodder

SefacHotRodder F1 World Champ

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    if you don't have any hot wheels cars from the past few years, let me know, i bought tons of em. They are not packaged but you can have them for nothing if you would like. I have TONS

5. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I will insert the obligatory funny Allan comment now:

"And that's as close as he'll ever come to owning an NNNNNNNNNNNNNNO"

lol

Carbonfiber, come on man can you go back to calling it an Enzo please? Why or how you came up with this nonsense is irrelevant, if Montezemolo calls it and Enzo, shouldn't you? :)

PS - Speaking of hotwheels, my buddy just got his lexan 1:10th scale Enzo body for his nitro R/C car, and it's hilarious. To see that thing whipping down the street at full wail is comedy!

6. Spasso

Spasso F1 World Champ

Feb 16, 2003
    Land of Slugs & Moss
    Full Name:
    Han Solo
    Do you have any 308's? I would love to have a few to give to kids this summer. Should probably order some eventually.
    DJ

7. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If I hear that you were crushed and killed by a giant pile of toy cars... I may smile. And think what a good way to go. :}

8. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil
    If NNO thinks it looks bad, he should see one in person. His mind will change. I think it look crappy in mags but in video it looks very nice indeed. In person it must look fab u lus!

9. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Maaco - give it a rest dude. If it bugs you - put him on your ignore list. That way you dont get irritated and we dont have to read about you getting irritated.

10. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    BTW - Very nice gesture Jim!

11. Chiaro_Slag

Chiaro_Slag F1 Veteran

Oct 31, 2003
    CA
    Full Name:
    Jerry
    I agree - The last thing we need is an Allan wannabe.

Very nice Jim - Enjoy NNO - How many do you have now?

12. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    I always love the Maaco reference rodsky, it's much funnier than what these other hacks have tried to do to my handle for a diss. No creativity.

Like calling the Gallardo the "Gaylardo". Just not funny. I'd go with "Gallarda$$" personally. Now that would be funny and it would play on people's dislike of its rear-end.

13. rodsky

rodsky Formula 3

Mar 24, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Gallarda$$ - Now that is funny Maaco :)

14. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    If i think what looks bad...? Certainly not the NNO... It's my favorite car...!

Mako, no, NNO stays... It's me being creative, just as i was with DES when DES was my user name... Why don't you use it to your advantage and whenever you see it, just say, "That's right, Carbon, you have (N)NO Ferrari... That would be funny; clever, too...

Thanks, Rodsky... and yes, Jim gesture was very nice...

Hey, K5mcl, i'm interested in what you have as well...

Jerry, i'm not sure how many i have no... Some come, some go... i'll have to count them... It's still probably around 80-100... i haven't bought any in a while...

15. 62 250 GTO

62 250 GTO F1 Veteran

Jan 9, 2004
    Nova Scotia Canada
    Full Name:
    Neil

16. Mako99

Mako99 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Dec 29, 2003
    Holy **** that actually was funny. Hell is freezing over, I FEEL ALL COLD.

17. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy

18. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    well my dad kept all his toy cars, they are in bad condition but overall i have about 7 boxes (decent sized) of toy cars :D

19. 134282

BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Sounds awesome... You should take pictures and post them in the Collectibles section; i'd love to see them all...

20. SefacHotRodder

Dec 20, 2003
    NJ
    Full Name:
    Chris
    well, his aren't in good condition, they were kept in boxes loose. Many don't even have paint left, but i will take pix tomorrow and post em up. I'll also take pix of the hot wheels, if you see any you like, you can have them.