'15 Z06 with Z07 package | Page 2 | FerrariChat

'15 Z06 with Z07 package

Discussion in 'American Muscle' started by italiafan, Dec 31, 2015.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    I recommend the COW booster to remap throttle mapping...which gives instantaneous throttle response,

Works awesome on my manual corvette but it's even better with the automatic.

COW corvettes of westchester contact would be chuck. Consider it as one of the most impressive mods out there. IMO

I think it's a hundred or two hundred dollars.

Enjoy.

2. Carnut

Carnut F1 Rookie
    Rossa Subscribed

Nov 3, 2003
    Gladwyne PA
    Full Name:
    Morrie
    Thanks, I have heard of him. Already bought a second steering wheel(and a bunch of other stuff to be put in later) and sent it to DCT motorsports, will change the paddles on that one to the ST2's, and a diablo tuner. The diablo tuner from what I've heard will fix the hesitation, but I also have heard Chuck may be able to make adjustment to the 8 speed auto. Have feeling this car will not see the road again till late March at the earliest, so I will take my time doing everything.

3. Eric R

Eric R F1 Veteran
    BANNED Silver Subscribed

Nov 19, 2014
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Full Name:
    Eric R.
    I finally got to drive one of these things yesterday. It was a convertible with A8. Wow what a car. This thing rips on the highway. I do not have experience with paddle shifts so I will not say it was or was not better than PDK which I have no experience with either. I will say the shifts up and down on the highway were instant to me coming from a manual driver. This thing sounds awesome in sport and track modes too. I honestly cannot find anything really negative to say about it. Has me rethinking about getting another vette which I am trying to break from and do something different for once.

4. bigblock427

bigblock427 Rookie

Sep 26, 2015
    Edmond, OK
    Full Name:
    Brent
    OP. Great looking Vette. I have two friends with Z06's and they both really like them.

I am also a Vette owner. I am on my fourth and fifth Vettes owned. I currently have a '10 Torch Red Corvette Grand Sport and a '14 Corvette with Z51. My previous Vettes were a '96 Arctic White Corvette coupe, '02 Torch Red Z06, and an '09 Arctic White Corvette with Z51.

I plan on buying another Z06 in the future.

Enjoy your Z06.

5. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Regarding the cooling issues on track. I've heard that this is something that can be fixed with meticulous filling of the intercooler system. I have several friends that have this car on track and this is what they've done with good results.

6. k wright

k wright Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Feb 4, 2004
    North East TN
    Full Name:
    Kent Wright
    Holy moly! Just spent some time in a 2016 Z06 convertible. It is a stiff chassis, the transmission snicks into gear better than any Miata ever made and everything else is perfect.

Very much looking forward to the mid engine platform car.

7. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    #32 andrewecd, Jun 8, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
    Just drove mates Z06 1000km back to Sydney after being converted to RHD. It is a 2016 with Z07 package. It is the first 2016 to be converted to RHD here so very, very rare and boy does it get some attention! Police have pulled it over twice because they aren't supposed to exist here and just want to check it out.
    Conversion top class, with whole new dash manufactured, Everything carefully swapped over, including moving gearshift to RHS of tunnel (something even ford don't do on their factory Mustang conversions!) whole new steering rack CNC'd from billet, moving compressors to other side of engine etc.
    Torque is insane. Glad it didn't rain as the scrubbed out Sport Cup 2 would be dangerous. We have ordered another set of rims for the Super Sports ZP's for DD. Comes alive when you get aggressive with it.
    Have booked a regular track day and my 430 doesn't stand a chance! Can't wait to see their faces when this thing shows up.
    We had it in the hoist and was blown away by the FRP leaf springs! So simple.
    Here's some pic's during the conversion and now. If you look closely you will see the wheel on the right (or "wrong" for you Vette guys) side.
    Enjoy seeing a very rare Z06!!
    Image Unavailable, Please Login

8. INTMD8

INTMD8 F1 Veteran
    Owner

Jun 10, 2007
    Lake Villa IL
    Impressive conversion! ^^^

9. Nurburgringer

Nurburgringer F1 World Champ

Jan 3, 2009
    Texass
    Awesome cars, but wondering why the A pillar isn't body color?
    Doesn't look finished to me.

10. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    Good point. Never noticed!!

11. JV's89

JV's89 F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jul 18, 2006
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Full Name:
    John
    I'm not one for customizing cars, but I'd like to see a stingray with body colored trim pieces.

Mine's black, so it's close and looks great to me. Red or yellow would look great IMHO.

12. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    can anyone do fotoshop to change trim to body color?

13. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003

The corvette design team felt when the roof is off the black a pillars look better.

With the painted or tinted top they are right.

With the shocking yellow corvette with the extra cost carbon fiber weave top and the painted sides ....from the angle of the shot you might be right...but on the road and I. Person you wouldn't see that viewpoint t specific..

Hope that helps and if you were wondering yes there are vendors who sell painted a pillar plastic or carbon fiber black a pillars ...

I happen to think the car looks pretty good as is.

Lots of black and yellow which is a powerful contrast.

This is not a car for the timid or shy,

This screams ...

