13367 Daytona competition | Page 2 | FerrariChat

13367 Daytona competition

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by gte250, Feb 27, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    #26 tomgt, Mar 5, 2004
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    #27 tomgt, Mar 5, 2004
  3. gte250

gte250 Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Alwin Hietbrink
    Does anyone have more nice photos of the car from Lemans 1974 or 1975.
    Car is in my shop for restoration.

4. gte250

gte250 Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Alwin Hietbrink
  5. Jeff Kennedy

Jeff Kennedy F1 Veteran
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Oct 16, 2007
    Edwardsville, IL
    Full Name:
    Jeff Kennedy

Ken Starbird, owner of the Daytona, did an article in the Ferrari Owners Club publication describing how bthey did the race. I remember one portion of the story was how Otto Zipper had established a target lap time and one of the drivers had difficulty running times that slow. Don't know if I still have a copy of the magazine.

As for the McRoberts and Nichols car there was a Ferrari Owners Club gathering when these two Century City attorneys gave a hilarious description of how they came to the idea that racing a Daytona was a good idea; lots of tequila shooters were the culprit.

Jeff

6. gte250

gte250 Karting

Feb 25, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Alwin Hietbrink
    #31 gte250, Apr 12, 2008
    busy with the last details
    Does anyone have a good photo of the cheese lady (fromages de hollande) on the bonnet and rear of the car.
    The owner would like to have all 1974 stickers back on the car. Maybe some fchatter have a good photo. Any help is appreciated.
    regards
    Alwin Hietbrink
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

7. BIGHORN

BIGHORN In Memoriam

Sep 18, 2006
    FLORIDA/NEW MEXICO
    Full Name:
    JOHN F KELLY
    13367 was bought from Ferrari by Harry Jones, a FT Lauderdale Surgeon, who later sold it to Preston Henn. It was run out of Bob Cressman's shop with Al Roberts as mechanic, and Tim Stanford also worked on it. Harry drove it at LM at least twice. Prestons daughter, Bonnie, also drove it at Daytona.

Gianni Dianna (Autosport Modena) prepared the car for Ferrari,probably from a street car, as I remember it having some street car amenities on it when it arrived.

I was a Cressman customer at the time, and know ( or knew, in Harry and Bonnie's cases-they are deceased) the above participants, and not a student of Comp Daytona history, so some of these details may be wrong, but this is my recollection

I dont remember NART having anything to do with it, and kind of doubt that they did, as there was some animosity between Cressman and Chinetti.

8. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
  9. pantera gr4

pantera gr4 Rookie

Mar 18, 2006
    Paris
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
    [​IMG]

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Did anybody have information about this car ?? a comp conversion from Portugal ??

Thank you very much Tom for these news about the 1974 1975 Le mans Daytona !!!

10. pantera gr4

pantera gr4 Rookie

Mar 18, 2006
    Paris
    About this picture ..The picture was taken on the Daytona race track , but not in january .., this picture was taken during the ordeal Grand Final in september! ...at that time, the car belonged to Preston HENN
    the car was turned red!

11. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    Car was a wreck (black exterior color) and rebuilt/converted into a Comp car a few years ago. Somewhere I should have the s/n

12. URY914

URY914 Formula Junior

Feb 17, 2004
    Temple Terrace FL
    Full Name:
    Paul
    Correction: The last race of the IMSA season was known was the Finale and was held on Thanksgiving weekend.

13. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Tom, do you know how bad was the wreck and who did the conversion?

14. tomgt

tomgt F1 Veteran
    Rossa Subscribed

Feb 22, 2004
    Netherlands
    Full Name:
    Tom Wiggers
    #40 tomgt, Oct 23, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 23, 2012
    It had a very badly damaged chassis, complete bent car
    There are pics on the web.
    I don't know who did conversion into comp car but it does not look quite right imho.
    Look at the Pozzi cars; the best reference for a correct shaped comp daytona.

15. Mark Shannon

Mark Shannon Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 28, 2003
    Surrey, UK
    This car is #13383.

See pictures here: http://www.markshannon.net/solddetails.asp?StockID=1437

Mark

16. amenasce

amenasce Three Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Oct 17, 2001
    Full Name:
    Joe Mansion
    Thanks. I see it really was a wreck. Probably needing a new chassis, if yes, where would they get it?

17. TimStanford

TimStanford Karting
    Owner

Oct 10, 2005
    Ft. Lauderdale, FL
    Full Name:
    Tim Stanford
    The was the car origoanaly owned and raced by Dr Harry Jones out of Ft. Lauderdale Florida. It ran and finished Le Mans two times and several times at Sebring 12 hours and Daytona 24 hours along with a few SCCA races for Dr Jones to get his Racing liscense. Al Roberts was crew chief, Myself and several other Bob Cressman employees served as crew. After Dr. Harry the car was sold to Preston Henn and painted red. It ran at least 1 sebring 12 hour race and 1 Daytona 24 in Swap Shop colors. In my archives I have some photos of the car. I recently purchased a model of the car on ebay.