#1855... | FerrariChat

#1855...

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Randy Forbes, Apr 18, 2009.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Does this car (or chassis plate) exist on a finished car today? Candidate for a recreation, maybe?

The reason I ask, is because I recently came across a clipped ad from the mid-to mid-late 70s (76-77?).

I quote: A FERRARI for $150.00? (Year 195?). 250 GTF Cabriolet,serial #1855. The car is only a rough body and frame. The left front is salvagable, and the left rear quarter is very good. End quote.

I picked this out of either an FAF catalog, or a regular monthly FCA newsletter. The car was located in perhaps, Marin Co., and I was living in SF at the time, so I optimistically called the guy. While quite friendly with me on the phone, he didn't believe the car was worth saving at the time, having taken the usable parts for (IIRC) his PF Coupe.

2. trkevin

trkevin Formula Junior

Nov 3, 2003
    Belgium
    Full Name:
    K. Blommaert
    Don't know about the car, but engine 1855 GT was offered at the Maranello auction by RM Auctions last year.

Best regards

Kevin

3. thepinkumbrella

thepinkumbrella F1 Veteran

Feb 26, 2006
    United Kingdom
    In 1976 250 GT California # 0923 GT was present at the Monterey Historics & Pebble Beach Concours fitted with engine 1855 GT.

Paul

4. Randy Forbes

Randy Forbes Formula Junior

Jul 14, 2006
    Sarasota, FL
    Full Name:
    Sports Cars Plus,LLC
    Thanks guys, there was no doubt that I would get an answer.

Does anyone have a ballpark figure on what the engine hammered at, and what condition it was in?