1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/2 Short nose | FerrariChat

1965 Ferrari 275 GTB/2 Short nose

Discussion in 'Vintage (thru 365 GTC4)' started by Roverjim, Nov 2, 2005.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, Skimlinks, and others.

1. Roverjim

Roverjim Rookie

Oct 20, 2005
    Norman, OK
    Full Name:
    Jim Womack
    #1 Roverjim, Nov 2, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2017
  2. BigTex

BigTex Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Dude! Welcome!

Your car? We drove with a short nose owner down in New Orleans last year.
    What a beautiful machine..

I'd advise an appraisal of the individual car as it's condition, condition, condition. That said, that car is beautiful!

Someone get Eurotrash and tell him "Forget that 33O and get this one!"

Your standard 'go to' guys here on site would be Bill Noon at Symbolic Motors in California, as far as current market.......Member Napolis also was a 275GTB owner and would know thw worldwide marketplace as he is IN IT! LOL!

I'm going to just be quiet and look at the pictures. My gf really likes the model....Shhhhhhhhhhhhhh!.

3. M.James

M.James F1 Rookie

Jun 6, 2003
    Worcester, MA
    Full Name:
    Michael.C.James
    Since its not a 4-cam, not a long-nose, no torque tube, no alloy body, then this car would probably be at the 'low end' as far as the market is concerned. Of the 275s, the first-gen short noses were the lowest in the food chain because the aerodynamics were 'off' and lacked the power of the bigger 4-cam cars.

4. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    Ditto. Before buying one of these I'd take it for a test drive to make sure this is what you want. IMO a long nose/torque tube/alloy/six carb/4 cam/alloy/outside filler/NART is a better investment and driver.

5. billnoon

billnoon Formula 3
    BANNED

Aug 22, 2003
    La Jolla, California
    Full Name:
    Bill Noon
    If the car is a true PB quality resto ($200K-ish in receipts by one of the various right shops) plus full books, records, tools, matching numbers, no issues whatsoever....it will retail at the moment for $400K without difficulty.

The market on these cars spiked up very fast in 24 months. It has been flat for the past few months but likely do to world economic, currency and the on-set of colder weather etc... Expect the prices on these cars to remain strong while the over-achiever asking prices on late four-cams to probably start correcting backwards again.

Various auctions houses will sell the car as will a store like ours. You should negotiate sales commissions well in advance and do not consign for more than 60 days without a return policy that outlines expenses and insurance in detail.

Do not release car and title at the same time without full funds in hand. Do not use a "seller provide" escrow company.

Make sure you check with your accountant as you will likely have tax issues. If you restored the car you can use these to offset gains etc... Also expenses related to showing the car and advertising etc...

Email me a [email protected] or ring me directly anytime at 619 840 7811. Will write a check for the car if you leave 10% on the table or consign for direct sale or our next auction in January at the Biltmore in Scottsdale.

Warm regards and good luck,

Bill Noon

6. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    From the photos it looks very nice. If it was totally restored by one of the few that can do them properly, and was done within a few years, I would say it is worth 475 today.The last very nice short nose that I know of that was for sale was #6681 restored by Greg Jones and or Shelton.It won platinum at 2005 Cav Classic. Not sure what it went for.

7. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    There ya go! LOL!

Thanks Jim......and Thanks to Mr. Noon!

Very good 'short lesson' on selling points, as well as Market Overview.

That was quick!!!

8. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    There is one for sale locally, a late 2-cam, torque tube, outside hinges, large window, very good to excellent interior, average but decent paint, for $419,000, asking price.

Frankly, I love these car, I wish they were in a price range I could afford, I'd get one in a heart beat.

Good luck,

Alberto

9. thecarreaper

thecarreaper F1 World Champ
    Silver Subscribed

Sep 30, 2003
    Savannah
    #9 thecarreaper, Nov 3, 2005
  10. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    alberto: No longer available, in my driveway ready for a Saturday morning run.
    Malcolm

11. Napolis

Napolis Three Time F1 World Champ
    Honorary Owner

Oct 23, 2002
    Full Name:
    Jim Glickenhaus
    FANTASTICO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

12. ryalex

ryalex Two Time F1 World Champ
    Consultant Owner

Aug 6, 2003
    Las Vegas, NV
    Full Name:
    Ryan Alexander

Congratulations, Malcolm! What taste - Daytona, 275GTB and a 456...

13. alberto

alberto Formula 3

Aug 25, 2001
    San Diego
    Full Name:
    Alberto
    Malcolm:

Congrats. We should get together for a drive some weekend with my Miura and your 275. Now that would be a sight.

Alberto

14. DMC

DMC Formula 3

Nov 15, 2002
    WI/IL
    Full Name:
    Dean
    I'm in San Diego for a conference until tomorrow morning, should you need it exercised before then. :D

Congratulations, beautiful cars.

15. Tspringer

Tspringer F1 Veteran

Apr 11, 2002
    Congrats Malcomb!

What color is the 275? Pics?

Terry

16. ralfabco

ralfabco Two Time F1 World Champ
    Lifetime Rossa

Mar 1, 2002
    Dixie
    Full Name:
    Itamar Ben-Gvir
    Beautiful car

I remember when the 275 cost - X.

Of course I have a 1966 R & T, that has a California Spyder forsale at $7,500.
    Same mag had a 212 listed for much less than that.

17. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Ryan: The 456 went last year to make room for the 365GTC which is now available since I have only room for four cars. I will post a picture or two as soon as this annoying work stuff is out of the way.It is a great car and it would be nice if it goes to someone from FC. See bobileff site for particualrs.

18. BigTex

Owner Rossa Subscribed

Dec 6, 2002
    Houston, Texas
    Full Name:
    Bubba
    Congrats, Malcolm!

19. Vintage V12

Vintage V12 Formula 3

Aug 11, 2004
    You got a good one! 2 cam, Long nose, torch tube, 3 carb, steel body, 1 of only 83 made of this variation. Enjoy!

20. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    #20 malcolmb, Nov 4, 2005
  21. El Wayne

El Wayne F1 World Champ
    Staff Member Lifetime Rossa Owner

Aug 1, 2002
    San Marino, CA
    Full Name:
    L. Wayne Ausbrooks
    Congratulations, Malcom! Very, very nice. 8545, right? If so, Raab has it as a 6-carb car, but that's not the case, is it?

22. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Wayne: It is a 3-carb and always has been, I have the build info and it is listed as 3-carb so Raab must be mistaken. I drove it to CC today for its first outing, very nice on the road except when traffic opicks up it seems a little small next to the Navigators.

23. Texas Forever

Texas Forever Seven Time F1 World Champ
    Rossa Subscribed

Apr 28, 2003
    Texas!
    Beautiful car, as always Malcolmb. Sorry I haven't called. Very busy week. But what is with the leaves changing color? Did you have to have that sprayed on? :)

Dale

24. F360CDC

F360CDC Rookie

Jul 8, 2004
    Coto de Caza, CA
    Full Name:
    George
    Malcolm,
    Your car is outstanding. It was great talking to you again today at CC. Kathy said she talked to you about coming to San Diego. We will have to plan something next time we talk. If you thought your 275 was small next to the SUV's you should have been my Dino. I definitely know the feeling. Have a great week.

George

25. malcolmb

malcolmb Formula 3
    Owner Rossa Subscribed

Apr 17, 2002
    San diego
    Full Name:
    Malcolm Barksdale
    Dale, the leaves in Southern California are hand painted by the Committe to Preserve Memories of where we all used to live before we figured out that the season following Fall is not so much fun in, say, Michigan.