$127K 07' Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano | Page 7 | FerrariChat

$127K 07' Ferrari 599 GTB Fiorano

Discussion in 'Ad Archives' started by MASR04, Jan 16, 2016.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. henryr

henryr Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    the right buyer will come along

the > $100k crowd is a tough market

2. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    he has it priced fairly

no need to play games

3. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    You're getting fantastic advice. Take it.

Why you continue to make your job harder and insist on selling a $127,000 vehicle with meaningful cosmetic defects is the Ferrarichat mystery of 2015-2016. You're already battling the following:

-early model
    -high mileage
    -numerous owners
    -remote selling location

It is not surprising that the car only seems to attract serious interest from 'unconventional' buyers.

This should be a straightforward sale of a standard, well-liked production Ferrari. It's not rocket science. I do hope you're learning something from this.

4. djjvr

djjvr Karting

Aug 16, 2014
    SFO/SAC/CPH
    I love the 599, a great looking car! Can't get over this hasn't sold. GLWS!

5. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    #155 MASR04, Feb 25, 2016
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2016
    I am learning to shed my inclination to respond to posts which identify the obvious and hurt my thread. Positive feedback has been overwhelming in comparison to the specific few who feel compelled to do otherwise.

The car is fantastic. I am available anytime to discuss this car and the paint, IF that is a huge contention for someone.

I welcome visits. We can look over Phoebe and discuss her in depth over a beer or two. I or my Father are more than happy to pick you up at the Airport (ILM) and take you directly to the car (3 miles away).

Thank you ALL for the positive support. Even to the ones who are playing Devils Advocate as I take something away from every experience.

6. meandmyredcorvette

meandmyredcorvette Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Jan 15, 2014
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Dino
    THIS CAR WILL SELL!!! DON'T GIVE UP HOPE. I WOULD EVEN CONSIDER REPAIRING PAINT AND ANY OTHER ISSUES AND RELIST AFTER WORK HAS BEEN PERFORMED. IT CAN'T BE THAT EXPENSIVE AND THE ROI WILL BE MUCH GREATER AS YOU CAN ASK MORE ESPECIALLY WITH SPRING AROUND THE CORNER OR DO NOTHING AND CAR WILL SELL REGARDLESS.

7. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Got some feelers out for a quote. Will update soon.

8. vrdjs

vrdjs Karting

Oct 28, 2013
    Los Angeles, CA
    It's been my experience that there is always one person out there who finds the need to say something nasty, no matter what the thread is about. It happens every time I post something no matter how innocuous. I think that your attitude is AMAZING. This has been a really difficult time and you are handling it with grace and intelligence. That's just my 2 cents. And I do feel your pain. I tried to sell my 2015 California for 6 months and never got close. Your car is gorgeous. Hang in.

9. 10FerrariCATX

10FerrariCATX Karting

Jul 24, 2015
    I can't believe it hasn't sold already! What a great car at a great price! I would think at auction you could get very close your ask price. Anyways, GLWS!

10. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Those are kind words and help me more than you know sir! Many thanks for encouragement brother!

11. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I agree with the advice to fix it up a bit but Im afraid you won't likely achieve much over what you're asking now. Its just the market. So to my mind fix it up = sell it faster.

12. henryr

Silver Subscribed

Nov 10, 2003
    Atlanta
    Full Name:
    Juan Sánchez Villa-L
    wonder if 115k buys it...

13. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    No one has ever called me complaining about what we are discussing. I disclosed it, price is fair..

That's why I am reluctant to repair. Plus, doesn't make a lot of sense to spend "X" amount of dollars and then charge double because I did it myself.

I can promise this community, I am not loosing another $00.10 on this vehicle as I am already out $10k..

14. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Can't HATE you for DREAMING~!!!

15. arizonaitalian

arizonaitalian F1 World Champ
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    I've avoided this conversation despite following it all along. Fwiw (likely the zero you are paying for it), my advice is to remove as many selling objections/questions as you can when presenting anything to the market. Time is money literally, so it does cost you something to keep the car economically. Helping buyers say "this car is right" and then haggle of price is how it should work. Not the inverse (meaning "the price is right", now let me see if I can get comfortable with the things that I have questions about).

As you have seen, you haven't had objections to the price by and large...so it ain't price that is keeping it from selling...color limits the market for these cars (some folks want red, some don't want black) and then mileage takes out another big slice of potential buyers. So, like it or not, the universe of buyers for a high(er) mileage, black Ferrari is not as big as for a low mileage, red Ferrari. (we used to see it most notably in the scud market where black was nearly un-sale-able for a period of time and even when it did sell it was for a fair bit less than red). So, you can't do anything about the color or the mileage...which leaves us with "what can you do" to maximize your market appeal and speed the sale process...anyways, you are hearing this from obviously well intentioned folks...there is nothing in it for us to post this except to try to get you to think about it.

16. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    True. But, you should think about what it will be worth in a year if you can't sell it before then. How long have you had it on the market? How much do you think annual depreciation is on a 599 right now? Not that I would do anything with that knowledge right now, I think part of your delay in getting it sold is the "winter" timing. We are entering the so-called "peak" season from now until summer...so, it could sell in the next few months...

17. Dave rocks

Dave rocks F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Nov 23, 2012
    Orchard Park, NY
    Full Name:
    Dave Lelonek
    FWIW, if I bought a 599 (and I plan to at some point), I'd only buy a black one. To me, black is the best looking color but obviously that is subjective.

A buyer is out there for this car and it will sell. Good luck, Sean :)

18. arizonaitalian

Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 29, 2010
    Wyoming
    yeah, obviously some folks like black, that's why there were ordered that way in the first place. Its been shown many times over that it is a bit harder to sell than red (as are the other colors. I happen to like the blues and grigios personally, and I prefer some miles on my used Ferrari's. One just has to know that resale will generally take more time for non red, non-low mile cars.

19. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Thank you for your response and criticism. Spring is near. I am interested to see if that changes anything as so many others are stating..

599 is done depreciating. I think the F-Car Market as a whole is done depreciating.

We have all been part of history. I will be able to say that I once bought a 328 for $32k. I will also most likely feel sick to my stomach that I did not keep her.

Hahahah

20. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    The excellent advice continues to pour in.

Beauty is why many pay the premium for a Ferrari. For some, the cosmetic issues are dealbreakers. Since you're (rightly) disclosing the problems up front, you'll never receive offers from these people.

I think Ferrarichat is a fantastic resource for the seller. The leads here tend to be well-qualified and are in tune with the market (for better or for worse). However, it's a small pool. For that reason, it's in your best interest to make a great first impression with your vehicle. I think you failed here.

I believe your best path forward is to address the cosmetics ASAP and hold on until driving season (if you can afford to do so). If you need to sell now, acknowledge the market conditions and begin to slowly adjust your price (and not upwards ;)).

21. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Listen to yourself: You say I failed in making a great first impression. I made an unbelievable first impression because she is under priced, I pointed out her flaws & gave her a fresh service.

Congratulations in being the first person to deeply offend me. An accurately described advertisement with FULL DISCLOSURE over the internet which instills trust and genuineness is anything but failing.

Please do not comment on my thread for the remaining period in which it takes to sell. Thank you in advance.

22. makethemsaywow

makethemsaywow Karting

Mar 24, 2015
    SF, CA
    Your first impression was your original September "For Sale" post that was deleted. After receiving the same feedback relentlessly, you created this thread - a marked improvement.

I don't mince words. My feedback is meant to be constructive; use it any way you prefer or don't use it at all.

As you requested, this is my final post on your thread. I wish you the best of luck in this endeavor.

23. GTS Bruce

GTS Bruce Pisses in your Cheerios

Oct 10, 2012
    Orchard Park NY
    Full Name:
    Bruce Roche
    It's just a lousy time of the year to be selling but a very good time to be buying and or ball busting over little shi*. Everything up north is locked away under wraps. Why not take it off the market. Put it back out there late April early May when everyone is looking to buy,trade get out again on the roads. Counting days to warmer temps and strong rains to wash the salt away. Bought my 575 just before Christmass and before that hammered a dealer during a snow storm,roads closing down when I bought my previous car viper gts end of January. Just wait it out,maybe fix the minor stuff and jack the price to $145. Then tell the people that want it for 127 to bugger off. GTS Bruce

24. MASR04

MASR04 Formula 3

Feb 20, 2013
    Eastern NC
    Full Name:
    Sean
    Bruce,

Thanks for the proverbial pat on the back sir. Can't take this down, not sure if I would. But I do understand the purpose of doing so.

25. Caeruleus11

Caeruleus11 F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Jun 11, 2013
    I've got to tell you, I don't think your car is underpriced. I think its fairly priced. But I also think what the poster means about first impression is the paint and bumper fit should be addressed. I think people generally expect a certain level of fit and finish when looking at an exotic. So while you have made a great impression with your forthrightness the car makes an OK impression. I think you want the car to make a great impression. Just my 2 cents.