12V sockets for emergency light | FerrariChat

12V sockets for emergency light

Discussion in 'Mondial' started by syata, Jul 25, 2018.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    I have a 1988 Mondial CAB. I found the 12v socket in the glove box. I saw a photo of another socket up front next to the head light pod on a coupe --- I do not have a socket in that location.

Can someone please tell me where the 12V sockets are on the Mondial CAB. I assume there is one under the bonnet and one in the engine compartment.

I also read there is one under the driver side dash but I did not see one there in my 1986 Mondial CAB either.

So if there were installed by the factory, then maybe a previous owner took them out...why, who knows.

Is there a safety cover/cap for the cigarette light? Mine is exposed and to use it you pull the light slightly up, I guess with a cigarette in it. I wonder if the lighter was meant to be exposed like this.

I really don't like the glove box operation on the Mondial in that you need to have the ignition key in and either on accessory on or ignition on.

2. greyboxer

greyboxer F1 World Champ

Dec 8, 2004
    South East
    Full Name:
    Jimmie
    I don't know about Mondials but my recollection is no other Ferrari of that era had more than one socket so your assumptions are probably incorrect

3. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    What does your handbook say?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    Mine has 2: One in the glove box and one in the front next to the headlight. See pic.

IIRC, coupes have one in the front of the engine compartment, cabs don't have this one due to the room the top takes up back there.
    Alden
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

ronfrohock likes this.
  5. syata

syata Formula Junior

Feb 23, 2017
    Thank you.

Weird, my owner manual does not show the sockets besides the one in the glove box. I do not have a 12V socket in the front - hence maybe the 1988 CAB did not have any installed. I will check the engine compartment but do not think there is one either since the owner manual does not show any there.

Stephen

6. ronfrohock

ronfrohock F1 Rookie
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Aug 16, 2004
    MA
    Full Name:
    Ron Frohock
    I have an 88 Cab also and I have the same as pictured.

I think the key required to open the glove box and trunk was a security thing. Otherwise anyone could open it.

Sent from my iPad using FerrariChat.com mobile app

Il Steeg likes this.
  7. Alden

Alden F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 25, 2010
    Central Florida
    I have an '88 cab with the socket shown in pic. No cabs have one in the front of the engine compartment, no room with the folding top. I have seen '88 cabs like mine with and without the one next to the right headlight bracket. Chalk it up to "Italian assembly practices and a hand built car."
    Alden

8. StuR

StuR Formula Junior

Jun 14, 2005
    UK Buckinghamshire
    Full Name:
    Stu R
    Did the one socket cars get a longer cable?!?!?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

9. Cadillacbart

Cadillacbart Formula Junior

Nov 26, 2013
    Denver, CO
    Full Name:
    John
    So both Alden and Ron have one near the passenger headlight? I also have an 88 and do not have this one, just the glove box socket.