1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs | Page 5 | FerrariChat

1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs

Discussion in '360/430' started by #PoweredbySpeedDigital, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    This is beyond ridiculous. I swear, We need to have an immediate lock and possible ban for anyone making these threads about this overplayed car, especially if they have nothing but a link. Seriously out of hand.

imahorse likes this.
  2. Jakuzzi

Jakuzzi Formula 3

Mar 26, 2005
    PR, TX, GV
    Full Name:
    Jaime
    I do believe that in a democratic society like ours the O.P. has the right to post whatever he/she wishes, no matter how much it may displease us. :)

one4torque likes this.
  3. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    And in that democratic society we are certainly allowed to express said displeasure.

Jakuzzi likes this.
  4. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    https://www.roadandtrack.com/car-culture/classic-cars/a27205643/ferrari-430-scuderia-manual-transmission-swap-drive/

Here's Matt Farah's take. A well-known automotive youtuber.

"Within 30 seconds I decide that EAG’s creation, the Ferrari that doesn’t exist, slots easily into my top five motoring experiences of all time, handily bumping the spectacular 488 Spider off my "personal favorite Ferraris" podium. This is everything I want from a Ferrari. Literally, everything."

"Remember those upgraded synchros I mentioned in the SF2 gearbox? Well maybe you can time them with the paddles, but with a lever you can feel them working. Because of this, a manual-converted Scuderia will shift even smoother and slicker than a factory-built stick 430. Though I wasn’t able to compare back-to-back, the synchros, especially in first and second gear, are particularly slick, and I have no problem stating definitively that this is one of the finest manual transmissions I have ever used."

"There is no reason at all I couldn’t commute every day, even in bad traffic, in one of these. It’s got tons of feel, but requires very little effort. Spectacular."

Haters gonna hate. Hate on the seller for his tactics, but hating on the car is another matter. Ever seen a Rocket Funny Ferrari 458? I've seen worse done to Ferraris for the sake of hard-parking. This is a unique Ferrari driving experience.

FerrariF430boy likes this.
  5. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    #106 f355spider, Apr 22, 2019
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2019
    Did anyone notice in the above Road and Track article, that for the first time (to the best of my knowledge) it was disclosed that the mannetino is disabled, due to being unable to get the software to work? They claim they are waiting for it from Bosch.

"Bartosik is waiting on a bit of software from Bosch that will allow the mannetino switch on the steering wheel to function as stock, dialing up the car's different driving modes. For now, it is disabled entirely. “You have zero driver's aids right now, so be careful,” he warns"

So does this mean the Ediff2, one of the important upgrades in the Scuderia is not working? Do you have any limited slip at all? What setting is the suspension left at? Does the soft suspension setting button work? Having all the available settings disabled is kind of a big deal. I'm curious what is left as default now.

Flea7 likes this.
  6. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus

Good point. Isn't the mannetino completely disabled in a manual F430 by Ferrari?

7. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Ole Matt looked to be having a good time.

I’m jealous.

ShineKen and Manda racing like this.
  8. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    I don't believe so. If disabled as claimed, I understand you have no ABS, no traction control and no stability control. But at what fixed settings is the throttle response, suspension firmness and Ediff2 left at?

9. MaranelloDave

MaranelloDave Formula 3

Apr 27, 2010
    LA
    Full Name:
    Dave
    Ugh, so tired of hearing about this car. Can we please move on to something else? Someone put a 488 engine in a scud or something and let’s talk about that.

f355spider and kes7u like this.
  10. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    We'll stop hearing about it as soon as someone buys it

11. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    for $1 million...

f355spider likes this.
  12. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    They are spamming it with every well known exotic car enthusiast with a YouTube channel. Tavarish was yesterday. Ed Bolian is today.

13. ShineKen

ShineKen F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Aug 3, 2007
    Southern California
    Full Name:
    Nostradamus
    If it's going to be the only one in the world ever... might as well make tons of videos of it.

14. f355spider

Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Of course, because it gets "hits". They are probably selling them on doing videos based on that. "hey, do a story on the "only 430 scuderia in the world....they said it couldn't be done"...look at all the hits everyone else that did a story on it...you should too".

I noticed Art dropped the price by $100k . It was $390k at the start of this thread five weeks ago, now $290k...so reality is starting to kick in.

imahorse likes this.
  15. mwstewart

mwstewart F1 Rookie

Feb 5, 2014
    England
    Full Name:
    Mark
    That is significant. I'm genuinely surprised it has been showcased in such a state - F1 Trac is a very important part of the Scuderia. Perhaps the info was from earlier on in the build?

16. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    ummm they are now converting a 458, yes you heard it here..a 458, to us die hard manual guys that could care less about how quick a double clutch is and all that technical stuff, this rite here is gold & definitely make me happy that someone is taking on such a project..this is risky, and i'm sure time consuming..Chapeaux to EAG!

i think Art & EAG should just Drop the Mic here and slam the door shut..BOOM!

G. Pepper likes this.
  17. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I hear they are working on cold fusion next.

1 million UT views = 10k bucks.

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

18. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    While converting a 458 to manual is definitely an interesting project, it's a bridge too far for me. I'd rather have the DCT in that car. Hard to believe many would want a manual 458.

ShineKen likes this.
  19. Tarek307

Tarek307 Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 26, 2018
    Long Beach, CA & Alexandria,Egypt.
    Full Name:
    Tarek Salah
    someone drank their "Haterade" this morning!

really? i know many that wish ferrari till now made a manual- hence the manual 360 & 430 huge premiums getting paid ..& that is a fact!

20. G. Pepper

G. Pepper Three Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Mar 15, 2012
    Texas/Colorado
    Full Name:
    George Pepper
    Yes, really. I have a manual 360, so I know the experience. I wouldn't want an F1 360 or 430, but a DCT 458 is a different animal. I want a 458, but not a manual 458.

Interesting project though. Hope it turns out well.

21. Flea7

Flea7 Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Feb 25, 2010
    PNW
    Full Name:
    SKIM
    Next....flux capacitor in a 488.

22. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I don't think there are actually many road cars that don't work as a gated shifter. If Porsche can do special one offs that sell with enthusiasts then yes there will always be demand, abet of a niche variety.

Just the same when the mainstream goes to automated self driving and a niche of enthusiastic drivers fancy driving themselves rather than the ecu doing it for them.

Eventually it will become illegal to self drive in towns and cities due to liability reasons.. Enjoy it while you still can, whether it be flappy paddles or gated. I have both types of cars in my collection and enjoy both types on different occasions.

23. BlacktopRacing

BlacktopRacing Formula Junior

Sep 18, 2016
    Pittsburgh
    Full Name:
    Dale
    I learned to drive in a 1979 Mustang with a manual transmission. My first car was a 1979 Mazda RX7 with a 5 speed manual. Every car I had until I bought a 2008 BMW M3 had a manual transmission. The DCT in that M3 was so amazing, it spoiled me for life. I'm done with full manuals... they're slow, get worse fuel economy... they're a lose-lose alternative these days for somebody who's all about high performance. Time to get with the times. If you still want a drive a slow manual, that's cool, there are plenty of old cars for sale at low cost. I'll even buy something to add to my stable for nostalgia.

brookliner7 likes this.
  24. brookliner7

brookliner7 Formula Junior

May 5, 2018
    San Antonio, TX
    Full Name:
    Hans
    I heard no one even wanted to buy a converted scud...