AUS - 100 Octane in Austin? | FerrariChat

AUS 100 Octane in Austin?

Discussion in 'Texas' started by PMiranda, Sep 22, 2022.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. PMiranda

PMiranda Formula Junior

Jul 23, 2004
    Austin, TX
    I've seen Sunoco 100 near San Antonio and other cities but nothing around town here. Maybe on amateur race weekends the station inside COTA will have it and be accessible but otherwise I might end up ordering 54 gallon drums but shipping is not cheap on them.
    Anyone seen it for public sale here?

2. Dal308

Dal308 Karting
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 4, 2014
    Coppell, TX
    Full Name:
    Dude
    VP Fuels is headquartered in San Antonio. I'm sure they can refer you to a local dealer. They have their own truck that comes to Dallas a couple times a month, I'm sure they deliver drums to Austin also so you might be able to buy that direct and get it delivered.
    We use Sonoco Standard and VP-110 interchangeably at the track......specific gravity is almost exactly the same. Of course, compare the oxygen content of the two fuels in your case also. Talk to their engineers at VP and they can give you an equivalent. Nothing against Sonoco, but in your case, it might be easier. Lots of tracks have a Sonoco contract, but it seems like VP is sold more through local dealers. At least in Texas.

BigTex likes this.
  3. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Sunoco is in South Houston (which is a city, not the south of the City of Houston)......anyway, if you need a few drums, I could bring them up.

They miss me Tiesday nights, at El Mercado on South First!!!

4. Ryan S.

Ryan S. Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 20, 2004
    I’ve seen people fueling up cars at the lakeway airport with 100 but is that ok for cars?

The Randall’s in lakeway also has ethanol free but not 100.