0202 A – Bought on Ebay - Long Lost Even-Numbered Comp Ferrari Found | Page 13 | FerrariChat

0202 A – Bought on Ebay - Long Lost Even-Numbered Comp Ferrari Found

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Marcel Massini, Jul 13, 2006.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller
    #301 dretceterini, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008

Put it this way; IMO there are still a lot of questions about 01C/010I. Classiche certified the car. I have contacted them, asking on what basis they certified it. No response.

2. dretceterini

dretceterini F1 Veteran

Apr 28, 2004
    Etceterini Land
    Full Name:
    Dr.Stuart Schaller

Was I that obvious?

3. f308jack

f308jack F1 Rookie

Jun 7, 2007
    Cape Town, South Afr
    Full Name:
    Jack Verschuur
    No disrespect, but asking them to clarify as to the certification of that particular chassis, with the doubts surrounding it may come accross more like an interrogation than a question. Proving them wrong would certainly put a royal amount of egg on their faces.

Surely getting the history of 0202 A together is on an alltogether different plane. Besides, I bet that this list is also closely followed by them, as there is an immense amount of information available with relatively little effort for the reader (not to detract from the efforts of those who gather and make that info available)

4. T308

T308 Formula 3

May 12, 2004
    Southern Cal
    #304 T308, Sep 15, 2008
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2008
    If Tom had gotten to Classiche first with a pile of Euros he could have had 0202A certified as the first car. 2:02am was the time of day the car was finished. I'm sure a "1" can be found under a lead plug somewhere on the car....

5. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    As Sir Ian McKellen said in "The Da Vinci Code"

Don't trust the French

6. tongascrew

tongascrew F1 Rookie

Jan 3, 2006
    tewksbury
    Full Name:
    george burgess
    Yes and I liked it. We need things on a lighter note sometimes. just one man's opinion tongascrew

7. mjw599

mjw599 Formula Junior
    BANNED

Jul 30, 2008
    A Chinese Democracy
    Did Roland just disappear or was this a hit and run?

8. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
    #308 shaughnessy, Oct 15, 2008
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2008
    Mr Prunet thru the alias, Tom Roland chose to discontinue the dialog, best I can tell.

9. MiamiViceFerrari

BANNED

Oct 7, 2008
    Miami/Chicago/NYC
    Wow great find! A needle in a haystack!

10. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Please.

11. C'one

C'one Karting

Sep 27, 2004
    France
    Well done sir!
    Maybe the engine's owner would consider a swap (one engine for another)it seems to be an eloborate paperweight atm.

Guirbhe mille maith aguit!

12. dmaxx3500

dmaxx3500 Formula 3

Jul 19, 2008
    does anybody know how this car ended up in frankfort il.,could this car have been raced at a place called ''medowdale raceway'' just north oh elgin il.,one of the early ''gran sport'' corvettes was bought by a chevy new car dealer in elgin and raced at this track back in 63-64',, i remember reading about teams came from euorpe and all over to race there,,

13. johnei

johnei Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 22, 2006
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    John Wiley
    No idea if there is a connection to that track but there is a website for it

http://meadowdaleraceway.homestead.com/

I went for a hike out there a couple years ago and it was interesting to see how much parts of it had returned to nature.

14. tazandjan

tazandjan Three Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Jul 19, 2008
    Clarksville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    Terry H Phillips
    Great story, unbelievable find and my money is on Tom and Marcel that the car will be perfect and perfectly documented upon completion.

Taz
    Terry Phillips

15. Il Vecchio

Il Vecchio F1 Rookie

Dec 27, 2007
    Near Pasadena, CA
    Full Name:
    Peter B.
    Woke up, checked what my DVR had recorded, and on Carini's show was a visit to Mr. Shaughnessy's place with a viewing of 0202A and the man himself retelling the discovery via Ebay. Neat to see.

Speaking of which, any updates- parts acquisition, restoration, etc.?

Thanks.

16. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Not to be a wet blanket on an incredible find,......but how can the car ever be anything but a modern REBODY on an original old chassis, which is the same kind of thing that Marcel reminds everybody of,....like in the current Drogo thread:

Won't a rebuild of 0202A just be a modern rebody with "NO relation whatsoever to genuine old FERRARI bodies" with the exception of physical appearance???

17. Cris Bertschi

Cris Bertschi Formula Junior

Mar 3, 2005
    Buenos Aires
    Full Name:
    Cristián Bertschi
    Hi Horsefly,

There is a big difference between rebodying a car with no relation at all with an original body, and rebodying a car to look like it once was.

I would like to know to whom am I replying.
    Your name is?

Kind regards.
    Cris Bertschi.-

18. VIZSLA

VIZSLA Four Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Jan 11, 2008
    Sarasota
    Full Name:
    David
    Its one thing to scrap a restorable body another to replace a lost one. IMO in this case a rebody is far better than losing the car forever.

19. Horsefly

Horsefly F1 Veteran

May 14, 2002
    Obviously better than "losing the car forever",...but in the world of valuable original Ferraris, won't this version of 0202A have an asterix forever by it's serial number because of the modern rebody?

Consider this car: http://www.tinmantech.com/html/ferrari.php

A modern rebody of 0202A won't be any better or worse than the "ice racer",....will it?

20. ArtS

ArtS F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 11, 2003
    Central NJ
    Arlie,

Simple answer; use the body which the car had for most of its racing history ;)

Regards,

Art S.

21. Ferraripilot

Ferraripilot F1 World Champ
    Owner Project Master

May 10, 2006
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    John!
    Marcel, any updates regarding this chassis? Is the engine in the process of being built yet? Has the bodywork begun? Is this supposed to be a well-kept secret until it nears completion? I am sure the community would love to know what is able to be released to the public regarding this treasure.

thanks!

22. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    A bit more patience, please!
    Marcel Massini

23. shaughnessy

shaughnessy Formula 3

Apr 1, 2004
    Wolfeboro NH
    Full Name:
    Thomas E Shaughnessy
  24. brownsgolf

brownsgolf Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2007
    Western PA
    Full Name:
    Dan
    Just finished watching this episode as well. I am hoping to see the future of this car emerge in this thread as time goes on.

25. djblu

djblu Formula Junior

Jul 7, 2007
    philthy
    Full Name:
    sean-michael
    hahah i have made my wife sit thru that like 3 times already. i love how it just popped into the middle of the show and the trek up the drive with ferrari bodies and misc parts strewn around is simply mouth watering.