07294 "chairs & flairs", but no chairs! | Page 2 | FerrariChat

07294 "chairs & flairs", but no chairs!

Discussion in '206/246' started by Bluebottle, Oct 5, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. isuk

isuk F1 Rookie

Nov 11, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Iain
    There were two version of the Campagnolo wheel - one with the Dino script and one without. I'm sure Matthias will confirm about the way the door cards were fitted as his Compendium states on page 233 "the E series door panels are attached to the inner door with five body screws and the usual brackets and clips." Those trim screws are fitted as per the attached picture -
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

TonyL likes this.
  2. Ken Ivey

Ken Ivey Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 6, 2013
    Portland, OR, USA
    Full Name:
    Ken Ivey
    Ejtel246,

With regard to the hesitation to point out faults, for a while, if a car showed up in the chat room, it was literally picked apart. There are people here that know every bolt, type of material and correct piece on a 246. However, it wasn’t very productive or welcoming. So, people are hesitant to pick at originality or quality. On the other hand, if you’re looking at a car, and want to know what needs to be corrected, this is the place. Helpful is much different from critical.

Ken

TonyL and Eltel246 like this.
  3. racerboy9

racerboy9 F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    I've looked at a ton of Dino door pictures and it seems many had three trim screws at the bottom forward half of the door card all in about the same location and with similar spacing. Several low mileage cars had them including the 2,900 mile Dino found with a Daytona and Bora. I have to assume at some point the factory decided to add those for some reason.

4. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name:
    Scott
    In 1995 I bought a set of Campagnolos from Shaughnessy without the Dino script, they were dated correctly and he also claimed they were OEM and that not all OEM have the script.

5. GermanDino

GermanDino F1 Rookie

Aug 14, 2007
    Germany
    Full Name:
    Matthias
    thats correct....

6. synchro

synchro F1 Veteran

Feb 14, 2005
    CHNDLR
    Full Name: