0627 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by maserich, Jan 5, 2010.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. david grace

david grace Rookie

Feb 9, 2020
    Full Name:
    david grace cruz
    I have revived an old and interesting post that was forgotten by all
    well done david grace

2. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    0627 can't be seen as a Speciale if it didn't leave the factory that way.
    Not unlike 2819 GT, the infamous Breadvan, 0627 is a special case in that the work was done in period by recognized partner/collaborators of Ferrari.
    The value should be unique to this car- more than a Boano, less than a 'real' Cal Spyder.
    Like the Breadvan, it's an unique historical object and I believe it would be a huge mistake not to leave it the way it is.

375+ likes this.
  3. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    If it was actually rebodied by Scaglietti, I don't think 0627 would qualify as a car of Historical Interest, as the Breadvan does, to merit a Classiche White Book.

4. readplays

readplays Formula 3

Aug 22, 2008
    New York City
    Full Name:
    Dave Powers
    I was speaking more broadly in the sense that it should be recognized for its uniqueness in the Ferrari history timeline.
    I hope 0627 never has an owner who would rebody her (and destroy all that history) just for the sake of a very expensive book.

5. TTR

TTR F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 29, 2007
    Riverside, CA
    Full Name:
    Timo
    No worries Dave.
    While my interest wouldn't be doing it "for the sake of a book", chances of something like 0627 and all other necessary components required for appropriate(?) reconfiguration back to OEM specs coming to my ownership are far below minimal... :rolleyes:

... but rest assured, should an opportunity present itself, there are approaches where destruction of "all that history" is not necessarily given.
    In fact, probably vast majority of it could be preserved and with careful planning/preparations even reversed, should some other future owner desire to do so.

readplays likes this.
  6. colombo2cam

colombo2cam Formula Junior

Jan 31, 2019
    Full Name:
    Ted
    was there any back story as to why this was done in period? from simply a financial standpoint it doesn't seem like there would have been that much difference in just getting a new one.

7. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    Cars crash and sometimes need to have their body fixed.

Marcel Massini

MarkL, 375+ and readplays like this.
  8. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    readplays likes this.
  9. Marcel Massini

Marcel Massini Two Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary

Mar 2, 2005
    readplays likes this.
  10. kare

kare F1 Rookie
    Consultant

Nov 11, 2003
    Heh, no way.

($#@&*$# I hate the renewed site design!)

11. miurasv

miurasv F1 World Champ

Nov 19, 2008
    Cardiff, UK
    Full Name:
    Steven Robertson
    #36 miurasv, Apr 30, 2020
    Last edited: Apr 30, 2020
    0829GT.

If
    , as claimed and stated, the work was done by both Ferrari and Scaglietti in repairing 250 GT PF Cab S1 0829GT to a California Spyder SWB body with Dunlop disc brakes, retaining the Long Wheelbase chassis of the PF Cab S1, then it would be eligible to be attested for a Classiche Red Book.

The body has both LWB and SWB details, and the interior has the later SWB glove box.

colombo2cam likes this.
  12. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    Agreed...the way the images and text get muddled is w4nky.
    I wasn’t asking if this was 0829 GT in my images, I was asking if 0829 GT was the car Scaglietti was referring to when he stated he rebuilt a crashed car in to California configuration.

Paul