15K & 30K | FerrariChat

15K & 30K

Discussion in 'Ferrari Discussion (not model specific)' started by lawwdog, Dec 14, 2003.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    I'm looking at getting another car. I have the opportunity to buy a 97 F355 with 16,000 miles. I need opinions: The 15K was done approximately 1 year ago. By Ferrari specs, this car is due for a 30K major only because of the 7 year time frame.

Does the recent 15K move this 7 year window and 30K time frame out for a longer period?

Mario

P.S. The 15K is documented from a Ferrari Dealer

P.S.S. I know this should go in the other forum..I usually don't get as many responses there.

2. henryk

henryk Formula Junior

Dec 9, 2003
    Door County, WI
    No. The big thing in the 15K service is the adjustment of the valves. Hence I would delete doing this on the 30K service. One then only has to replace the belts, and tensioner bearings.

Check to see if the valve adjustment WAS done........new valve cover gaskets would be seen on the order slip. Also, check to make sure the water pump was serviced, with new seals, etc. If not, then add that to the 30K list.

I am surprised that they didn't change the belts last year, due to the time interval!!!!!!!!!!! If they did, then leave the car alone for another 30K miles.

3. lawwdog

lawwdog Formula 3

Dec 4, 2002
    Northern California
    Full Name:
    Mario
    henryk,

The belts and tensioners were not replaced...just the standard 15K and a new clutch.

So it looks like a 30K engine out is due next year. (Or due in a month or two)

Thanks

4. Mitch Alsup

Mitch Alsup F1 Veteran

Nov 4, 2003
    No, a 15K on a 355 is spark plugs, ignition wires, filters, and fluids. F355 valves are hydraulic and are not adjusted.

A 30K, is an engine out belt, and anything else that they find wrong. At 7 years, you should consider changing all the rubber parts, hoses, water pump, give the engine bay a complete detail job,....