1962 250 GT/E parts sourcing | FerrariChat

1962 250 GT/E parts sourcing

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by drew1295, Dec 14, 2017.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. drew1295

drew1295 Rookie

Nov 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Hello everyone! My name is Andrew and I am a new member here! Im very excited to expand my knowledge base on these vintage Ferrari's and provide any feedback i can from my experiences. Im fairly new to the realm of vintage Ferrari's and am still learning a lot. Im a private mechanic and have been recently tasked with going through my Boss' 1962 250 GT/E. Overall the car is in great shape but has a few issues that he has asked me to take care of. Currently im working on the fuel gauge and fuel level sending unit. The gauge is stuck on about a 1/4 tank and doesn't move. I pulled the sending unit out of the tank through the rear deck and tested it and seems to be the faulty part. Where can i find a replacement unit?? Ive done all kinds of searching but have turned up nothing. Thanks in advance for any info and i will respond as i can!

gimmea250swb likes this.
  2. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    I used John Wolf & Co. in Willoughby, Ohio to fix mine. It was about $200 a couple of years ago. He did very nice work. The float looks different, but looks like it will last longer.

3. tomberlin

tomberlin Formula Junior
    Silver Subscribed

Apr 9, 2005
    Bethesda
    Full Name:
    tom berlin
    I've used Palo Alto Speedometer many times for all sorts of Ferrari gauge repair, including a sending unit, and have always been happy with their work.

4. TerryG!

TerryG! Karting

Feb 12, 2017
    Central UK
    Tom W - is Andrew's boss signed up to the 250GTE Newsletter? If not, I can't believe you didn't ask him.
    Regards

5. drew1295

drew1295 Rookie

Nov 28, 2017
    Denton, TX
    Funny you should say that, he did mention the newsletter to me and i would for sure like to sign up for it as any and all info i can gather would be a tremendous help going forward.

6. epdowd

epdowd Formula Junior
    Owner Silver Subscribed

May 31, 2005
    Los Angeles, CA
    Full Name:
    Tom Wilson
    I never miss an opportunity to connect with a new GTE owner!