#03416 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by bluekawala, Aug 21, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bluekawala

bluekawala Formula Junior

Jan 22, 2004
    Ormond Beach, FL
    I've seen this chassis numberon a 246 GT Dino and the chassis number matches the engine and the car looks fine. However, barchetta.cc now only allows paying members to look at the serial number cars I can't find any more about this particular vehicle. Thanks to anyone who can point me in the right direction.

By the way, the site is www.classicdriver.com under ferrari's and 246 dino's. Its a nice looking silver car for about 16,000 pounds, but its in Indonesia. Maybe the exotic car market is different there, anyways thanks to anyone who can help me in deciding if this car might be worth 25,000ish US.

It's good to be back on the site after the long summer without internet access, I guess there is a positive to college after all. I knew all the ferrari chatters where wondering where I was. :)

joe

2. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Forget barchetta.cc and go to Denny Schue's excellent www.dinoregister.com and type the chassis number into the search field!

Best wishes, Kare

3. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    no disrespect, but given all the scams originating from there, you would be nuts to try to buy it or anything else from there, unless you can fly there on a private jet and see it in person. shame ya cant fit a car in a Gulfstream!!

4. Boxer 512

Boxer 512 Formula Junior
    BANNED

May 5, 2004
    London, UK
    Full Name:
    Seb King
    Mike,

Can you elaborate about the scams ? - I am not familiar with what has happened in the past and often have a look there for the next potential purchase ?

PM if your not comfortable posting publicly ?

Thanks & Regards,

Seb

5. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    i dont know anything about the people there in indonesia , maybe there are some nice folks there, BUT! there have been many many scams for cars, vintage guitars and various antiques. they dont have the object and they want a deposit, or the have the object and its damaged / stolen or not as advertised ect. you will see lots of stuff on ebay with warnings stating they will not accept bids from that country. just trying to help.

6. MarkCollins

MarkCollins F1 Rookie
    Owner

Jul 2, 2002
    South England
    Full Name:
    Mark Collins
    I think I'd be asking why it's only £16k when most of the others are between £40k and £60k?

7. wax

wax Five Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Jul 20, 2003
    SFPD
    Full Name:
    Dirty Harry
    No detailed info on any individual 246 Dino's at barchetta.

206, yes - but not 246.
    ___

Indonesia + ebay = RUN³

8. dm_n_stuff

dm_n_stuff Four Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

This car has been on and off of EBAY a couple of times.

I've also seen it somewhere else online.

I emailed the guy when it was on Ebay selling for about $35K, wondering what was wrong with the car, got no reply.

This is a scam for sure. He gets 10% from you, just like the three folks before you who "bought" the car.

Madison Heights, Michigan was it's last home, according to the Dino Registry.

Ask for photos of the car, with a copy of this month's car and driver on the hood. Ain't gonna happen.

Buy local, pay what you should.

"If it looks too good to be true, it is!"