News

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

1. rysc97

rysc97 Karting

Nov 1, 2011
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    John
    I saw it too Peter, but I think, for a few euro's more you have so much better BBR-wheels.
    And when you look at the central wheel-locks, they are all pointing in the same direction, that's wrong.

2. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  3. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Great price, but the wheels might be a little too small in diameter. Carmodel shows them as 21.5mm. Note that on BBR, Matrix, Hot Wheels Elite, and a few other brands, their wheels are all a little larger at 23.5mm. And it does make a difference.

4. alebart3

alebart3 Formula Junior

Jun 5, 2008
  5. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes, tires also do not look too good. Overall, I guess it's a situation of "you get what you pay for."

6. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Does'nt look bad!

7. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Yes, have seen this advertised. Overall it looks great. This is very expensive tooling. With all the behind the scenes goings on in the model car industry; sharing, selling, and stealing.... I would have to say that there must have been some sort of deal cut with someone to use the existing CMC tooling for this piece especially since it is not a completely brand new type of model. Obviously the level of detail has been downgraded - most noticeable on the interior. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with this, and it does represent a great value, and I'm very tempted to buy one even though I already have the CMC model. And yes, it will affect values of the CMC transporters in some circles, except for collectors who want the ultimate with the most detail.

8. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    I believe it was also Norev that made it in 1/18 but this one looks a lot better....i agree that for the price and for those who wanted the CMC this is a great option!

9. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ok, the norev was another model, but costs the same and looks like a toy

10. furoni

furoni F1 Veteran

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    Ohh, cmr will be doing the sharknose also for about 60€!