1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs | Page 3 | FerrariChat

1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs

Discussion in '360/430' started by #PoweredbySpeedDigital, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    I agree in every point you made. I'm a manual guy. I think it should be a requirement that all drivers should learn to drive a manual from the start.

To be very honest, and me saying it will piss off the Ferrari community, but a manual f430 Ferrari is not the best manual transmission in the terms of speed and connection in performance ....but that's another argument. BMW.. really bad

To do it in a Scuderia, I don't see the point other than just to say " I have a manual Scuderia" It's a money making project that didn't pan out.
    You took the heart out of a car that is special. In my eyes, they ruined that car.
    You can get the same or better performance by modding a regular F430 to a manual. I can totally see why one would convert the F430 to a manual because honestly I think I can shift faster manually with cars like the S2000 compared to my F1 gearbox in my F430. In saying that, I have come to appreciate the single clutch gearbox. That's why I prefer the drive of a f430 compared to a 458. (although, a 458 is in my future to keep my F430 company:D)

At the end, anyone is free to to what they want with their cars.

2. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Black - agree. But you must also consider the specter of buying 'old f1 tech' auto trans....... compared to new it is clunky and slow.

gated is well... gated.... totally diff experience.

I started my track de's in auto paddle shift amg products years ago..... I thought I was a pretty good driver...... until I got back to basics and started driving stick cars again..... an old c5 z06, and my current track rat an ls swap e36 m3 stick....... the additional dynamics, driver input, control, etc..... of a stick car is a love of mine.... I will not drive an auto car again on track..... it just takes from the experience for me. granted I'm not being paid to compete in f1 or anything for that matter.....

for a street car, I just would not want a 'dated' auto box...... when the new stuff is so much better.

all IMHO.... this opinion and a buck will get you a cup of coffee!

driller1, ///Art and G. Pepper like this.
  3. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    Who gives 2 you know whats if an F1 is 2 seconds faster- You're not buying it as a manual to beat an F1, you're buying it to enjoy the awesomeness of a manual on a scud- Half these guys talking crap probably can't drive a manual thats why their panties are in a bunch lol

4. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    The only one talking crap is you.

rennspeed likes this.
  5. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    Hmmm, with all due respect, if you can manually shift an S2000 manual gearbox faster than the F1 in your F430, then I would surmise there's something wrong with the transmission in your F1. I know it's slow shifting when just tooling around, but when really pushing it, it should shift in the blink of an eye... almost as fast as a DCT.

6. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    #56 Flea7, Mar 16, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 16, 2019
    Well, just like the last discussion with you about the header blankets...... ahh OK.
    2005 F430 shifts at 160 ms at optimum. There is nothing wrong with my F1 gearbox.
    I know what I can do on other cars with manual. I really don't care if you don't think so.

7. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    At this point, I don't think you know how to carry on a civil conversation.

8. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    It's hard to with your lack of knowledge

The 2005 1st gen. F1 gearbox is nowhere near fast as a DCT gearbox.....or even close to the scud. gearbox at 60ms. 160ms F1 gearbox is really not that fast.

.....but this thread isn't about how to or how fast I or anyone can shift so ...lets move on...

9. BlacktopRacing

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    It's hard to with your know-it-all attitude.

10. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Just telling you what's up ...that's all.

11. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    meanwhile.... back to the gated SCUD!

I'll chip in for pobst beverages :) LOL.... anything to make this happen.

12. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    I sent Randy an email on his website...... will see if he or his agent has any interest.

will forward any queries direct to Art......

13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    And just sent Matt Farah with The Smoking Tire vlog a msg..... will see if these guys read their unsolicited messages...... any interest will be forwarded direct to Art....... Cheers.

Also hit up Sam on seen through glass......

14. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Something is brewing...... hehe. I love this hobby!

15. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    See... this car is nothing but trouble...and let's be honest, we are putting the value on how many YouTube vloggers like the car. Great. That doesn't change the fact that this car, supposedly worth $1 million is only worth as much or less as a stock Scud. Once YouTube likes increase the value of a car by 500%, let me know, I will be loaning mine out every chance I get.

imahorse and one4torque like this.
  16. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Beating the dead horse....... pow pow!

17. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I agree with this.

Where are the 1 million dollar claims? Why or WHO would even say that?!?

Again, I think most of the issue here is not the F1 vs gated, it's the arrogant attitude of the "promoter(s)", constantly trying to hype the car, plastering FS threads everywhere and disguised a new member "look what I stumbled upon" is getting old.

imahorse likes this.
  18. ///Art

///Art Karting
    BANNED

Oct 15, 2014
    Randy ran a 2:35 cant get much more out of these Pilot 4s.

360trev and brookliner7 like this.
  19. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    I don't understand all the hype about this car. They did a manual conversion, so what? Also, as I've said before, they removed the one aspect of the car that makes it most unique and, therefore, desirable. I wouildn't buy this car, but if I wanted to, it'd be for a lot less than the normal market value for a scud.

20. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Going to start calling you broken record Dave soon .. everyone knows your opinion. Let everyone else have theirs

Pretty please with sugar on top!

21. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    #72 one4torque, Mar 17, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2019
    cool art! have fun with this build!

can't wait to hear RP's impressions.

22. michaelo

michaelo Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2006
    Tn.
    Full Name:
    Michael O.
    I am sensing that there is a basic objection to converting the Scud because it is a very limited production special edition ride.
    I get it. It doesn't bother me that Art did this. It was a challenge and the challenge was met. I have contemplated having him convert
    my 430 to manual since the F1 transmission is the one element of the car that I am always questioning. Everything from clutch wear, expense to
    fix, F1 pump, etc. It doesn't escape my mind when I think about the car. Everything else is perfect. I have been considering a 458 because the DCT
    is superior in every way to what we have in our F1's. The technology is better. It doesn't address the fact that there are those of us who still love a manual transmission, but that isn't available anymore in newer Ferrari's. The resale thing seems to be a really big deal when it comes to Ferrari ownership.
    A 430 doesn't cost much more than a current Mercedes Benz so I don't understand why there is such sweating over resale. I wouldn't try to make a 458 or 812 into a manual, but I don't see the problem with a 430. My opinion.

23. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    who knows.... moon phases? Not sure why the panties in a bunch.

it's just a car..... and it's better now IMHO.

I'm glad there are people out there willing to do such builds..... if it tee's off the purist's.. so be it.

24. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Good points, but understand the F1 pump does not go away with a manual conversion. The pump is still required to operate the Ediff.

///Art likes this.