118 PRSS option | FerrariChat

118 PRSS option

Discussion in 'California/Portofino/Roma' started by Jeff3545, Sep 4, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    SF Bay Area and South Florida
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    Hello,
    I’m looking at a 2016 California T and on the build sheet there is an interesting option
    Sequence 118, PRSS, Press Car

At the risk of missing what would be an obvious answer, what is this option?

2. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    mystery solved. The car was built for an executive at Ferrari.

3. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    ^I thought press cars were tricked out with lots of options. If so, very cool. The dealer I bought my Cali from claimed it started life as a show car in the NYC Ferrari store. I always assumed this was salesman bravado, but your makes me wonder! Congrats on the new car, and welcome to F-chat...T

4. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    I have not committed to buying the car and, honestly, I would like some confirmation that Ferrari does in fact label their executive cars as Press Cars. I’m not very interested in buying a press/demo car... they get driven pretty hard.

5. Jeff3545

Jeff3545 Karting

Sep 4, 2018
    Full Name:
    Jeff Nolan
    update: I did end up buying a California T, but not the PRSS car. I found an even lower mileage car for sale in NY that had a slightly better option package (no PRSS!) and was priced a $4k above the Florida car. The thing that put me over the edge on the NY car is, in addition to only 1,340 miles, it was sold, serviced, and traded in at the same dealership. The Florida car had never been titled but the carfax had service work on it in Michigan and the car was bought by the dealer, so who knows where it had been.

6. tomc

tomc Two Time F1 World Champ

Apr 13, 2014
    DFW, Texas
    Full Name:
    Tom C
    Congratulations! Post up some pics of your new ride...T

7. 09Scuderia

09Scuderia Formula 3

Nov 20, 2011
    USA
    Full Name:
    Max
    the cool thing about the press car/ executive car is that YOU would of need the first registered owner. Maybe that matters, maybe not. Matters to Ferrari.

8. Texas2step

Texas2step Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Mar 25, 2018
    Full Name:
    Bola olusola
    Are you saying that being the first registered owner carries more weight for your pedigree with Ferrari?

9. mobinakhtar

mobinakhtar Karting

Jan 28, 2015
    Yes and No - Ordering a V12 Ferrari puts existing owners at top of the list and they get their order first as compared to first time Ferrari buyers per my sales rep.

Also you have to own a V12 Ferrari currently to order any and all special-order Ferraris such a LaFerrari.

Apparently same rule did/does not apply to California/Portofino or the v8 sports line such as 458/488.

I am the second owner of my Cali - and my sales rep keeps pushing me to place an order for a Portofino which he promises can be delivered in 3-5 months as of now.

Texas2step likes this.