04022 Euro GT | FerrariChat

04022 Euro GT

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Sep 8, 2021.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I started taking #04022 apart for another full restoration. It has sat in Indiana for the past 15 years in a garage after the owner passed. Still in it's original color of Blu Scuro with tan vinyl interior. I haven't decided on the color yet but leaning towards Azzurro Metallizatto with Cuoio interior. The other option is keeping it the same Blu Scuro with tan. It is factory wired for AC and power windows but has neither.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. Lemacc

Lemacc Formula 3
    BANNED

Mar 16, 2008
    Germany
    go to original spec, that looks fabulous.

NYC Fred, 500tr and Ira Schwartz like this.
  3. barchetta

barchetta Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 5, 2003
    Another vote for keeping the original colors.

MarioJJ2, 87testa, 375+ and 3 others like this.
  4. cnpapa24

cnpapa24 F1 Rookie

Jan 19, 2014
    NOLA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Agree. Might be the best spec possible.

500tr likes this.
  5. tx246

tx246 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 4, 2003
    Texas
    Full Name:
    Shawn
    Jon opened his shop to let us take a look. I am happy to see this Dino come back to life, regardless of color.

It doesn’t seem as easy to find restoration Dino’s anymore, so threads like this won’t last for long.

Shawn
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

6. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Now that 01336 is off to the paint shop I resumed getting 04022 taken apart, off to media blast and now metal work. I thought judging from the outside after blasting I would see lots of damage and rust. To my surprise there was very little previous damage and not much rust. Onward and forward!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

readplays likes this.
  7. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I see that is a "B" block. I wonder if there are any differences between that and a "D" block or if that is just a batch production run letter.

8. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  9. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Ready to go to body and paint. I decided to go with original specs of Blu Scuro with tan interior and rust carpeting. The only change is daytona seats. Will be done by the end of the year. I'll probably go with campagnolo wheels as I love the look of non flared cars with the little wider wheels!! The motor block, heads, crank, etc are at the machinist. All the powdercoating is done and all the hardware is at the plater for yellow cad, clear cad and black oxide. Will be all done by the end of the year or before.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

10. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Exciting!!!

11. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    readplays and JCR like this.
  12. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    readplays, Martyt and JCR like this.
  13. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    With the body at the paint and my parts back from chrome, plating, powdercoat etc I can now start putting things together. My favorite part as everything is so clean!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

readplays likes this.
  14. Sergio Tavares

Sergio Tavares Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2018
    Full Name:
    Sergio Tavares
    Yes this is the indication that the Dino is the special "missing link" between Handmade style and production assembly style.
    Ferrari start to make one wire bundle that fit every car and used everywhere for all options or not.
    This style is superior because supplier only makes one part and not 3-4 different wire bundle types. Cost is lower, production sttyle is easier, labor can be dumber
    All from production style.

You have found evidence, respecto

readplays likes this.
  15. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
  16. 2GT

2GT Formula 3

Aug 25, 2008
    Western NY
    Full Name:
    Fred
  17. 4CamGT

4CamGT F1 Rookie

Jun 23, 2004
    Southern California
    Sergio Tavares likes this.
  18. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    I try to get it of the rotisserie as soon as possible as it much easier to reassemble on the lift. So I get the fiberglass tub back in and glue in 1" think high density closed cell foam between the fiberglass and floorpan to cut noise. Ferrari had nothing in between and used tar paper on the top of the fiberglass. So yes this is an improvement that is not visible. I also replaced the fiberglass bottom with aluminum. Hopefully I won't get a nasty email over this. They switched from fiberglass to aluminum sometime during the 72 production. So now it's on the lift and I can start reassemble. I usually start in the front where most of the work is and work towards the rear.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

readplays, DinoLasse and JCR like this.
  19. ENZOSON

ENZOSON Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 3, 2004
    Erie, Colorado
    Full Name:
    PIETRO
    Simply stunning Jon
    Cheers
    Pietro 01296

readplays likes this.
  20. mar3kl

mar3kl Formula Junior

Nov 17, 2011
    Silicon Valley
    Full Name:
    Mark
    What do you use to securely attach the small inspection covers to the under tray - something like rivnuts and machine screws?

readplays likes this.
  21. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 13, 2005
    Spicewood, Texas
    Full Name:
    Jon Gunderson
    Yes. Rivnuts 4MM