16M stage 90 | Page 2 | FerrariChat

16M stage 90

Discussion in 'South Central - USA (TN, MS, AL, GA)' started by robert biscan, Apr 8, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Mpm277

Mpm277 Karting

Jan 5, 2009
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Full Name:
    Michael Merren
    Then maybe it'll be at cars and coffee saturday???? :):)

2. Freelander

Freelander Formula Junior

Aug 3, 2007
    Kentucky
    Full Name:
    Travis R.
    Then maybe I'll pee a little when I see it???:)

3. Mpm277

Mpm277 Karting

Jan 5, 2009
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Full Name:
    Michael Merren
    haha.. that seriously made me lol for quite a while

4. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I hope I pee when I see it. It will be next week.

5. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I will also test drive the California they have there when I pick up the 16m. More pee??

6. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    I will drive you down in the LP if you pick a nice day and we can have a fun drive home!

7. Mpm277

Mpm277 Karting

Jan 5, 2009
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Full Name:
    Michael Merren
    I would pay a ridiculous amount of money (if I had it) to tag along on that ride lol

8. swilliams

swilliams Formula 3

Jun 14, 2006
    Bowling Green, KY
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #33 swilliams, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    The cops would have a hay-day with you two :)

Oh and if this trip happens pic/video of the way home or ban!!!!!!

9. Lanikai

Lanikai Formula Junior

Dec 18, 2003
    Atlanta, GA
    Full Name:
    Will Campbell
    Bob, we'll have a box of Depends on hand, just in case. Your car looks terrific.

10. BAKY

BAKY Formula 3

May 23, 2007
    USA
    Full Name:
    Bobby
    #35 BAKY, Jun 5, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2009
    Im not skeered! :) In fact I think we should make it a big group trip...it would be a blast! Our own mini Gumball run!

Bob? Bob?

11. rossocorsa13

rossocorsa13 F1 Rookie

Jun 10, 2006
    Nashville, Tennessee
    Full Name:
    M
    If there is any chance of Bob peeing his pants then the pick-up absolutely MUST be documented. :)

Dude, I'm excited for you. Test-drivin' the Cali too? Too cool.

A Lambo trip would be special.

And would make a hell of a spectacle on the way back...

:):)

12. CavalloRosso

CavalloRosso Formula 3

Jul 12, 2007
    Atlanta, GA/Vail, CO
    Full Name:
    SVO
    Bob, your car is absolutely gorgeous. VERY VERY nice taste.

13. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    Thanks for the kind words. Steven did send me a couple of shots of it.

14. Mpm277

Mpm277 Karting

Jan 5, 2009
    Bowling Green, Ky
    Full Name:
    Michael Merren
    Can't wait to see it!

15. Smyrna355Spider

Smyrna355Spider F1 Rookie
    Owner Silver Subscribed

Feb 9, 2008
    In my Garage
    Full Name:
    Scott
    #40 Smyrna355Spider, Jun 8, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 8, 2009
    Bob great news I will be in Chattanooga on Tuesday and I am willing to go to atlanta to swing by FOA and bring the 16 back for you. Just give them a call and let them know I'll be picking it up for you. I should be able to get back to Nashville by no later than Saturday!! :D

16. lotusboy

lotusboy Formula Junior

Nov 15, 2003
    Madison,Wi.
    Full Name:
    Kevin Geiwitz
    Bob, I just saw a red one at a show we just had. The car was unbelivable and the sound is so much nicer than a 430s.

17. 355lover

355lover Rookie

May 21, 2009
    Smyrna, TN
    Full Name:
    James
    I check this thread about 5 times a day waiting to see if your car has come in, Robert! I'm really excted for you, and I can't wait to see your pics once you get it.

All this wait is killin' me... I can't imagine what it's like for you!

18. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    #43 robert biscan, Jun 10, 2009
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2009
    The wait is over, finally. Picked her up from my favorite car dealer about 5pm. Got there before and was watching the clear bra go on and the guy is good. It turned out nice and a lot better that my 599. The car has an option for a carbon fiber sill under the door. It is a great big piece that extends under the door to the air intake at the rear. Pictures will be posted as soon as I can. It looks like a race car without the number on it. I was surprised at how it looked and I got to get a little used to it. The car is not subdued but bright and flashy. To think I almost got black!! I will be curious to see what will be the opinion of the guys around here and into Kentucky that we pal around with.
    The car is not louder than my last one with the Capristo on it. It is a very good system for stock and I'm pleased with the way it sounds and pops and gargles. The seat is lower than the other car and I like that a lot better. You sit down in the car and it is better from a wind in you face stand point. The sound insulation is missing and it's that race car deal and I could immediately tell the suspension is tighter and you feel a lot of the road. That is also better for what I want in the car. The shifting and overall speed is faster than the 430 and I can tell the car would be too much fun at a track. It makes everyday driving exciting. I ran it down the interstate before parking it in the garage and it runs good. It makes me think of what a F40 would be like except new and faster I think. Don't hold me to that F40 comment. I think I will grow to really want to drive this car a lot and really enjoy it. It is such a nice car overall that it will be hard for Ferrari to beat. This car is a different breed from what I had in the past and as you know I liked them all. I like the front bumper so much as it looks purposeful. I chose leather for the seating due to wear and tear over the years. The seats look great and I chose the red stitching all over that ties it in with the red steering wheel. Had to have it because of the 599 wheel. I love having that red wheel in my hands and it is so pleasant. This car has the shifter lights in the steering wheel just like the 599 and they do work. This car is not for everyone and maybe not one to go cross country in but that's not what I wanted. It is a feel good thing to hop in and listen to the car work. I can see why other owners rave about the car. The 430 is the best so far and the 16m is just a little better. I don't think the car will ever get lost in a crowd and it is a one of a kind for sure.
    Well it is nearly 12 midnight and I better get to sleep soon. I guess I'm at stage 100 now and the car is home in the garage and tomorrow is another day. I bet this baby will draw attention like the black lambo I had. I went out to eat and cars were pulling in to look at it that were driving by. Many shots were taken on the drive home and I saw a lot of smiling faces with great big grins on their faces as they waved to me and gave me the thumbs up.
    I forgot to mention that I like the way the exhaust exits the rear of the car which is on the Scud as well. It really looks neat. The bypass valves have been unpluged for maximum music. Lots of nice little details all over the car and the engine bay is impressive in appearance as well. Cabron fiber all over the place. I think the guys at FOA had to be wondering about the car when it came off the truck because it is just so out there. It has to be one of the wildest cars they ever delivered. I think they are still shaking their heads.
    As always it was a pleasure to deal with all my friends at FOA again. I was so pleased to see Mr. Stewart look so good today and be in such a good mood with all he has to deal with. He is a peach of a guy. Steven has enough money now that he can get a hair cut and was charming as always. It is good to see him. I have know him since the concrete plant site of FOA. He sold me 7 new cars over the years. Will and Tom thanked me and congratulated me on the car and as a business owner it is always to let your customers know that you appreciate you business. That was a good feeling and it was nice that they took the time to speak to me. The parts guys sold me a few more things that I just had to have and are always great to deal with. I miss the receptionist as she was a big part of my FOA life but things happen hopefully for a reason but I hate to see her go. The showroom was impecable and the cars they had were cherry. One 430 spyder only had a little over 400 miles for 219k. I think it was new in every regard. The yellow Scud was also very nice. If I didn't mention Kevin or Mark it's because I'm sleepy. I need to send them a little treat for getting the car in such nice shape.
    I may have a future in sales as I almost closed a sale on a 612 as I was loading my 16m to come home. I got them up to 90% and I thought they might sign up right before I pulled out. I'm betting they will be back.
    Last by not least I drove the California. The drive train is the best. It shifts so fast you can hardly believe it. Turns sharply, good torque,good hp as well. I even had to fill out a questionare for Ferrai to evaluate. The interior is really nice and the hard top works like a charm. I think the car looks better with the top up.

19. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Congrats on such a car! I can't wait to see it.

Any pics?

20. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    I almost called you last nite as I was driving home. I want some of those special lens or filter photos you take sometime when we can get together and of course a ride.

21. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    It was murder but now it's over. Those Italians strung it out. I should of got the car a month ago.

22. robert biscan

robert biscan F1 Veteran

Jan 17, 2003
    Nashville and Palm b
    Full Name:
    robert s biscan
    It is a very nice car and the sound is just right.

23. 355lover

355lover Rookie

May 21, 2009
    Smyrna, TN
    Full Name:
    James
    Congratulations! Thanks for sharing that story, it was a good read! Can't wait for pics!

24. ItaliaF1

ItaliaF1 F1 Veteran

Aug 28, 2005
    Nashville,TN
    Full Name:
    John Burrow
    Sounds great! Call me any time.

25. StoryBook

StoryBook F1 Rookie
    Lifetime Rossa Owner

Mar 1, 2003
    PNW
    Full Name:
    MPL
    Congrats on a spectacular car. Can't wait to see the pics.

Did you get a chance to hear the car with the valves plugged before you unplugged it?? A big difference?

Kz