1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs | Page 7 | FerrariChat

1 Of 1 430 Scud Gated Manual Up For Grabs

Discussion in '360/430' started by #PoweredbySpeedDigital, Mar 14, 2019.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Need4Spd

Need4Spd F1 Veteran

Feb 24, 2007
    Silicon Valley
    I’m with you on this.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat

G. Pepper likes this.
  2. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    The OP is presumably the owner of this website and many others....and this thread achieved what he was after by starting it....it generated over 7,300 views, not bad. ;)
    Come on, that's why Art has been able to convince so many websites, bloggers and vloggers to write and post videos about the car...it has tremendous "legs" and continued interest months after the project was completed.
    He will do much more with the F458, whether successful or not.

one4torque likes this.
  3. 360+Volt=Prius

360+Volt=Prius Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 1, 2013
    Western Mass
    Full Name:
    Raimondo
    I feel so used

Sent from my iPhone using FerrariChat

f355spider likes this.
  4. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    ALL ABOARD THE HYPE TRAAAAAAAAAAAIN!!!!!!!!!

5. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    I actually feel this way about most cars released these days but at least here EAG are giving enthusiasts more choice in the gated Ferrari area which is fabulous news in my book.

Little innovation and models cynically designed to hit their target groups and not to tred on a model above. Power outputs clearly must fit this tight pecking order yet modern Turbocharged engines can make 2 or even 3 times its allocated power output with nothing more than a turbo upgrade, exhaust and remap...

Dewinator likes this.
  6. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I have no issue with what they are doing. In fact, I think it is great. What I have a problem with is how they are doing it.

brookliner7 likes this.
  7. 360trev

360trev F1 Rookie
    Project Master

Oct 29, 2005
    Gibraltar
    Full Name:
    360trev
    Agreed they have learnings to do and I hope they will take on board all feedback in a constructive manner (both positive and negative remarks).

Overall I'm glad they are doing it...

imahorse likes this.
  8. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I will admit to be secretly following the 458 conversion....in addition to a gated 458 being my "dream" car, it is far less sacrilege than tearing up a Scud...

f355spider likes this.
  9. raider1968

raider1968 F1 Rookie
    Owner

Mar 13, 2008
    NC Mnts & Asheville
    Full Name:
    John E
    I think they ruined the car

10. Kevin Rev'n

Kevin Rev'n Two Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Nov 29, 2009
    Honolulu
    Full Name:
    Kevin
  11. driller1

driller1 Karting
    Rossa Subscribed

Sep 14, 2015
    New Hampshire
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #161 driller1, Jul 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2019
    I have done business with the shop that did this conversion. and I can say from experience there is nothing shady about what he does. He has shared his knowledge of my complex roof open/close troubleshooting, handled parts and repair as if it was his own car.
    He is fair, honest and will bust his butt to keep his customers happy.

f355spider and one4torque like this.
  12. ttforcefed

ttforcefed F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    well i just came across this thread. There have only been 2 other times when i was this excited about a purchase: when i bought my (first ferrari) 355 18 years ago and when i bought my f40. Right now, coincidentally, the 2 cars im most excited about are this scud and converting one of my 430 spiders to a gated car.

I bought this car to keep and to drive. ideally the car shld belong to Art as it means more to him than anyone else. If he ever wants it back id be happy to sell it to him, and i wld convert an argento scud and CS. that what i really want.

the posts about this being sacreligious are hysterical - since the last post in this thread we have seen prices of scuds (even low mile ones) continue to get softer, not stronger. they made alot of scuds and one of my friends owns a green F40, which many said that wld be sacrilegious too. the world is a big place. Art was rightfully excited about what he built and i can't tell you how many texts/emails i have received from hardcore enthusiasts throwing praise at the acquisition. i buy cars all the time and never, never have i received this type of enthusiasm.

if people dont like how Art brought the car to the market, well that's fine. the car is an inanimate object that gives emotion, it doesn't take any away from anyone. a converted driven scud is always better than a crashed one or one that sits in a garage 364 days a year. i'm looking forward to sharing/living with the scud and the converted 430, and for those of you who are repulsed by this, i wish you all the best.

also fwiw, the market is the market. sure a cple one-offs have been converted across the globe but EAG was the first to actually come to market. there is a difference between being a great chef at home and owning a great restaurant that pays your bills. If anyone feels like they contributed to the scud conversion but never were acknowledged, i sincerely thank you.

LARRYH, HH11, armedferret and 3 others like this.
  13. one4torque

one4torque F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

May 20, 2018
    Houston
    Full Name:
    One4torque
    Tt- glad the car ended up in good hands.

Gated swaps are a real trigger point for some.... car cancel culture exists.... I was accused of being a shill for the company

I’m sure if we all met face to face we would just talk cars!

14. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    And maybe some food!

15. imahorse

imahorse F1 Rookie
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 25, 2017
    WI
    Full Name:
    Dustin
    I'm down for food! I'm happy you are happy with the car and I still think it is a really cool idea. Many of us just have a bad taste in our mouths from how some of the EAG associates handled themselves in other social media groups while the car was being made. That being said, I haven't seen those people posting anymore, so perhaps it was a learning experience. Either way, once again, congratulations!

mwstewart likes this.
  16. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Haha thanks man!

17. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    2 years later the scud doesn't miss a beat. it's as exhilarating as it was when I got her. Since 2020 it has been back to EAG for some updated goodies and i have put a valved S line on her. The car is complete and I've grown to love the red/black seats. I also upgraded the sound system with goodies from scuderia auto and time to time i do have Bluetooth calls from it.
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

f355spider, Kevin Rev'n, QSA and 2 others like this.
  18. CW5150

CW5150 Karting

Sep 8, 2022
    Full Name:
    David Hansen
    Wow. Awesome

19. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Thanks! Its 1 of 3 now i think!

20. f355spider

f355spider F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

May 29, 2001
    USA
    Has the issue with the mannetino been resolved? Does the car have functional ABS, suspension, traction control and throttle changes through the mannetino?
    If not, at what settings are they fixed at?

21. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Yes everything works, has for a while!

f355spider likes this.
  22. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Anyone know of details on the one on BaT?

23. ttforcefed

Rossa Subscribed

Aug 22, 2002
    Its an EAG car and everything works as they figured out the manettino stuff on my car.

G. Pepper likes this.
  24. RedNeck

RedNeck F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 8, 2016
    The CSA
    Full Name:
    Me
    I wonder if this one will go for $1 million ;)

imahorse likes this.
  25. Audipwr1

Audipwr1 Karting

Apr 6, 2017
    Don’t like it cut the console / if goes for under market I’ll buy it and convert it back. Will see

DeTomasoGTS74 and one4torque like this.