1/18 news | Page 37 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  2. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks...it does look good...by the way...happy christhmas

4. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Looks great Peter, but as you already said, the wipers need some change and maybe the wheels, it's to much chrome.

5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Merry Christmas!

gt4me likes this.
  6. BLACK HORSE

BLACK HORSE Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 11, 2004
    California - Bay Area
    Full Name:
    Rob
    Merry Christmas everyone from California

gt4me likes this.
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  8. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  9. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    It looks a bit too short to me, like the front hood should be longer....

11. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

I don't like it, and this is one of my favorite Ferrari's. Just not good enough for me. I could not see placing this next to my Kyosho and BBR 250 GTO's. Looks crude, heavy handed, poor shapes, not much detail, and like a slightly dressed up version of the old Jouef cheap diecast, but with some "lipstick" on it.

12. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ok, i wasn't too convinced myself but like in the tecnomodel's 166 mm, as much as i need it in my colection, if it isn't good enough, it's not worth spending the money...i'll just put it in the 275 gtb/c from tecnomodel instead, from the pics looks decent.
    By the way, seems like the 512m from gmp was pushed forward again, i contacted them and they told me it would be on the shelves during january...will, it won't, most probable date now is March :(..perhaps later this month at Nuremberg we will see some goodies!
    Thnaks Marshall, you always help me to save some money :)

Lusso123 likes this.
  13. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  14. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    That CMR 330 GTC looks very nice except or those balloon tires. I might even buy one (and replace the tires).

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Tires look very odd indeed...maybe someone planned on taking it on a trip trough sand dunes!

16. 15765

15765 Formula Junior

May 14, 2012
    Las Vegas NV
    Full Name:
    Chuck King
    Are the CMR 050 330 GTC 1/18 models available for sale

17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Not yet, you should keep checking "Ck Modelcars" or "Modelissimo", they will be the first to have it

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm not sure if tghis was ever adressed around here, but, how do i take the wheels of an elite 250 swb? are they screwd or can i just pull them off?

19. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You might be right.... certainly there is a problem. Wheels are most likely a little too small, and the tires might possibly be just a little too big, but the problem does seem to point to the wheels size.

21. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    It appears CMC will announce the release of Ferrari 275GTB: not a 'must have' for me, and unless something else is announced next week my collecting days of model cars are diminishing.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

22. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    The 275 should be very nice but i'm very happy with my BBr....

23. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    Pedro pointed out that carmodel.com now has the GMP 512M available with plenty of pictures of the production model. Massive disappointment! Looks like an off-road version. :(Maybe I'll buy one and display it with all the body parts off, but have to see it in real life to decide if I want to pay that much for this model.

24. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes, a massive disappointment. Looks like a rough and quickly thrown together prototype-sample piece. Sooo....maybe there's hope that the final production models will be good, but definitely have to wait and see in person, or at least see good photos of a production piece. Time will tell.

25. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I'm happy with my BBR models too. Not sure if these 275 models from CMC will be good enough for me. They always go for the whiz-bang of putting in too many toy-like parts and sacrificing accuracy.... And who knows if they have all the details and proportions correct? They almost always seem to screw up something. I'm sure that they will add whatever is on the car now that it did not race in period with. That said, at least this time they finally paid attention to something I've been saying all along.... "identify" the exact car(s) you used for research and to base your model(s) off of. So for this they have stated which car they used, and some of what they are planning.:
    "CMC had the rare opportunity to document in detail the GTB/C #09015 in its original condition. The car is the second Competizione produced from series II and one of the last GT class cars built by the racing department at Maranello...... A limited edition will be offered of Chassis #09015 as this car was used by NART to race with starting number #26 in Le Mans 1966 and with Biscaldi and de Bourbon at the wheel. A standard edition of the 275 GTB/C will be based on Chassis #09067 with a red finish and a black interior. CMC may also consider offering a few more limited editions."