02 Ferrari 360/ Immobilizer issue and no pin | FerrariChat

02 Ferrari 360/ Immobilizer issue and no pin

Discussion in 'Technical Q&A' started by structuredsolutions13, Oct 12, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. structuredsolutions13

Oct 12, 2021
    Full Name:
    Jacob Yost
    Hello,

First time post here, having some troubles with a 2002 Ferrari 360 Spider i recently purchased private party. The vehicle cranks, but does not fire. Brand new battery installed, seems to be an immobilizer issue. However I do not have the four digit pin for the vehicle and only purchased with one black key fob! I know it is an extremely common issue with these vehicles, any advise would be greatly appreciated

Vin #ZFFYT53B000128522

2. Qavion

Qavion F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 20, 2015
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Ian Riddell
    Are you in the USA? FChat member @gobble should be able to extract the old pin and supply you with extra fobs. However, forum rules won't allow you to PM (create a conversation with) him unless you post a few more messages. He may be listening though.

Could be an immobiliser issue. There seems to be a variation in behaviour between cars. Some 360's do allow cranking with the immobiliser active. Can you ask the previous owner what the car did? Are the doorlocks and the alarm LED on the dash behaving normally when you use the fob?

https://www.ferrarichat.com/forum/threads/engine-turns-wont-start.474367/

There has been a case where a USB OBD2 reader has caused no start.

Perhaps Gobble can tell you which cars or Immobiliser ECUs allow cranking. The wiring diagrams show a wire going to the F1 TCU from the Immobiliser ECU. The F1 TCU then has the final decision on whether the engine cranks or not. The Immobiliser also sends a signal to the RH Engine ECU (for firing).

Of course, there are other reasons why the engine won't fire.

3. yelcab

yelcab F1 World Champ
    Consultant

Nov 29, 2001
    San Carlos, CA
    Full Name:
    Mitchell Le
    There are many reasons why the car cranks but does not fire, only one is related to the Immobilizer.