1/18 MONDIAL t CAB??? | FerrariChat

1/18 MONDIAL t CAB???

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by hank sound, Sep 28, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. hank sound

hank sound F1 Veteran

Jan 31, 2004
    Burbank, CA
    Full Name:
    Hank Garfield
    Hi gang,
    Some time ago I saw a model, probably a hand-built of a red/tan Mondial Cab, 3.2 or t, don't remember which. Anyway, I would sure like to find a 1/18 model of same. I don't think it's out there yet. I've called Mattel and they claim now knowledge of if or when such a model would be considered.
    Maybe the one I saw is up for sale.
    Cheers, Hank

2. Miura Jota

Miura Jota F1 Rookie

May 26, 2004
    Toluca , Mexico
    Full Name:
    Martin
    I would buy one too.

3. Scott85

Scott85 Formula 3

Dec 16, 2000
    Dayton , OH
    I've never seen a Mondial in 1/18. There is a Mondial 8 in 1/24 made by Polistil and some other Mondials in 1/43 . When HW first got the Ferrari contract, they had a large listing of Ferraris they were going to do and the Mondial was on the list. Of course that was 4-5 years ago and they're just now releasing the 250 Lusso & 166, so who knows?

4. SEAL2CC

SEAL2CC Formula Junior

Jan 19, 2005
  5. NoJo

NoJo Karting

Aug 15, 2004
    Jerusalem
    Full Name:
    Noah Joseph
    I've been looking for one as well, and posted the same question just last week.

It'd fit in perfectly with the 348 Spider (which I'm planning to mod from a Maisto targa), 355 Spider (UT which is in the mail now), 360 Spider (HotWheels with the Scaglietti options) and the upcoming 430 Spider (pics of which Ferrari just released and which HotWheels should be coming out with in the next couple of months). A Mondial cabrio would round out the series perfectly.

Unfortunately, none seem to be available.
    If you find any, please post a message here and let us know!