Sold - 06 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa / Tan | Page 3 | FerrariChat

Sold 06 F430 Spider Rosso Corsa / Tan

Discussion in 'Ferraris' started by jag-oo-r, Jan 18, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. zone1

zone1 Rookie

Feb 9, 2018
    SF Bay
    The person selling it also said the car has a leak, apparently from the AC system

2. HtownFcar

HtownFcar Rookie

Dec 4, 2020
    Houston,TX
    Full Name:
    CCO
    Karma’s a *****

3. Husker

Husker F1 World Champ

Dec 31, 2003
    western hemisphere
    wonder how it would fare with a ppi? If that’s all that’s wrong, why doesn’t he fix it?

4. realfunnyeric

realfunnyeric Rookie

Apr 23, 2022
    Full Name:
    Eric
    @jag-oo-r I hope you don't hold it against me, but I'm considering picking up your old car from the flipper. Would you mind answering a few questions for me?

jag-oo-r likes this.
  5. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I'm sorry I didn't see this sooner. I'd have been very happy you answer questions.
    I haven't frequented the site much, 'cuz it was breaking my heart, hehe. But I'm pretty close to being back in the market for a California T or maybe a Roma, so I jumped in and saw this.

Did you end up buying it?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk

6. Marty Cruze

Marty Cruze Rookie

Jun 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Cruze
    Hey Jag do you still have your F430 for sale. I'll be interested to check it out. I Live in Canada but can arrange a visit.

7. Simeon

Simeon Rookie

Oct 21, 2020
    Chicago
    Full Name:
    Simeon Iliev
    Nope.. it was sold overnight after he listed it.

8. mkraft3003

mkraft3003 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 20, 2016
    Tampa, Fl
    Any chance you read the entire thread? Take a look at Post 11 and 23!

9. Marty Cruze

Marty Cruze Rookie

Jun 7, 2022
    Full Name:
    Marty Cruze
    Thank you for the update

10. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Of all the cars I've owned and sold, (78, at least count! ) this is the one I regret selling more than any of the others.

Thus, I'm on a mission to find it, in hopes of perhaps buying it back.

Yes, I realize I sold too cheap, and I'll lose $$ reacquiring it. Lol.

If any of you are aware of its whereabouts, I'd appreciate a heads-up.

11. Kent Adams

Kent Adams Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 11, 2020
    Dan, I sold mine to NG Supercars. It's practically the same spec as yours excepted its a gated conversion. It's got the tan daytona's with nero inserts just like your previous car. It's a 2007. Car only has 15k miles and its in perfect condition and comes with all the accessories. If you can't find yours, I highly recommend mine. Its not for sale yet, but I'm sure they'd sell it to you before it even hits their lot.

12. PrancingMoose

PrancingMoose Rookie

Apr 30, 2022
    Kalispell
    Full Name:
    Jenny Nygren
    Hello,

I have the car now, located in NW Montana. Bought it as an investment as money in the bank isn’t the best right now

Image Unavailable, Please Login

armedferret likes this.
  13. PrancingMoose

PrancingMoose Rookie

Apr 30, 2022
    Kalispell
    Full Name:
    Jenny Nygren
  14. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    Yeah, their prices are all over the map I noticed, even in the current market.
    I am surprised that a 53+K car is at a $90K value though. Does it not drop anymore after $90 even if it has that many miles? I often wonder...

15. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    You look like you're enjoying it. Glad for that!
    But let me plant a seed: a 53k mile Ferrari is the wrong one to look at as an "investment".
    Surely you'd be happier selling it back to me, and buying Kent's gated car. Same spec except 3 pedals, with 14k miles. Now THAT'S an investment car!

16. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    Wait..... I have another idea! Mull on this!

I have a very nice 2013 maserati gran turismo, cabriolet (convertible) MC Stradale. That's a relatively low- production car. (Far fewer units than the F430 Spider, certainly)
    Trade, plus cash.
    I'll even drive it to you (I'm just a few hours down I15)

C'mon.... stew on it.

armedferret likes this.
  17. armedferret

armedferret Formula 3

Mar 24, 2018
    Maryland
    Full Name:
    Mark
    I suppose ultimately it's really "only" worth what a buyer is willing to pay for it, but as long as it's been looked after (obviously the case with the one in question here) it really seems the 90-100ish is the bottom of the curve, more or less. I've certainly seen cheaper examples (and I'm sure others here have as well) but they often have either massively deferred maintenance or have been rode hard and put up wet as the saying goes.

There will always be market fluctuation year-to-year of course. But I can't imagine (barring catastrophic damage) a car that's been looked after plummeting in value simply because of mileage alone.

18. TommyTheV

TommyTheV Karting

Sep 17, 2022
    San Diego, CA
    Full Name:
    Tommy T.
    You are definitely on point Mark. I haven't seen anything less than $90 that is well-taken care of in the high 40's low 50's range. To be fair I haven't seen any in the 60s listed so have no basis for comparison. What I have seen is once it leaves the original seller who knows where the car went or how it was handled? I've experienced first hand from a car I was about to get in FL that came from CA only 1,500 miles ago. The car got tracked and heavily neglected. Even the original owner was surprised at how mishandled it was after 1 year of him selling it, and that is only based on the cosmetics...

One would have to wonder if it's worth buying back because the car has to be very unique in terms of color or customization or some life-changing event that happened while owning that car

jag-oo-r and armedferret like this.
  19. PrancingMoose

PrancingMoose Rookie

Apr 30, 2022
    Kalispell
    Full Name:
    Jenny Nygren

That’s correct. I learned a long time ago it’s a better investment owning the cheapest house in the neighborhood than the most expensive, especially if taken care of. If low mileage/high dollar F430’s gates or not go up in value all others will follow often at a higher percentage per price bought.
    I would also own a well maintained high mileage/reliable car over a low mileage garage queen that has issues. As the previous owner knows you would be hard pressed to find a nicer example of F430 regardless of miles. Also, these cars have already proven themselves for well over 100k miles, so who cares. I’m not one to overpay 30-50k for 20k less miles for the same car that’s probably not as nice. As these cars continue rack up miles people will be less cautious…IMOP.

I have no intention of selling the car…but anything is for sale, not interested in trades

jag-oo-r and armedferret like this.
  20. jag-oo-r

jag-oo-r Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

May 27, 2015
    I'm hearing ya.... loud and clear.

If anything changes, call me first! Lol.
    In the meantime.... I'm looking at another one online that has me salivating....