1:18 F430? | FerrariChat

1:18 F430?

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by Reds, Jan 30, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Reds

Reds Formula Junior

Mar 13, 2004
    Richmond, B.C.
    Will there be any 1:18 F430 avaliable in the market?

2. Carrera_gtcrazy

Carrera_gtcrazy F1 Veteran

Oct 24, 2004
    Munich, Germany
    Full Name:
    Stephan Bauer
    Im sure Hotwheels will be making one. IM sure it will be released bu the summer time.

3. nopassn

nopassn Formula 3

Nov 19, 2003
    Kansas City
    Full Name:
    Roy
    FWIW - I've heard that HW is supposed to be releasing it in the 1st 1/4 of '05... I'll try and find confirmation...

4. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    According to gradprixlegends, the spider as well as the coupe will be out in March.

http://www.grandprixlegends.com/DieCastSite/DieCast/D_ComingSoon_I_RoadCars(DieCast)/3/false/

5. 360 Spyder

360 Spyder Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    My sources agree with what he said.

Those and a 1:18 Maserati MC12 too.

Also, they are to release a "Showcase" version in 1:18 scale of these throughout this year...
    250 GTO
    Lusso
    250GT
    Enzo
    F430 Spider

These are expected to be of Kyosho quality and price range.
    At least that is what I have heard so far.

6. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    There is a new series of 1:43s called "Redline" which look amazingly detailed. They already have an F430, looks great! They are quite expensive though.

7. urraco

urraco Formula Junior

Feb 18, 2004
    Mexiko
    Full Name:
    Nitram
    I wonder if Hotwheels will release a 430 along anoher vintage model
    just like they did when the 612 Scaglietti was released along the 166MM Barchetta

8. Rosso

Rosso Formula Junior

Mar 14, 2004
    San Francisco, CA
    Full Name:
    Justin
    Rob, if that's true...I'm ready to pony up! Some improved detail would be welcomed with open arms.

9. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    I don't know about you guys, but I wish they would get away from the opening doors. The interior detail is not that great, meanwhile the outside completely suffers from those horrible shut lines. I can't even bring myself to get the HotWheels Stradale for this very reason.

10. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    To each his own. I have been very pleased with all the Hot Wheels 1:18 Ferrari's I have bought. But, then again, I am not as critical as some people.

**Edit**
    That was not meant as an attack on you Koby, but merely my observation of so many threads complaining about this and that when it comes to models.

11. Dana_McCann

Dana_McCann Karting

Nov 10, 2003
    Houston,Texas
    Full Name:
    Dana L. McCann
    I too have the Hotwheels Ferraris' and I have no complaints.
    If I had to compare them to BBurago, Bburago would loose.
    for the money that I pay, I have a vey good representation of
    the real thing. When I have people in my home, they are amazed
    at the collection that I have displayed. If we want to get critical, we can get very critical with models like that(in my opinion) Ertl 1/18 Ferrari 275, that people are paying top $$$ for. I think that this model is crapp, as well as the Jouef 250 GT, Bburago 288 GTO, 250 GTO , 348; Mira 512 TR, and 348; Anson 328 GTS $100+, Jouef 288 GTO Evolutione, Revell Mythos, Guiloy 1964 250 GTO. All of these in my (opinion) are pieces of Crapp, but I have every last one of these in my collection of 50 Ferraris. Kyosho did an excellent job for the money as well as UT with their 355's but not enough to pay $200.00 for a black 355 GTB. Each maker mass produced what they felt was a good model and priced it appropiately. If you want details, have your model built by a model builder for a really nice price, or else don't complain about it. Complaining does nothing, it doesn't change anything. We can post forum after forum and we get nowhere at all. (I am not attacking you, I just want to make a point.) Mattel bough the license, they own it, share or do whatever makes them happy, and I can probably bet 10 years from now, someone will pay top$$ for a mattel model. In fact they do right now,just look at Cavallino models and Ebay. The mattel 288 GTO has gone for $100+, as well as the mattel 250 GTO and the Red berlinetta 355 and yellow GTS models hit anywhere from 50-90 dollars. So with this said, someone is buying them.

12. Koby

Koby Formula 3

Dec 14, 2003
    The Borough, NJ
    Full Name:
    Jason Kobies
    No offense taken. FWIW, I have the HW 1:18 Enzo... in nero. :D I have noticed the newer releases getting much better. That said, the last time I was at EWA I noticed a special edition of some model (can't remember which, not an F-car) emblazoned with marketing boasting about it featuring a sealed body, thus my little rant.

13. CabooseF430

CabooseF430 Karting

Dec 18, 2004
    Oh god does hotwheels suck hard at making diecast i wish they would give the up the rights to autoart to make all ferrari 1:18 scale diecast

14. 360 Spyder

Feb 7, 2004
    Near the Cows....
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Yeah but Auto Art just forced their retailers to jack the prices up. They withheld shipments until they were in compliance with their pricing.