10 Years after the Forza Shootout Article | FerrariChat

10 Years after the Forza Shootout Article

Discussion in 'Boxers/TR/M' started by buzzm2005, Nov 28, 2020.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. buzzm2005

buzzm2005 Formula 3

Aug 23, 2005
    NYC
    Full Name:
    Buzz
    In the winter of 2010, I started a thread here to see if a 365 and a 512 carb owner would partner with me (512i) in a "swap keys" excursion in upstate NY. We organized it and Tom Yang and Dom Milano turned it into a superb Forza article, complete with pix and current and historical perspectives. It is Forza #109, May 2011 but the action took place nearly a year earlier on the Taconic Parkway in New York.

Ten years later, I still smile when I think of the setup. Everything was email and cell phone right up to THE DAY we all met each other in person for the first time to do the road filming and drive each other cars. We just exchanged keys and laughed and said "OK, here goes!" and drove away. And at the next waypoint, did the same. And then compared notes at David's home at end-of-day. The cars ran great; the company was better.

How could three strangers come together over the Internet to do this?
    Without contracts? Without NDAs?
    Without supplemental insurance and waivers?
    Without actually knowing each other?

It's actually very simple: love, respect, and trust. Three different things:
    1. We love our Boxers. And all Boxers....
    2. We respect each others love for their own car and to keep it safe (very important!)
    3. We trusted each other to observe #1 and #2

Let's all try to embrace all three going into 2021. In everything we do,

Image Unavailable, Please Login

Supernaut, JrBucksco, EZORED and 2 others like this.
  2. Supernaut

Supernaut Karting

Dec 3, 2019
    Annapolis MD
    Full Name:
    John Panek
    Wonderful! Inspires me to accelerate my search and purchase for my first Ferrari. Also ordering back issues of Forza and adding this one to the list.