14. andrewecd

andrewecd Formula Junior

Dec 17, 2006
    Sydney
    Full Name:
    Andrew
    So we took the Z06 to the track. Was fun while it lasted.
    Unfortunately I overheated it as temps went through the roof when pushed hard after only a couple of laps.
    Google "overheating Z06".
    This is happening to a lot of other Z06 owners who track the car. Car went into a limp mode and cuts power.
    An instructor also had a go and he also overheated it.
    Owner drove first 20 minute session but car was fine as he is pretty slow.
    It is winter here and very cool day so no excuse for "most capable track car ever built"
    Very disappointing. Not sure what to do until GM release the fix. Lots of info on forums also about this.

15. JBsZ06

JBsZ06 Formula Junior

Dec 6, 2003
    GM has a fix for 2017 which tips the inter cooler etc....and there is supposedly a retroactive fix coming....this year...or so they say..

Awesome car.....

16. italiafan

italiafan F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Jul 19, 2006
    Full Name:
    Stickbones Swagglesmith
    Had mine on Sebring. Manual gearbox. I was pushing hard burning a gallon a lap. :)
    I did 3-4 full sessions in 90+F temps.
    Oil temp hanging just below the red markings ~280-290 or so IIRC. Not sure if power was dialed back but still hitting ~145 mph on back straight.
    Btw first time on Sebring and first time with Z06 at track and managed a 2:35 time. Not great but I was happy.
    Great car...my daily driver...love it still!
    Turns heads, gets thumbs up everywhere, guys in Chevy pickups seem to want to race the most...women grab their children and run. :)

17. Midnight Oil

Midnight Oil Formula 3
    Silver Subscribed

Jun 29, 2006
    Unacceptable, I personally would return the car, such bs as like you say, it's supposed to be a track car. And for the cost, arn't you in gt3 territory a real track car that does not overheat. I used to track and pound the living hell out of mine in 100 temps in the summer,multiple sessions per day, zero overheating, not even close

18. 95spiderman

95spiderman F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Nov 1, 2003
    ny
    z06 is between $80-100k. gt3 is $150 and are no longer available. gtr overheats same as vette. not many choices in hight power street cars if you live in hot climate

19. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I did have my nose up for a long time I only bought German, English orItalian cars. In my view they were the best drivers cars. Boy has that changed.

I gave up on English cars because I had so many problems with the cars. I hate saying that because my ancestry is English.

American cars have improved so much, My C7 Corvette is a better drivers car than my 458.

I have had fairly good experience with my Ferrari's. The 458 is to soft of a driver for me and the killer is you cannot get a manual transmission anymore. I think that was a dumb decision by somebody at Ferrari. So I will keep the 458 I own but will not buy another Ferrari. They are killing the Marque. People still buy the cars because of the name but soon people will realize the spark is gone.

My C7 Corvette is so good I went back a few months later and bought a Z/28 Comaro.

Best

Lee

20. Jaeger

Jaeger Rookie

Jul 1, 2006
    Southwest USA
    Full Name:
    Jaeger
    As I remember, you had a C-6 ZR1.

Have you compared/ contrasted it for us yet with the C-7 Z06?

21. Jaeger

Jaeger Rookie

Jul 1, 2006
    Southwest USA
    Full Name:
    Jaeger
    Is the Z/28 only for track?
    Too harsh for street?

22. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    #47 leead1, Oct 17, 2016
    Last edited: Oct 17, 2016
    My C6 ZR1 had 638 hp.I loved that car and still have nice memories of the car. The C7 is a much better drivers car and the technology has been up dated with the C7 Vette.

I bought the first C7 my dealer could get. Therefore is was a basic car, small engine without the Z51 handling treatment. My intent was to drive the basic car until the performance car became available. As I drove the car I fell in love with it! The HP power is not huge like the Z06 or 07 but it has a lot of torque. The Corvette is my every day go anywhere car.

When I looked at the higher performance model Decided to stay with the base model. If I had only one performance car I would probably opt for the higher hp model. I am fortunate to have many powerful cars in my collection. I like being able to run it through the gears and enjoy the feeling in my 460 hp Corvette.

In my view the C7 Corvette is a better drivers car than my 458 Ferrari. The interesting point is I could buy 8 Vettes for what I paid for the 458 Ferrari. I know some people will post hate mail to me but I think it is true.

To be fair one is aluminum and the other plastic, The Ferrari will be called better looking even stunning compared to the Vette, and you get more oohs and awes with the Ferrari.
    But for pure driving thrill Corvette has caught and surpassed them.

Best

Lee

23. leead1

leead1 F1 Rookie

Nov 29, 2006
    Florida
    Full Name:
    Lee
    I find the car very comfortable to ride in. The car has balloon tires . These tires must be warmed up before they have grip. In my view the cold versus warm grip is substantial.

One of the interesting points about the car is the sound. It has a deep growl and a pop when you go of the throttle.

I would consider the car as a daily driver just fine not harsh at all. I know GM markets the car as a track car and it probably is.

The only downside is the tires in the back are expensive and do not last long. To get the grip you need soft rubber and soft rubber does not have a lot of inner strength.

As a drivers car , handling only it is great. The power is adequate but no Hell cat.

Best

Lee

24. LARRYH

LARRYH F1 Veteran
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Jun 3, 2011
    virginia usa
    I really like the C7 z06 also like the new Grand sport.... might end up buying a C7 .... It is the only generation of corvette i have not yet owned...

25. wings

wings Formula Junior

Dec 13, 2003
    My 2010 ZR1 is still an awesome car today, 6 years later. Absolute beast.