My new Stradale survived!!! | FerrariChat

My new Stradale survived!!!

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by Brian C. Stradale, Apr 23, 2004.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Brian C. Stradale

Brian C. Stradale F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    [ Note most the pics in this thread were lost in the disk crash... but they are now available here. ]

About a week ago I was informed that FoD was invoiced for my Stradale... which means it has landed safely and should be put on a truck to Dallas. Yyyyeessssssss!!!

Why are you only just now hearing about it? Sorry, I didn't want to jinx it. Wanted to wait until I saw the car before I posted. (Yes, I've now seen it.)

2. dan360

dan360 F1 Rookie

Feb 18, 2003
    Boston
    Glad I'm first to congratulate you! You'll love it.

3. WJHMH

WJHMH Two Time F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 5, 2001
    Panther City, Texas
    Full Name:
    WJHMH
    Congrats Brian, glad to hear the great news. When are we going to see some pics?

:D

4. 4RE Bob

4RE Bob Formula Junior

Feb 7, 2004
    Muskoka, Ontario
    Full Name:
    Bob
    Nobody deserves this more than you. So happy for you.

5. mrmckay

mrmckay Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2003
    MD, USA
    Full Name:
    Chris
    Brian,
    That's good news! Mine is currently waiting to clear customs. ( I'm told it should clear today or Monday. ) Looks like we'll be getting our Stradales at about the time. Have you gotten a VIN for your car yet?

Regards,
    Chris

6. t88power

t88power Formula 3

Feb 19, 2001
    Puerto Rico
    Full Name:
    Ernesto
    Finally! Enjoy it!

Ernesto

7. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    I have a confession to make... I am currently not a Ferrari owner! I haven't been for a couple of weeks!

In anticipation of the survival of my Stradale this time around, I sold my beloved 360 Modena to young lady (Dallas local) who is quite passionate about cars and intends to drive it. I think its gone to a fine new home. And hopefully she'll join us for some local events... it'll be fun to get my old 360 and my new Stradale together for some pictures!! If/when that happens, you'll be sure to hear about it! (And see the pics!)

With my heavy withdrawl symptoms in full action last week, I read Keith Verges' posts on his Gallardo. Well, I greatly respect Keith and his knowledge of driving a car on a track... so his positive review got my attention. So, I had to go test drive one... just to be sure I was doing the right thing. Jonathan Peck took me for a spin in a silver Gallardo. The sample defects in this early production model were a bit embarrassing, but it performed well. Solid feel and grip on the road... awesome power... pretty sound. The looks still don't do a lot for me... and the storage is pathetic... but it does have some space behind the seats. Its fast, stable, and solid. But after thinking about it a while afterward... the absolute lust I have for the Stradale is just not there. The looks... the sound... the feel... the excitement... just not quite up to par.

So, while I could walk out with one of several Gallardos, back to waiting I went... my Stradale would be here soon...

8. Eric308gtsiqv

Eric308gtsiqv Formula 3

Nov 26, 2001
    Orange Park, Florida
    Full Name:
    Eric Eiland
    Congrats Brian...and Chris!

Brian, we're all excited that everything worked out in your favour in the end! Looking forward to those pics too. :)

9. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, after 3 1/2 years on a waiting list, I'm finally looking at the Ferrari of my dreams! The mishap in November where my Stradale didn't survive the boat trip (yeah, whatever ;) ), while oh-so-disappointing, in the end has helped me get what I really wanted... the brake adjustments, the engine compartment insulation, the 5-time champion plate (instead of 4-time), and the 50-year US emblem... and my minor adjustment to my order to put in an Alcantara headliner instead of the standard headliner... my perfect Ferrari is sitting at FoDallas.

So, its been a long wait! I'm just a bit psyched... as you can imagine.

