348 Question | FerrariChat

348 Question

Discussion in '348/355' started by Jim Riggs, Jan 29, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004
    I am considering two 348's. One, a California car, is a TS and has 35,000 mile but has had all the scheduled maintainance including the 30,000 mile service. The other car (TB) is from Texas originally and it has 5600 miles and it has had a 10,000 mile service, but it does not appear to have been serviced on the regular schedule (change all fluids each year, 30,000 service every 5 years, etc). It would seem a no-brainer to go for the low mileage car since both will cost about the same, but I wonder if the low-mileage 348 has been damaged by its lack of use. Any opinions on this. Thanks!

2. JSL

JSL Formula 3

Jan 5, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    J.S. Leonard
    Jim: Check your private messages.
    Thanks,
    Scott

3. Bmyth-FDC

Bmyth-FDC F1 Rookie

Oct 4, 2002
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Byron

Jim,
    Contrary to popular belief, the "no-brainer" may not be to go for the 5600 mile car. IMO, all of the F-Cars get better after being driven... due to the hand-built nature of these cars...

With all things beng equal, I might consider going for the 35k car that has had the proper service campaigns done.

What years are the tb and the ts? There were a number of updates made to these cars... and lots more to consider than just mileage.

Byron

4. Jim Riggs

Jim Riggs Karting

Jan 25, 2004

5. goyal99

goyal99 Karting

Mar 5, 2002
    Upstate NY - USA
    Full Name:
    V K
    I agree with Byron's comments....

It's hard to believe that a 10+ year-old 348 has never has a cam-belt change, low mileage or not.....Find out about that....Get a PPI if you can...Good luck

VK

6. sranderson

sranderson Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Full Name:
    SRA
    Jim,

Check your messages

SRAnderson

7. rkrenek

rkrenek Formula Junior

Aug 26, 2003
    Plano, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob
    I personally like the low mileage cars because they generally have less wear & tear. My 348 had 2200 miles on it when I bought it last year and it has performed flawlessly (knock on wood).
    This particular car had been stored in a climate controlled dehumified environment for much of its life. When I bought it, all of the rubber was in great shape including the original tires (minus the flat spot).

Regards,
    Rob.