1/18 news | Page 38 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm a bit worried with the GMP.....i have one on order and will get it..the only other option would be the R.A.R.E model, wich would be even more expensive..but looks very nice. If at least the panels close tight and flush i'll be happy. One thing i noticed is that on resin models, the strance is usually very low, making the models look greta but, in reality, many of the 60 and 70 models had a lot more ground clearence than people assume.

2. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I think you're right. Here's a good example which looks pretty close to the model's ride height (although the wheels are more compressed into the arches): https://www.flickr.com/photos/smuckatelli/2404422646/in/photostream/

3. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  4. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ok, they said it was an early prototype.....but i doesn't look encouraging at all!

5. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I'm not worried about the ride height per se, but the huge gap between the fender and the top of the wheels. Overall the model lacks the aggresive stance of the real thing. GMP had the same problem with the early versions of the 330 P4. But that was corrected. I'm not sure if the overall look will improve sufficiently with eliminating the fender gap.

6. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
  7. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    You say it was corrected? i have the daytona Winner and it's very bad...in wich models do you say it's better Peter?

8. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    412P and later 330P4. I think only the first GMP 330 (BOAC? race# 6) suffered from a high front end ride height.

9. jtremlett

jtremlett F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2004
    I've never seen similarly early prototypes of other CMCs to compare but I would be surprised if the final model doesn't look a lot better than that. I hope it does because I might actually be tempted. For some reason I usually find CMC's models lacking something that I cannot define. Unimaginative colours or whatever.

Yes. I certainly won't be buying one until I've seen one. I would like a really good 512M (or S) model but I'm not really sure the Sunoco car is the one I want anyway so I'm also interested to see if they come up with other versions. Besides, I learnt my lesson when I pre-ordered the 512S they were going to make which never happened.

10. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I have the 23 daytona winner and it has that problem too.

11. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    The windows look horrible as does the door gaps; it's hard to believe this is the same producer that released the Birdcage Maserati

12. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    I'm hoping for a Filipinetti livery version.

13. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  14. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    That yellow car is a "short nose." The #26 Le Mans model CMC is showing is a "long nose" I would be very surprised if CMC were making two different bodies. Maybe they will, but that would not be within their standard operating procedure....

15. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I very much doubt the final result will be anything as close to the real car as the BBr. I know many collectors have the "resin paranoia" hating everything that isn't die-cast but honestly, as much as i like my die-cast models, i often prefer resin, no issues with panel gaps, no issues with painting, and stance looks much better. I'm seriously starting to think if i should ditch the GMP 512m for a R.A.R.E models version!.....it's a very expensive car and i'm a bit afraid of what i'm gonna get upon looking at carmodel pictures!

16. siemensmotors

siemensmotors Rookie

Oct 30, 2017
  17. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Funny, the version you got is the most expensive one!! LOLO
    What do you think of the detail of your model?

18. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares

Attached Files:

• r3.jpg
      r3.jpg
      File size:
      38.7 KB
      Views:
    modena06 likes this.
  19. siemensmotors

siemensmotors Rookie

Oct 30, 2017
    yeah, it was instabuy for me :)
    i think details are very good, what i like the most are the tapes and dirt, it really adds up to the authenticity of the model

20. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    How is the colour on your model? In the pictures i posted, the GMP is a lot darker, i'm not to sure, maybe the gmp is too dark, but the RARE does look too bright? Is yours in real like the pictures i posted?

21. siemensmotors

siemensmotors Rookie

Oct 30, 2017
  22. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Wow...... HUGE differences between GMP and RARE.

23. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Yes, engine air intake is very diferent, smaller and a lot lower on the GMP, not sure wich one is correct, and the front of the ca ris longer on the RARE..overall the RARE looks a lot more agressive....