So, what did I get? I was torn on the stripe... it is definitely cool and definitely "signature Stradale"... but I plan to keep the car a long time (forever?) and so I feared repainting the nose might require repainting the whole car, given the stripe. Further, I foresee adopting lots of different graphics, depending upon the event or situation. The stripe would limit my creativity in many ways.

I was torn on color. I love Azzuro California... but I really wanted something that said "Ferrari" a bit more (i.e., red)! But it seemed like everyone was doing Rosso Scuderia. I considered Rosso Corsa, but every other Ferrari model is dominated by that color. I love Rosso Fiorano... but couldn't figure out an Alcantara interior that would match right. Plus, then I'd have to sell my 911 (which is Arena Red... a metallic burgundy).

The answer on color actually ended up being driven by the Stradale interior. The red/black interior of the press Stradale really appealed to me... great look, a Ferrari look, and "signature Stradale". The shot of the red/black wheel and dash has been my laptop background for a long time now. So, although I skipped the "signature Stradale" stripe, I did go for the "signature Stradale" interior.

So, given the bold red interior, I needed an exterior color to match. I've always loved red with black and with gray/silver. Black is too hot in Texas (IMO). OTOH, I've truly enjoyed the past few years with my Titanium 360. Its beautiful when cleaned up; and it looks pretty good even when filthy... and given I plan to drive it a *lot*, that's a very good thing.

So, while a bit redundant, I suppose, I went with Titanium with flashes of Ferrari red: red calipers and red Alcantara interior (and red intake covers in the engine bay). A Titanium Ferrari with a heart of rossa!

I was hoping it would be ready for me to pick up Thursday evening... I could break it in that evening and night... and then head out to the track (MSRanch) on Friday. Even had a friend who was going to be out there Friday. No such luck. [frustration]

I assumed I'd be able to pick it up Friday evening... but the 3M film install took all day... so it wasn't quite ready... though I did get a good look at it Friday evening. [drool] "Where are the pics?" you ask. Ugh... I left the damned camera (both of them) on the chair at home where I had set them out specifically to bring with me to FoD to take pics... aarrgghhhh! [frustration builds]

So, I wait for tomorrow... to help pass the time, I grabbed my Owner's Manual... that's helping some... unfortunately, too much is just like my 360. My salesman Chet's advice to have a martini tonight is probably helping more. ;) Hope its not resulting in incoherent posts!! We'll see if it helps me get some sleep...

10. Tomf-1

Tomf-1 F1 Rookie

Jan 17, 2004
    Leawood KS/ South FL
    Full Name:
    Thomas
    Long at last..... Congrats on your new arrival.

11. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Way to go, my man! Let's get out the maps and start planning!

Congrats, Dale

12. GrigioGuy

GrigioGuy Splenda Daddy
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Nov 26, 2001
    E ' ' '/ F
    Full Name:
    Trailer Swift
    Congrats!

Ready to put it on a dyno? :D

13. Meeyatch1

Meeyatch1 Formula 3

Dec 28, 2003
    Low flying jet.
    Full Name:
    Mitch
    LOL!! Stay calm and cool my friend...your car will be ready for you to take it home soon. :D

14. PBRacer

PBRacer Karting

Nov 3, 2003
    Virginia
    Full Name:
    Stan
    Congrats Brian, it's been a long road, I'm sure it wil be worth every second of waiting.

Enjoy!

Stan

15. 134282

134282 Four Time F1 World Champ
    BANNED

Aug 3, 2002
    California
    Full Name:
    Carbon McCoy
    Brian, this is so awesome...! Congratulations...! i can't think of anyone else who deserves this more than you... i can't wait to see pictures... Congratulations, once again... :)

16. PCH

PCH F1 Rookie

Apr 7, 2004
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I recently purchased a Titanium 360 so I'm a BIG fan of your car and color choice.

17. albertl

albertl Formula Junior

Oct 23, 2002
    Washington
    Full Name:
    Albert
    Knowing that the car is at the dealer and having to wait to pick it up is agony. I know, I asked FOS to wait to detail the car so I could have it Friday night instead of having to wait for Monday.

