1/18 news | Page 43 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    For the yellow 275 the wheels are wrong, but for me only the red one is interesting.
    And then the wheels are right, not beautiful, so I would change them.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Image Unavailable, Please Login

The headlights looks a little bit strange and the airoutlets behind the front- and rearwheels are to small.
    Maybe there are more mistakes, but overall it looks nice, not great!

2. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Problem with the red one is the front grill...there should be no chrome frame around it!!

3. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    Ha, you're right Pedro, maybe I can remove it.
    But first I have to see it in person and than I can change some things.

4. rysc97

rysc97 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
  5. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Thanks John, i just saw that...the car is butt ugly!!! But still a very interesting one!

6. ws6_20

ws6_20 Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    #1056 ws6_20, Feb 28, 2019
    Last edited: Feb 28, 2019
  7. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    R and L in the tyres and on the central nut are modifications.
    Since the last pics, I also have made new disc brakes : cutting in a thin sheet of plastic and paint with metal cote Humbrol
    and also manufacturing 2 trestles (Evergreen + painting) to present the hood.
    I added many rivets on the hood, around the headlights, around the windshield, on the wiper.
    In the cockpit, I modified the black box on the right with 13 switches (chrome wire 0.3mm)
    Compression of suspensions to reduce the height of the car
    Lowering the spare wheel holder to better fit the rear cover
    Modification of the harness with adjustment buckles
    Gun metal paint juice on different parts of the engine...

https://photos.app.goo.gl/S2Vv7bAmWjDsU5acA

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. ws6_20

ws6_20 Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    thanks for the explanation, it looks much better with those improvements,I already thought, it was too nice to be true, to come with those details as factory,the car I buy it in preorder, and I'll have to do something similar, to be more happy with the car

9. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Some very nice details Etienne, how did you compress the suspension? Did you check if the spring were forcing the car to sit higher?

10. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    As I said before, I did not try to dismantle the suspensions. I chose to compress them (no need to have functional suspensions) by pressing hard on the car, in front and then back. I stuck all the moving parts while maintaining the pressure. I hope now that the glue will be effective !

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

11. David C

David C Karting

Jul 29, 2014
    Nice work on the improvements; but you should not have to for a nearly $400.00 model .

12. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

+1

13. ws6_20

ws6_20 Rookie

Feb 19, 2019
    Full Name:
    Alejandro
    with lucky I buy the mine for 305€

14. Wade

Wade Three Time F1 World Champ
    Owner

Mar 31, 2006
    East Central, FL
    Full Name:
    Wade O.
    gt4me likes this.
  15. etienne

etienne F1 Veteran

Jan 21, 2006
    Ferrari World...
    Always the same debate without good and unique answer ... everyone must have their own reflection : what is the good compromise "originality of the model / accuracy / détail / price you want (or can) pay". For me, this 512M has the right balance.
    How much do you pay for a BBR without opening parts, without mechanical details ?
    How much for a GTO by CMC, with all its errors ?
    And it's always a pleasure for me to check the archives, the good documentation, and bring the little details that make the difference. For 349 €, I'm happy like that.

16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I'm in the same boat, this is a model i want very much, there are many versions but this is definitly the best one, even if not perfect. RARE is nice but mores expensive, sealed and also with mistakes like the air box intake that sits too high, Tecnomodel did a good job on thye body but the rear, the wings and flaps were so chunky that made it look like a fair toy. CMR did ok for the price, but the greenhouse area is all wrong, front windshield should be lower than the side window and it's not, and the tail has got the wrong shape. Finaly the GMP..setail is streets ahead of all the others, shape looks very good also, problem is the ride height and the fitting of the engine cover. It should be better for the price, but if you have to have the model, this is by far and IMO the best option.

leandro varela and etienne like this.
  17. leandro varela

Mar 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    leandro varela
    #1068 leandro varela, Mar 5, 2019
    Last edited by a moderator: Mar 5, 2019
    [QUOTE = "furoni, post: 146430284, miembro: 105341"] Por cierto, con la valiosa ayuda de un menber de la escala 18, pude bajar mi GMP 330P4 ... ¡creo que se ve mucho mejor ahora! No le prestes atención al capó trasero, ¡solo estaba mirando la rueda delantera cuando tomé las fotos!

Después de [ATTACH = full] 2661341 [/ ATTACH] antes de [ATTACH = full] 2661342 [/ ATTACH] [/
    Hola, ¿cómo lo hiciste para bajarlo en el frente?

saludos leandro

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

gt4me likes this.
  18. leandro varela

Mar 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    leandro varela
    [QUOTE = "furoni, post: 146481951, miembro: 105341"] Estoy en el mismo barco, este es un modelo que quiero mucho, hay muchas versiones pero este es definitivamente el mejor, incluso si no es perfecto. RARE es bueno pero más caro, sellado y también con errores como la entrada de la caja de aire que se asienta demasiado alto, Tecnomodel hizo un buen trabajo en este cuerpo pero la parte trasera, las alas y las aletas eran tan gruesas que lo hacían parecer un juguete justo. CMR lo hizo bien por el precio, pero el área del invernadero está mal, el parabrisas delantero debe estar más bajo que la ventana lateral y no lo está, y la cola tiene la forma incorrecta. Finalmente, el GMP..setail está por delante de todos los demás, la forma también se ve muy bien, el problema es la altura de manejo y el ajuste de la cubierta del motor. Debería ser mejor por el precio, pero si tienes que tener el modelo,

Personalmente veo que 512 gmp, varios pasos debajo de p4 o p412.
    Creo que su precio correcto sería de unos 300 dólares, tengo una cola larga Ferrari 512 de 1/12 cmr y, honestamente, por 95 dólares es bastante correcto.

bbr sin aberturas es actualmente un robo a mano armada.

19. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Buenas Leandro.
    Lo que yo ice para bajar la suspension diantera del P4 a sido retirarle las muelles que estan al rededor del amortiguador.
    Tienes que aflojar unos pequeños tornillos para liberar la parte inferior del triangulo de suspensión, después tirás cuidadosamente por el amortiguador que se hace en dos partes que encajan..puxas hasta que se separen y después, con una pinza retiras los muelles ... vueltas a montar y ya está.
    Disculpa por mi espanol.

leandro varela likes this.
  20. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Inglés por favor. :D

21. leandro varela

Mar 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    leandro varela
    [QUOTE = "furoni, post: 146491265, miembro: 105341"] Buenas Leandro.
    Lo que yo he estado para bajar la suspensión diantera del P4 ha sido retirado las muelles que estan al rededor del amortiguador.
    Tienes que aflojar unos pequeños tornillos para liberar la parte inferior del triángulo de suspensión, después de que se haya en las partes que encajan..puxas hasta que se separen y después, con una pinza retiras los muelles ... vueltas a montar y ya está.
    Disculpa por mi español. [/ QUOTE]
    Graciass

22. leandro varela

Mar 5, 2019
    Full Name:
    leandro varela
    gt4me likes this.
  23. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck

Inglés por favor.

24. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I just got this today!

Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login Image Unavailable, Please Login

I put it besides the 275 gtb from BBr, the model looks very good, but it's a bit smaller than the BBR, and the roof is a lot lower. I know these 2 cars have nothing in comon except for the name, but the gtb/C looks much more nimble, almost the same size as my Kyosho GTO, but very low, probably it's closer to a 64 GTO.
    In any case, i'm happy with it, the car is stunning and so is the model, even the interior is very nice and not the usual Tecnocrap!

gt4me and rysc97 like this.