1/18 news | Page 29 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furmano

furmano Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 22, 2004
    Colorado
    Full Name:
    Furman
    BBR is getting it right with the shapes and details, at least with the modern stuff.

The plain 333 SP looks fantastic. You can take in the details better that way. Last of the Ferrari prototype race cars. :(

-F

2. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    gt4me likes this.
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Looks good..but of course, tet's see how much detail remains in the real model!

4. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    New BBR 250 GT Lusso Prototype. Well this is a nice surprise. I expected that they would make a 250 Lusso sooner or later. I'm sure they will make models in various colors of the production cars, and I'll buy one of those to replace my Hot Wheels Elite model, which is very good for what it is.....then again, I'll probably keep the HW. It's a good model, with opening panels, and the Lusso is one of my all time favorite Ferrari's.

furmano likes this.
  6. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I like this too, but there are 3 problems.....
    1) Even though this is limited to only 25 pieces, the price is still too high for what it is.....read number 2 & 3. If they had made it all correctly, then I could justify the price.
    2) Interior and Seats are wrong colors, should NOT be all black. So this would have to be opened up and almost all the interior repainted....
    3) Wheel rims are wrong...... The outer edges of rims should NOT be painted blue.

There are most likely other detail issues, but those are the biggees.

7. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    I agree with Lusso 123...it is a stupid thingh to make unreal models!If you want to sell it at high price...take your time to look at a pic!Respect your customers....
    (sorry for my english!)
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I see a lot more problems than just that!! it's missing black surroundings on front headlights, the door bulbs should be inside the number white roundel, british flag on the hood is miniscule!!!
    thank for the picture...Mg sure could use it!!!

9. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
    Unfortunately MG will not use anything........models are made!
    The concept is:
    "make some interesting models...nobody knows the real one!"
    All the best
    Alessandro

70 years old man; 60 years (from the last Mille Miglia) learning Ferrari cars!

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Unfortunatly for them not all collectors are blind!!

11. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Yes, as I mentioned.... "There are most likely other detail issues...." I knew there were other problems, but did not feel like combing over the model....since it was obvious that once again a model manufacturer showed their laziness, arrogance, and incompetence. I am so disgusted with the continued flow of supposed 'collector' models with so many easy to see flaws.

12. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
  13. RHS

RHS Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 9, 2010
    Hi,

Does anybody have any updates on the look Smart 1/18 Lamborghini Miura SVj s/n 4990 (ex-Shah of Iran). It was supposed to come out last year but the site still says TBD.

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Best Regards,

Ramin

14. bwshihtzu

bwshihtzu Formula Junior

Mar 22, 2014
    Arizona
  15. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Hi John,

Not sure how to send you a PM. Did you get my e-mail I sent you last week?

Best regards, Peter

16. Gatorrari

Gatorrari F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 27, 2004
    Georgia
    Full Name:
    Jim Pernikoff
    You select your user name in the upper right corner of the screen, and then select "Conversations" and then "Start a New Conversation".

17. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Thanks!

18. toyfiats

toyfiats Rookie

May 28, 2015
    Full Name:
    Sam
    I have this BBR model in 1/43, and it's nice, but for some reason the 1/18 scale leaves me a little cold, and the Lusso is one of my all-time favorites as well. I'll look forward to reading your review if you end up picking one up, as I'm curious if BBR got the lines right on this larger model.

19. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    the prototype model is made with 3D printing
    both models 1/18 and 1/43 are wright or wrong.......

20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Christian, what do you think is "wrong" with their 1:18 Prototype Lusso?

I know that almost all of their 1:43 models all have flaws, including the Lusso. I have not seen their 1:18 Lusso in person yet and will reserve judgement until I eventually have one in my hands. I won't buy the "prototype".....waiting for a model of a production car; so I'll probably have to wait a fairly long time until BBR releases one, and if it is in 'resale red', I won't buy it.

21. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I'm not a big fan of BBR, but they have made some good models over the years. I used to have very many of their 1:43rds, but sold them all when they started reproducing everything they had previously sold as "limited editions." Unfortunately the "people" at BBR have NO ethics. With that said, there are not many of their 1:18 models that have strongly appealed to me, but I have found five that I really like, and I bought them.....even though they all have mistakes/flaws.

22. rumen1

rumen1 Formula 3
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Jun 23, 2012
    Bulgaria
    Does anyone know if Burago are planning to release 1:18 versions of the Lusso and F12 TDF?

23. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    what I meant is: when the 1:43 is correct the 1:18 is also correct, when the 1:43 is wrong the 1:18 is also wrong
    I don´t think that the Lusso is wrong
    RGM used the actual silver Lusso to make the model, but the real car is wrong restored, so the model is also wrong
    have a look at the Amelia Island 2018 thread in the vintage section about the 0812 250P
    this is a 20M $ car wrong rebuilt

24. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
    I am a hugh BBR fan and I know both owners
    they have a lot of ethics
    people are getting old and when you know the costs when you close a factory in Italy this is what they are working for