Congrats and post thse pictures soon.

18. thomas_b

thomas_b Formula Junior

Sep 15, 2003
    You better take some tranquilizer tomorrow – first hour I had my CS back excitement took over an I did have it in my favorite position - completely sideways – but in a not so appropriate place – did get pulled over and yelled at; cop looked the car over; said that I am lucky because he had another task to do; drove off – go figure – the car is the ultimate go-cart; you will enjoy it – nothing like driving it in race mode & ASR off & windows down & rpm > 5000

19. ChuckEBaby

ChuckEBaby Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Nov 7, 2003
    Seattle
    Full Name:
    Chuck
    Congrats Brian…. The wait is over!
    You are, NOW truly, Brian C. Stradale!!

20. tritone

tritone F1 Veteran
    Silver Subscribed

Dec 8, 2003
    On the Rock
    Full Name:
    James
    well, actually Brian - your thread title does say "survived" not "arrived" !
    was that maybe too many martinis??

then again, given your particular delivery history, maybe that's just what you did mean.......

whatever, enjoy the CS in great health
    james

21. Brian C. Stradale

Lifetime Rossa

Mar 17, 2002
    Dallas, TX, USA
    Well, I've been watching F1 Practice and F1 Decade... MS winning then and now... but what am I thinking about?

Goals for my Stradale:

• To reach the mileage limit of my warranty before the time limit.
    • To have the highest mileage Stradale in the world (I have some
      catching up to do).
    • To have a huge number of track miles, and prove that Ferrari
      makes way better carbon brakes than that Pee-marque (please
      let that be true! ;) ).
    • To hit every great track in the US.
    • To show at every great Ferrari event in the US.
    • And to document it all here on Ferrarichat!! :D

May take a few years... but it'll be fun trying to get it all in. :D

Okay, I admit it... I am dwelling... like a six-year-old on Christmas eve... pathetic, really... :rolleyes:

22. 720

720 F1 Rookie

Jul 14, 2003
    So. Cal and No. Utah
    Full Name:
    Rick
    i was concerned about problems with rock chips and maintaining the stripe also. i called david freed at premier motorsports in los angeles to get his thoughts. i told him i wanted the stripe, but was worried about having to repaint the entire car if any part of the stripe was ever damaged. he told me not to worry at all. he said they could easily handle any damage/repainting without problems. that was good to hear :)

23. 456mgt

456mgt Formula Junior

Mar 24, 2002
    Cambridge UK
    Full Name:
    Kevin
    Well done Brian- I'm so pleased for you. These last few days wait is a real killer and really messes with your head. This car is well worth the wait though- it'll blow you away. You will forget all the pain the moment you settle in the drivers seat, twist the key, press the brake pedal and hit 'START'. Oh yes..

Kevin

24. rob lay

rob lay Administrator
    Staff Member Admin Miami 2018 Owner

Dec 1, 2000
    Southlake, TX
    Full Name:
    Rob Lay
    Brian, that is just awesome! I ran up to FoD yesterday afternoon as I had a little time off. I didn't get to see the car as I didn't know it was there. I think I ran into Mr. Risi, but since I've never been formerly introduced, I just said "Hello Sir". :) I would love to have a longer conversation with Mr. Risi someday. With Ferrari and racing in common, I'm sure we could talk about something.

Anyway, if the rain stops, I'm taking the Challenge out to MSR Sunday afternoon. My rains aren't in yet, that's why I need some dry pavement.

Congrats! I'm excited for you.

25. Lukas

Lukas Formula Junior

Dec 28, 2003
    Santa Barbara
    Full Name:
    Lukas A. Niklasson
    your color combination sound really great Brian! I love the idea of titanium as main color and then red brakes, interior! What color was your old 360, same combination?
    Looking forward to see some nice pics of your baby!

Lukas