1/18 news | Page 73 | FerrariChat

1/18 news

Discussion in 'Collectables, Literature, & Models' started by furoni, Jan 14, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    The model has the wrong color, 100%

2. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Ok Tom. If you've seen it in person, and it is wrong then I'll go with and believe that.

Per my previous post, I would not be at all surprised if BBR made a color/shade mistake. My comments were and are based on looking only at photos.

3. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I'm not a BBR fan either. I think they do the modern stuff well where there is plenty of reference material around but when it comes to the classics I agree, they make some weird omissions.
    Funny you should mention the GTO as they left off the front grille Cavallino on the first release and on my particular model the tail lights were put in back to front and had to be exchanged.

4. MidnightBlack2015

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco
    I saw that BBR released several 360 modenas in red, green and black. Does anybody have any information if they are planning to do a run of challenge stradales? I emailed them but have not heard back.

5. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I just picked up the 360 in red. I didn’t know there was a green, but there is a yellow in addition to black. Both F1 and 6 speed versions of both.

They have announced CS in red, black, yellow, tdf

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. MidnightBlack2015

Jan 25, 2015
    San Francisco
    Omg! Thanks for the heads up! I am going to get a black cs to go with my 1/43!

tstuli likes this.
  7. tstuli

tstuli Formula Junior

Jun 12, 2018
    NC
    I apologize. It looks like it is a 360 with a challenge grill/rims, not a full CS.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Does anyone know if the KK Scale 365 GTB/4 Daytona models have photo etch frames for the windshield, side and rear windows or are they just paint? I have a Kyosho model from 15 years ago that is primarily paint and only the side windows are etch.

9. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    I have one each of the KK Daytona's - Spyder & Coupe.
    They do not have photo etched window frames. The window frames all around are part of the molded plastic windows, and the frames are painted dull silver. So you do get shape & dimension which is better than a piece of flat photo etch, or worse tampo printed silver on plastic, BUT you do not get any bright chrome finish.

I never bothered buying the Kyosho Daytona's since their shape and details were not great. The KK are cheap models, but they do have great body shape and overall look & feel, and can still sit decently on display next to BBR models.

Rosey, gt4me and bigodino like this.
  10. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    I agree with your assessment of KK Models. I bought their 328 replica and it's certainly worthy of display (surprisingly at that price).
    They do 70's and 80's stuff really well like the Testarossa, 365 GTC4 and the 365 GT4 2+2.
    I would like to see their 246 GT in 1:12 scale in real life to see the quality of their larger scales.

11. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Marshall-

thank you for filling me in on the KK Daytona specifics. Now that I've located a vendor with the appropriate decals, I'm planning on converting the model into the Cannonball car as driven by Brock Yates and Dan Gurney. That will mean that I will have to disassemble the KK car and repaint it. In your opinion, does it look like the KK model will be an easy or difficult conversion? Thanks. Tom

12. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    You're welcome Tom. Sounds like an excellent idea for a conversion and should look great. I don't think it will be too difficult, but there will probably some problem areas for taking apart. I know I had some difficulty with doing a wheel swap on the two I bought. Obviously these were never made to be kits of any type, and from my experience with taking apart and modifying/rebuilding any diecast has been that something will give a hard time trying to remove, and something will break, but it will all eventually go back together if you get it all apart!

13. teegeefla

teegeefla Formula Junior

Apr 26, 2004
    Tampa, Florida
    Full Name:
    Tom Gee
    Marshall- I greatly appreciate your help on this...I know from prior experience on smaller scales that disassembly can be a nightmare of hidden screws or plastic tabs. And as you mentioned, the Kyosho is not the right model for this job..Thanks.

14. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
  15. ursoenzo

ursoenzo Formula Junior

Jul 20, 2006
    Austria
    Full Name:
    Christian Rauch
  16. furoni

furoni F1 World Champ

Jun 6, 2011
    Vila Verde
    Full Name:
    Pedro Braga Soares
    yes, i also believed the front was a bit too long..but perhaps could be the angle of the photo...

piloti likes this.
  17. Lusso123

Lusso123 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 18, 2010
    NY
    Full Name:
    Marshall Buck
    Looks too long & thin. Also noticed a "dip" in the tops of the front fenders. Tire sidewalls do not look quite tall enough. Gas cap should not be chrome plated...

These images might be heavily messaged CAD images... which could explain the shape/length and dips, but we'll see...

18. Rosey

Rosey F1 Rookie

Nov 5, 2015
    Australia
    Full Name:
    Mark R
    #1820 Rosey, Oct 20, 2022
    Last edited: Oct 20, 2022
    Does anyone else out there collect the Bburago Ferrari F1 1/18 models?

I know they are not the highest quality modern Ferrari F1 replicas out there (see BBR, Looksmart, Amalgam, etc) but since I started collecting Ferrari F1 1/18 die-cast models nearly 30 years ago where the only current release versions were initially made by Minichamps for the 1993 season, then Mattel took over the contract and now Bburago, it seems like the logical choice for me is to continue the series.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

19. gt4me

gt4me F1 Veteran

Sep 10, 2005
    UK
    Full Name:
    Lewis Mitchell
    Always loved the Igol liveried car!

20. bigodino

bigodino F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 29, 2004
    The Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Peter den Biggelaar
    And another F40 LM, by GT Spirit! this is exactly the version I have on my wish list, but judging from their 1:8 version the engine detail will probably be poor.

Image Unavailable, Please Login

BlackRivazza likes this.
  21. F1tommy

F1tommy F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 15, 2007
    Chicagoland USA
    Full Name:
    Tom Tanner
    Not sure why, but tecnomodel always makes they wheels oversized, and the F40 LM GTE's are no diffenent but slightly closer to the real thing then their older cars wich look cartoonish. Do anyone of you 1/18th collectors complain to the company directly?