Buy

#06296 Another new project

Discussion in '206/246' started by omgjon, Dec 6, 2021.

1. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 13, 2005
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I'm always on the look out for another Dino project. As they seem to be getting scarcer and scarcer I snatched this 2 owner car up. It's a 73 USA car not bad overall condition with original specs Nocciola with black interior but like most it was painted red in the 80's. This is a two owner car, tubi exhaust and repro Campagnolo wheels. I plan on driving it until I get around to another full restoration. I just turned 70 and plan to do at least one per year for the next 10 years. When I hit 80 I might cut back a bit!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

2. To remove this ad click here.

3. vrooom

vrooom Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 29, 2007
    jon , even has the original license plate frame !

4. Neelfryer

Neelfryer Formula Junior

Jan 11, 2017
    Beverly Hills
    Full Name:
    John
    NOCCIOLA !!!!

(I am a fan)

congrats - can't wait to watch this happen ...

cheers

375+ likes this.
  5. racerboy9

racerboy9 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Boy that's a tough one on the color. I like nocciola and the orange color looks great too. I guess originality should rule but the orange really pops!

6. Tessy

Tessy Rookie

Jan 27, 2019
    NIceville, Florida
    I know this one. You got it for a professor in Hawaii. Almost pulled the trigger on that one.

7. To remove this ad click here.

8. omgjon

omgjon F1 Rookie
    Owner

Feb 13, 2005
    Rancho Santa Fe, CA
    I don't really care about original color as long as you use a period correct color. i'm just going to drive it for awhile as i have 2 to finish before I get to this. It was owned by an 80 year old professor in Hawaii. I was there for vacation last April and on a whim I went to see it at his house. It took 6 months to make a deal. He's a tough Norwegian!! Overall it's pretty decent car for my purposes.

9. Ferrari 308 GTB

Ferrari 308 GTB F1 Veteran

Feb 21, 2015
    Project ? it looks immaculate !

10. pshoejberg

pshoejberg Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 22, 2007
    Denmark
    Full Name:
    Peter H
    Those Norwegians are some really tough hard balls. I too negotiated for 6 month with a Norwegian before I was approved worthy of buying His Dino with close to zero discount. They don't sell for the money...-:)

Best, Peter

Jamie H, dgt and Nuvolari like this.
  11. George Vosburgh

George Vosburgh F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

May 26, 2011
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Beautiful car Jon, enjoy!

12. To remove this ad click here.

13. Martyt

Martyt Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 7, 2022
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Martin Togni
    Jon, give me a call regarding this car. By the way, was 70 in San Diego today:)